testtest

Guns And Blankets

45D29E82-18FC-46C1-94F0-EDB790FADE1D.jpeg

This is Finn.

He’s an A-hole.

Long Story.

The blanket is nothing special. I bought it in 1993 at a gas station in Bliss Idaho. I was on my from Ft. Lewis WA. To Ft. Sam Houston Texas. I don't think I paid more than 25 bucks for the blanket but it's warm and it's actually very comfortable. It's made out of "Mylar" (IX shredded plastic bottles) and it's from Mexico. My wife and I throw it across the bed when it gets cold at night

The gun is a S&W 4006. It was always a grail gun of mine but I could never find one. Then one day I went to a defensive pistol class for my church security team.

The guy in the lane next to me was shooting a 4006, I mentioned that I had always wanted one. The next day in church he offered to sell it to me for $200. He said he wanted to make sure he gave me a fair deal. Ya think?

The cat is a feral cat who used to walk my rounds with me at work. She wouldn't let anyone else get near her but she followed me around like a dog. So I named her Mutt.

The Night of the "Bomb Cyclone" (March 2019) I threw the blanket in my car in case I got stuck on my way to work. When I got there it was so cold I let Mutt get in my car to keep warm.

From that night till the day I was able to bring her home she insisted on sleeping in my car. And now after living here for 3 years that blanket is still HERS.

Better picture of the gun

Better picture of the Cat

Last edited:
Long Story.

The blanket is nothing special. I bought it in 1993 at a gas station in Bliss Idaho. I was on my from Ft. Lewis WA. To Ft. Sam Houston Texas. I don't think I paid more than 25 bucks for the blanket but it's warm and it's actually very comfortable. It's made out of "Mylar" (IX shredded plastic bottles) and it's from Mexico. My wife and I throw it across the bed when it gets cold at night

The gun is a S&W 4006. It was always a grail gun of mine but I could never find one. Then one day I went to a defensive pistol class for my church security team.

The guy in the lane next to me was shooting a 4006, I mentioned that I had always wanted one. The next day in church he offered to sell it to me for $200. He said he wanted to make sure he gave me a fair deal. Ya think?

The cat is a feral cat who used to walk my rounds with me at work. She wouldn't let anyone else get near her but she followed me around like a dog. So I named her Mutt.

The Night of the "Bomb Cyclone" (March 2019) I threw the blanket in my car in case I got stuck on my way to work. When I got there it was so cold I let Mutt get in my car to keep warm.

From that night till the day I was able to bring her home she insisted on sleeping in my car. And now after living here for 3 years that blanket is still HERS.

New spot for great firearm deals!! Church
1647013712345.png

Long Story.

I believe that blanket as well as you is very special to that cat. ❤️

I believe that blanket as well as you is very special to that cat. ❤️
I don't know Mutt's back story.

I was doing security at a FedEx warehouse that was essentially on Skid Row. We had two crackhead motels and a halfway house for convicts as "Neighbors".

Mutt just showed up one day. I think she lived in one of the crackhead motels and got dumped.

I have no idea why she picked me but she did. I fed her every night and she followed me around the site. She would never get in the company car but she claimed MY car.

Now that she's home she shows absolutely NO interest in ever going outside again.

FWIW my wife absolutely hates that I call her "Mutt".

Last edited:
I don't know Mutt's back story.

I was doing security at a FedEx warehouse that was essentially on Skid Row. We had two crackhead motels and a halfway house for convicts as "Neighbors".

Mutt just showed up one day. I think she lived in one of the crackhead motels and got dumped.

I have no idea why she picked me but she did. I fed her every night and she followed me around the site. She would never get in the company car but she claimed MY car.

Now that she's home she shows absolutely NO interest in ever going outside again.

FWIW my wife absolutely hates that I call her "Mutt".

A great dad for a sweet cat. Bless you for giving her a home.

Probably my favorite blanket. I don't really have a favorite gun. I enjoy all my firearms for different reasons, but here are my top hunting rifles!

Top to bottom.

Sako L61R Finnbear in .338WM fitted with a 1.5-5 Leupy VX3 and custom fiberglass McMillan stock

Sako L61R Finnbear in 30-06 fitted with a 3.5-10 Leupy VX3 and custom McMillan stock

Savage 110 Storm in .338WM fitted with 1.5-5 Leupy

Savage 111 standard in 30-06 fitted with fixed 4x Redfield Widefield

The Sako's are 50 years old and were my dad's. No they are not gun safe queens. Quite the opposite. They have been well used and also we'll taken care of. However, both Savages shoot straighter than both Sako's! Just goes to show. A gun doesn't have to be expensive to be accurate!

Attachments

• IMG_20220312_145108118.jpg
    IMG_20220312_145108118.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Probably my favorite blanket. I don't really have a favorite gun. I enjoy all my firearms for different reasons, but here are my top hunting rifles!

Top to bottom.

Sako L61R Finnbear in .338WM fitted with a 1.5-5 Leupy VX3 and custom fiberglass McMillan stock

Sako L61R Finnbear in 30-06 fitted with a 3.5-10 Leupy VX3 and custom McMillan stock

Savage 110 Storm in .338WM fitted with 1.5-5 Leupy

Savage 111 standard in 30-06 fitted with fixed 4x Redfield Widefield

The Sako's are 50 years old and were my dad's. No they are not gun safe queens. Quite the opposite. They have been well used and also we'll taken care of. However, both Savages shoot straighter than both Sako's! Just goes to show. A gun doesn't have to be expensive to be accurate!
How's this one work for guns and Blankets? .416 Ruger on Kodiak Brown Bear blanket. Hope you guys enjoy as much as me Ha ha ha! 😂😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_20220330_152405447.jpg
    IMG_20220330_152405447.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
Back