testtest

Gun Smithing Tools

So looking as I will have a considerable amount of time on my hands and my desire to change out the stock brace on my 300 BO Saint Victor Pistol I was getting my tools together yesterday and there are a few tools I don’t have.
One is the spanner wrench for the nut holding the buffer tube to the lower.
I checked out Amazon and they have kits but I’m not sure about size so if someone has that information and what else I would need I would be grateful.

This will handle that.

Or, spend a bit more for a wrench that will handle most issues...about the only thing it won’t will be for handguard specific barrel nuts:..and you usually get the wrench for those with the handguard.

This will handle that.

Or, spend a bit more for a wrench that will handle most issues...about the only thing it won’t will be for handguard specific barrel nuts:..and you usually get the wrench for those with the handguard.

Thank you. Not interested at all getting involved with removing the barrel. But I like the idea of having tools to perform general maintenance or emergency maintenance if needed.

FWIW:

A “I don’t have the tool” hack on the castle nut is to just take a punch and tap it free, or snug.

But it’s better to have the tool, imho.

Is the nut staked? That is, is there a dimple that’s locking the nut to the end plate?
0644CEAA-F3B6-40FA-BEC4-A1499F5194D1.png

Yep, definitely staked. This is a good thing, btw. Keeps the nut from working loose.

I’d wait and get the tool, then...there’s also a few videos that show you how to get the castle nut off. Sometimes you can bust it loose with just the wrench, but sometimes not.

Yep, definitely staked. This is a good thing, btw. Keeps the nut from working loose.

I’d wait and get the tool, then...there’s also a few videos that show you how to get the castle nut off. Sometimes you can bust it loose with just the wrench, but sometimes not.
I’m going to search for the wrench locally first if not found I’ll order it from Brownells.
It does looked staked but the metal punched over does not look very thick.

To restate harbor freight sells a push center punch that works nicely for that

And the Magpul Wrench is nice as well, will outlast your builds.
Thanks to all. I didn’t find a wrench locally so I’ve ordered one from Brownells I have all the punches I need.
xdman I did the research and the Magpul wrench as stated by there website does not work for the larger buffer tube on AR pistols.

Back