testtest

Heart surgery

Prayers and thoughts are with you . I feel for you because I am wearing a heart monitor at this moment. Had heart catherization through right wrist a week ago Monday. Only 40 % blockage in a couple places which didn't require stents.

When you get to feeling better get on back here and let us know.

Thank you for your service and I will echo that our veterans are not treated as they should be.

Thanks guys I appreciate it! It will be done here at local hospital. I will have the surgery here but have had terrible results with cardio office here. They want me to go to a follow up one week after surgery but I will not go back to them ever. I will have to look for a new doctor after the surgery and it will have to be out of town, probably in Las Cruces. Hopefully I will be able to find one quickly. Even base here is giving me problems with new perscription they want me to take. Say Tricare will not authorize it and I can't take anything else as I cannot take Satins. It's a mess and i'm not going to deal with it. I guess i just won't take the meds. I'll let you know how it all went hopefully sometime next week.

Thanks guys I appreciate it! It will be done here at local hospital. I will have the surgery here but have had terrible results with cardio office here. They want me to go to a follow up one week after surgery but I will not go back to them ever. I will have to look for a new doctor after the surgery and it will have to be out of town, probably in Las Cruces. Hopefully I will be able to find one quickly. Even base here is giving me problems with new perscription they want me to take. Say Tricare will not authorize it and I can't take anything else as I cannot take Satins. It's a mess and i'm not going to deal with it. I guess i just won't take the meds. I'll let you know how it all went hopefully sometime next week.

Brother for the next few days put all this crap away, worry about that crap another day, WHEN you get out of the other side of this. For now, enjoy those you love, rest, get strong, and get feeling positive.

Prayers. ..

wish you a speedy recovery.. and a hot nurse 😆

1680704186034.gif

John, I had my aortic valve replaced as well as a by-pass procedure 12 weeks ago. I can totally relate to the feelings and concerns you have at this point. I saw it as a total roll of the dice, but I had no other options. I can't remember much of the time I spent in ICU. In fact, I totally lost 2 days of which I have no memory following the surgery. I found the meds were great, the food was awful, and the attention from the hospital staff was fantastic. I can say at this point I'm no worse for the wear. I hope and pray all will go well with your procedure. Have faith that there's better days ahead. You are part of the family here and all of us will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. God bless.

John, I had my aortic valve replaced as well as a by-pass procedure 12 weeks ago. I can totally relate to the feelings and concerns you have at this point. I saw it as a total roll of the dice, but I had no other options. I can't remember much of the time I spent in ICU. In fact, I totally lost 2 days of which I have no memory following the surgery. I found the meds were great, the food was awful, and the attention from the hospital staff was fantastic. I can say at this point I'm no worse for the wear. I hope and pray all will go well with your procedure. Have faith that there's better days ahead. You are part of the family here and all of us will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. God bless.
you thought the food was awful..??

when ever i had to have surgery, (4 which i had to stay at the white bed hotel) i looked forward to the food...seriously...

now mind you all, my wifes cooking got me fat(er) then when we first met, but dang, that fried chicken, baked fish, and lasagna, made me wanna have another operation....

in all due respect to @nmedge and others, all we have either at a VA hospital, or private one, is our faith in our doctors, and staff.

we have to trust thier training, skills, and procedures in anything related to surgery, and post op....heck, even pre-op testing.

after all that....gorge on that FINE, i say FINE hospital food.......(just don't EVER tell your Mrs).......... :LOL:

Back home now. They couldn't find anything that needed a stent. I do have some mild heart disease because of high triglycerides and the fact i cannot tolerate any type of med to help lower it. It's not anything i am doing its heredity. They told me i should be ok and try to enjoy life. I am doing everything right. I just have to take it easy for a few more days then I should be back to normal. Thank you for all the nice comments. I really appreciate it.

Back home now. They couldn't find anything that needed a stent. I do have some mild heart disease because of high triglycerides and the fact i cannot tolerate any type of med to help lower it. It's not anything i am doing its heredity. They told me i should be ok and try to enjoy life. I am doing everything right. I just have to take it easy for a few more days then I should be back to normal. Thank you for all the nice comments. I really appreciate it.
That's great news brother.

Back