testtest

Hellcat .380

I had one of the American .380 Glocks a few years ago. It would jam up no matter what ammo I used. Sent it back to Glock for fixing. It was worse than before. So, I dumped it.

I'm not a fan of .380. I use 9mm. But .380 in a micro-micro gun has its uses. I like something of the size of a Ruger LCP Max with 11 + 1 capacity. It would make a good ankle gun for last ditch. But I'd like Springfield to make it and make it right.

Ruger's quality is just so-so. I had a brand new .327 magnum LCR from Ruger and it jammed up right out of the box. Trigger would not reset and would stick in the rear position after you would pull it. Not every time, but enough of the time. I mean, even once is too much! Terrible. I could send you a photo, but don't have one handy. Just believe me...I never lie.

My vote is for the Bobcat name. Make it in the USA...just not like the undependable Glock, which seemed hit or miss depending on the copy for reliability.

Now, Springfield has to do better with their quality control. Look at a Hellcat for a few years ago vs. a recent Hellcat I bought to try optics. You can't hardly grip the slide on the new model. The slide texture is terrible.

Even if you say it was done because of the optics cover...what is the GD excuse for a shitty front texture on the slide? Don't make excuses for Springfield. I've hot 3 Hellcats but won't buy any more. Greatly disappointed in the last one.

DSC00398.jpg
DSC00397.jpg

Still, if Springfield comes up with a .380 Bobcat and has good reviews for reliability and performance...I'd try a few of them.

Last edited:
I had one of the American .380 Glocks a few years ago. It would jam up no matter what ammo I used. Sent it back to Glock for fixing. It was worse than before. So, I dumped it.

I'm not a fan of .380. I use 9mm. But .380 in a micro-micro gun has its uses. I like something of the size of a Ruger LCP Max with 11 + 1 capacity. It would make a good ankle gun for last ditch. But I'd like Springfield to make it and make it right.

Ruger's quality is just so-so. I had a brand new .327 magnum LCR from Ruger and it jammed up right out of the box. Trigger would not reset and would stick in the rear position after you would pull it. Not every time, but enough of the time. I mean, even once is too much! Terrible. I could send you a photo, but don't have one handy. Just believe me...I never lie.

My vote is for the Bobcat name. Make it in the USA...just not like the undependable Glock, which seemed hit or miss depending on the copy for reliability.

Now, Springfield has to do better with their quality control. Look at a Hellcat for a few years ago vs. a recent Hellcat I bought to try optics. You can't hardly grip the slide on the new model. The slide texture is terrible.

Even if you say it was done because of the optics cover...what is the GD excuse for a shitty front texture on the slide? Don't make excuses for Springfield. I've hot 3 Hellcats but won't buy any more. Greatly disappointed in the last one.

View attachment 33676View attachment 33675

Still, if Springfield comes up with a .380 Bobcat and has good reviews for reliability and performance...I'd try a few of them.

You really should read the entire thread first…

1: a .380 Hellcat isn’t importable and
2: Bobcat is already trademarked by Beretta.

All of which was covered on the first page.

Back