testtest

Hellcat 15 round magazine spring

Hello all. I recently took my 15 round Hellcat mag apart for maintenance. U noticed the spring is not in good health. I took another 15 rounder apart to compare and the spring is definitely in need of replacement. These springs can't be found anywhere. I even call Springfield to ask and the person on the phone said you have to replace the whole magazine. Why would this be? You can buy magazine springs for nearly every other Springfield magazine out there. I asked if I could use a spring from one of the double stacked XD models and he said probably not. It seems that the customer service of Springfield has gone to hell. I called a month ago about a extractor spring pin not being able to remove from my gun and I have never received a call back even after 3 calls into Springfield. My Hellcat is my EDC. I want all components to function as they should so I preform regular cleanings and function tests. I think I'm no longer going to trust this company with my life. Not returning calls and the unwillingness to help customers is unacceptable. I own 4 Springfield firearms buy will not purchase another.

Does the mag with the spring in question function properly? You can’t judge a spring strictly by its looks.

Does the mag with the spring in question function properly? You can’t judge a spring strictly by its looks.
I had a failure to feed earlier that day. I've never had this issue before. It only happened with one round but as I said before this is my EDC so I take maintenance on it very seriously.

Hello all. I recently took my 15 round Hellcat mag apart for maintenance. U noticed the spring is not in good health. I took another 15 rounder apart to compare and the spring is definitely in need of replacement. These springs can't be found anywhere. I even call Springfield to ask and the person on the phone said you have to replace the whole magazine. Why would this be? You can buy magazine springs for nearly every other Springfield magazine out there. I asked if I could use a spring from one of the double stacked XD models and he said probably not. It seems that the customer service of Springfield has gone to hell. I called a month ago about an extractor spring pin not being able to remove from my gun and I have never received a call back even after 3 calls into Springfield. My Hellcat is my EDC. I want all components to function as they should so I preform regular cleanings and function tests. I think I'm no longer going to trust this company with my life. Not returning calls and the unwillingness to help customers is unacceptable. I own 4 Springfield firearms buy will not purchase another.
Why do you need to remove the extractor spring? How old is this gun, mag springs don’t go bad that quickly. I got 30 year old 1911 magazines with the original springs they still work great. Springfield does not sell gun parts that’s why CS said you have to get a new mag.

I had a failure to feed earlier that day. I've never had this issue before. It only happened with one round but as I said before this is my EDC so I take maintenance on it very seriously.
Just because you had one FTF issue doesn’t mean the mag spring is bad. The cause if your issue could have just been an ammo issue, not every round of ammo is completely in spec.

Why do you need to remove the extractor spring? How old is this gun, mag springs don’t go bad that quickly. I got 30 year old 1911 magazines with the original springs they still work great. Springfield does not sell gun parts that’s why CS said you have to get a new mag.
I had shot over 5000 rounds and was doing a complete take down to clean my Hellcat. When I removed the extractor spring it was caught in the hole and required force to pull out. Thus should slide out easily. The extractor pin will not come out at all. It travels about 1/2 inch down bored hole and then gets caught up somehow. I've tried cleaning it out with long q-tips and even attempted to knock it out with a wooden dowel. I was able to reassemble the firearm and it does work but I'm concerned this is going ro affect the spring and not let it travel how it should. Springfield has not returned my calls to discuss this after I spoke to one person who said he hasn't heard of this before and the pin should easily slide out.

Just because you had one FTF issue doesn’t mean the mag spring is bad. The cause if your issue could have just been an ammo issue, not every round of ammo is completely in spec.
I agree it might have been an ammo issue. I was simply cleaning the mag as I do after every 10 or so trips to the range. This time I noticed the spring looks damaged or mishapened. Rather carrying a mag that looks like the spring is in bad shape I wanted to simply replace the spring. If I notice something that could be a problem I want to address it before it is a problem. It seems strange that they won't sell replacement springs for a very popular magazine. They do sell replacement springs for alot of their other mags. It seems very wasteful to toss out a mag simply because of a spring. As I said before this is my EDC. If we don't ensure everything is functioning perfectly then what's the point of carrying it. I wouldn't use a holster that sometimes catches my firearm when I pull it. In a self defense scenario if your tools don't work you lose.

I think if you got a bad mag and there are no springs available for it, maybe just buying a new mag for $30 solves your problem.

It’s been well known for a long time that SA doesn’t sell any parts.

Back