testtest

Happy w/ my new SA-35

Neubs

Alpha
Just picked-up a new SA-35 and I like it.
Packed it home, inspected, stripped, cleaned and lubed, did a little dry fire and acquired 3 add'l magazines from Springfield.
Have had two sessions for a total of 120 rounds expended, using a mix of range and defensive loads.
No malfunctions and by the end of the 2nd session, hit-groups started looking acceptable.

The fit and finish of my pistol are very good. Tight. No rattling like some of my plastic pistols.

I like the balance when loaded. Recoil is real manageable. I like the grip - the wood panels do provide some grip friction for a more secure hold.

Gotta get used to:
- the 'squared' corners of the beavertail. They do dig a bit into my hand - not a pain, just something I noticed and will get used-to. I experienced no hammer bite.
- the sight picture. It's just different from my other pieces. I don't plan to make any changes to the factory set-up yet.

Before buying this pistol, it had been about 39 years since I had a Hi Power in my hands. On my first deployment (1983) as a Nugget USN A-6 pilot, several of the 'Heavies' in the squadron had BHPs . Back then, joining the squadron a week before cruise, I opted for a Beretta 92S - which I carried when needed on 8 carrier deployments. Still have the Beretta, but I am thrilled with my SA-35 ('New' Hi Power).

Cheers, Neubs.

I have a new SA-35 as well. I've shot approximately 100 rounds through her so far, had one malfunction, I attribute that as part as "break in". I'll have to buy some extra mags soon. Congratulations on you new pistol!

I have a new SA-35 as well. I've shot approximately 100 rounds through her so far, had one malfunction, I attribute that as part as "break in". I'll have to buy some extra mags soon. Congratulations on you new pistol!
Hey Neubs

I acquired my SA-35 a week ago,,, serial number on the high side of five k.

I have sent fifty rounds through mine with one failure to extract and that was the third magazine when it occurred. So it’s going to take some more range time to see if it continues to run well.

I do have a real like affair with the pistol, so far anyways

Thanks for the report Neubs

i actually went to my LGS, where i left a deposit for one back on 3/2/22, and they still have not come in yet. i am like #5 on the list for one, when they come in. this is really good though, meaning to me at least, that the serial numbers will be higher, and any problems worked out, is my hope.

Back