testtest

Guns at the NRA Conference

I don't find it surprising at all considering some of the folks who attend gun shows. Loaded guns, accidental discharges, unsafe owners and idiots of all types. There will be multiples of these at a large gathering. I support the 2nd Amendment and have more than a few guns. There are also folks that I don't want to be around. YMMV

Trump could overrule the SS is he so desired.
Trouble is some crackpot getting in there without screening in place. It only takes one nut job. If SS locks down the venue and screens everyone for weapons that's one less vulnerability they have to contend with. In protection operations you control the controllables, the greater the threat the tighter the measures. No doubt about it, the threat against Trump is high.

Hmmmm.... Just left the show floor and we are back in the hotel room. I didn't see any 30.06 or 30.07 signs anywhere. In addition, no metal detectors and no one was frisked that I saw. They were checking some back packs but that was it. We breezed right through with only a check to see if we had a registration badge. The only limitation I saw was that none of the vendors were allowed to sell live ammo.

The last show I attended was in Dallas and at that show, the same protocol was followed for the display floor. At that show, only the meeting room that Trump attended was off limits for guns.

Maybe you could enlighten me on where the no guns policy was published.

The Anti-gun demonstrators was a nothing burger. just a small handful of noisy paid folks yelling "Who's kids are you going to kill today?" I did not engage but thought "Only those who are attacking the schools."

Last edited:
That's Secret Service controlling the risk for Pres. Trump's attendance.
When it was at the Atlanta convention center they allowed firearms in the main center, but none in the auditorium that Trump would be speaking at. I had to give my wife my pistol to hold while I went to photograph the speeches. Those are some of the coolest press passes that I have, for the day I was part of the Whitehouse press pool. Pictures or it didn’t happen:

0EA68F5D-2955-4F72-815E-6DF9B97FA4CB.jpeg

E06CE16D-A37B-4C19-BAF9-1FDBC05E2F73.jpeg

AB07D174-0E66-460B-BF05-823C7B1F34DD.jpeg

7FEBF0A3-0E64-4AF1-91AB-C43F8D26A7F6.jpeg

50241953-6B1F-4F25-93B7-C24020700CE9.jpeg

Trump could overrule the SS is he so desired.
I do not know if he can, not if he is accepting thier protection. From what I read helping my daughter for a school report years ago a standing president cannot over rule the secret service. But not sure if that extends to ex presidents if they accept protection. They can however refuse said protection, which face it would be foolish.

Live with it I guess and realize the SS could give a darn about your right to carry a firearm around thier subject.

I do not know if he can, not if he is accepting thier protection. From what I read helping my daughter for a school report years ago a standing president cannot over rule the secret service. But not sure if that extends to ex presidents if they accept protection. They can however refuse said protection, which face it would be foolish.

Live with it I guess and realize the SS could give a darn about your right to carry a firearm around thier subject.

The whole reason for this post is highly suspect.

IRONY; a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

I don’t know what the half true is. The NRA staunchly supports the 2nd Amendment and constitutional carry but now bans firearms from their conference. That’s ironic! I’m pretty sure the 2A doesn’t list politicians or directives from a government agency as exemptions.

I don't know why the NRA still hold these events. As far as I am concerned the NRA is just another money grabbing organization with a bunch of thieves running it. Just take a look at their leadership! They are an embarrassment!

When it was at the Atlanta convention center they allowed firearms in the main center, but none in the auditorium that Trump would be speaking at. I had to give my wife my pistol to hold while I went to photograph the speeches. Those are some of the coolest press passes that I have, for the day I was part of the Whitehouse press pool. Pictures or it didn’t happen:

View attachment 27719
View attachment 27720
View attachment 27721

View attachment 27722

View attachment 27723
Nice pictures @xdman thanks for sharing

IRONY; a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

I don’t know what the half true is. The NRA staunchly supports the 2nd Amendment and constitutional carry but now bans firearms from their conference. That’s ironic! I’m pretty sure the 2A doesn’t list politicians or directives from a government agency as exemptions.
Welcome to the new America.

Rules for the rich & powerful, and rules for everyone else…which includes all the posters on this forum.

You don’t have to like it…but it’s how it is.

I don't find it surprising at all considering some of the folks who attend gun shows. Loaded guns, accidental discharges, unsafe owners and idiots of all types. There will be multiples of these at a large gathering. I support the 2nd Amendment and have more than a few guns. There are also folks that I don't want to be around. YMMV
Very much this^. Thing is, the 2A is a government restriction not private. And there’s certainly reasons, like mentioned by @youngolddude, to restrict carry in private venues such as this.
I despise not being being allowed to carry into sporting events, concerts, hospitals, etc but I also recognize their right as a private entity to do so.

Again, it's the SS not the NRA prohibiting guns.

Back