testtest

Having a Plan to Defend Home and Property

here our 911 response takes a good bit of length of time, we are a huge county with not alot of deputies on each shift
we tell our older residents to...call 911, yell SOMEONE JUST BROKE IN AND I AM FEARED FOR MY LIFE and lay phone down, keep line open but stop talking to operator.
deputies will be here faster than normal and more than one

this past election we actually got a sherriff that has been chief of police for long time and is all about protecting the people. he has made huge positive strides over our last turkey that was just a failure from day one.
we even have a deputy renting a house in our community. she is out and about and probably knows everyone by face if not by name. She knows which houses are good people that would help her if needed as well.

2nd have a protection device, shotgun, cattle prod, large lap dog, pistol, air horn, bat
3rd call your neighbor, that you have already made a pact with to help. surprisingly we have good results with this.
4th for those of us that are not as frail, have protection devices your comfortable with, pistols, shotgun etc.
call 911 and leave line open, and once you have said what needed to be said....lay it down

one great thing about texas; is if you are on a persons property, without permission of landowner, you are trespassing..period no debate. its in the law and you do not have to have property posted.

we are a rural neighborhood and most have fences to the property line all the way around. if the un-invited person opens or jump the gate..they are guilty. so rules apply that a land owner has to protect their life, and property. even police cannot open your gate without permission or a warrant. game wardens....well they are different, but still must have very good PC to cross over.

so this gives you time to be a bit more prepared for the intruder. most of us have some sort of camera system
so bad guy is SEEN well before they know it.
my dogs are best alerts in the world, they know every normal car noise of our neighbors and when any odd one comes down the street, they perk up, not bark and freak, just perk up and listen

but we dont have a crime problem in our little neighborhood, very very low. most stuff is silly preventable theft of fishing poles etc.
last break in and attempted theft of a residence was years ago and bad guy left in a coroner wagon. old dude (over 80 years old) flat split him in half with short barrel shotgun. sort of sent a message if you know what i mean.

but i see a change coming, as we have lots of new people from weird areas of the country that somehow dont understand texas law and right to defend, or are simply so brainwashed they cant protect themselves.

some are already trying to ban firearms in the community...you can imagine how thats been received.
we tell those people to post on the community facebook page that they are un armed and put a sign in their yard . :unsure:

maybe it will deter bad people ??????

nothing beats being prepared and having a sound plan of action that all household members know by heart
this works for tornadoes and other events.

Back