testtest

Gun Values on the Rise

Fair enough.

And yes, should my Baer or Wilson ever need work, it will return to the mothership (even though the Wilson is used).

And, asides from a Taurus (lifetime warranty, at the time…) which needed work (boy, did it!) that I bought used, I’ve only sent one gun in for work, a S&W 329 Night Guard that was getting light primer strikes. That was new, and no charge…but, I also have a VERY good gunsmith on tap that would have done the upgrade for a nominal charge (it was simply replacing the factory bushing firing pin with an aftermarket…).

Most gun warranties expire in a very short time (Springfield, credit where credit is due, is NOT one, however), and guns I have had issues that might have required work with were out of warranty, and either got repaired by yours truly, by the aforementioned gunsmith for less than shipping would have cost, or were sold/traded with full disclosure.
which is why, in my earlier life, i was an auto mechanic, (then later a trucker), so taking things apart, and having extra parts when reassembled is not new to me.

i like doing "some" work myself, and there are gunsmiths near me as well. but for the "simple" repairs or replacements, i check you tube videos, several on a subject, then "go for it".

my next "trial and error" project would be to someday change out hammer/trigger assembly in my lower priced (either) Tisas or RIA.

of course, then, if either needs a trip back to the factory, for an actual manufacturing defect, i'd be screwed.

but then, being "lower priced".......may not hurt as much if i "tinkered" with either of my Dan Wesson's......

which is why, in my earlier life, i was an auto mechanic, (then later a trucker), so taking things apart, and having extra parts when reassembled is not new to me.

i like doing "some" work myself, and there are gunsmiths near me as well. but for the "simple" repairs or replacements, i check you tube videos, several on a subject, then "go for it".

my next "trial and error" project would be to someday change out hammer/trigger assembly in my lower priced (either) Tisas or RIA.

of course, then, if either needs a trip back to the factory, for an actual manufacturing defect, i'd be screwed.

but then, being "lower priced".......may not hurt as much if i "tinkered" with either of my Dan Wesson's......
Here are a couple of links on how to do this.....

1911-trigger-installation-fitting

This is how to disassemble the 1911

colt-1911-complete-disassembly

Heh.

I’ve bought a few “1911’s in a bag/box” where some tried to do their own trigger work…and bought them dirt cheap (Norinco 1911A1 in pieces—including about $200 of Ed Brown parts for $250? Ok, I’ll take a swing…it now wears a Kimber .22 conversion, and is my second favorite .22 auto…).

Usually, if they didn’t muck with the factory parts, I could get them back together & running again…

But if I saw frame alterations? Hard pass.

One of my biggest mistakes on selling a gun was when S&W first introduced the 686 revolver, #AAA0110, it was the 110th gun produced off the first production run sold it back to the dealer I originally got it from....big boo boo.

Back