testtest

Gunsmithing area

Should the forum create an area dedicated to DIY/Gunsmithing?

• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Almost sounds like “Bolt Bounce” not that you should have to but changing the buffer weight might stop it.
It very well could be a problem . Change out the buffer and recoil spring put valve grinding ink on the lugs and check it after about 100 rounds if it's worn off that's not the problem One of my friends had a problem with that in his Daniel Defense carbine and he swears by The JP Enterprises JPSCS2-15 high dollar buffer & spring $$$$ $ https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101762715?pid=856665

That was the my initial thought after speaking with a colleague. However, I have not changed the buffer weight and when slowly sliding the BCG forward to seat the bolt, the bolt lugs always contact the chamber lugs.
Do you have any marks on your barrel extension? Hard to see from your picture. Could be your barrel(extension) is not centered. That is causing tight tolerances one the locking life of your BCG. I don’t see it cracking or causing a serious issue, yes I would want it fixed. If you have any little minuscule knicks on your barrels extension you would know your locking lugs are hitting it. The Bolt Bounce was a suggestion based on not seeing the barrel extension. Still a good option to consider for down the road.

What are your thoughts on having a gunsmithing area to deal with troubleshooting, fixing, upgrading, etc all of Springfields' firearms? I've helped to build a lot of forums over the years, and one area I always push for and find it draws in a lot of people are how-to and DIY areas. I would often make posts detailing the steps to do a task. What seems like nothing to us, can be a daunting and very scary task for someone who just purchased their first firearm. A simple field strip to us is something so easy we can do it with our eyes closed. But with so many new firearms owners, even basic safe clearing of a firearm is required. These posts show up in search engines and bring people in to learn that task. Many are one time visitors, but some remain. As the forum grows, we will find ourselves fielding the same questions over and over and over again. Copy and paste a link to that thread and they get the answer.

Good idea

I am down with this
18D1B7A5-7A9C-4D9E-A057-7643136CAA91.gif

Back