testtest

Hellcat: Best Micro 9mm?

I actually got to go out and try one of these, was different to me, as the trigger isn't like the ones on the XD’s, and I kinda missed the grip safety, other then my differences, liked how it handled and shot. Felt good in my hand, to me, it pointed more nature then my Shield does. This is definitely going on my gun wish list.

Hellcat is not comfortable in the hand 😪. I am really surprised that the same group of designers that produced the XDM/XD worked on this pistol. Please fix the ergonomics and make it just as ergonomic as the XDM/XD lines. If I want non-ergonomic I will go buy a Glock!!!! I would like “Ergonomic Reliability” to the Springfield tag line!!!

Hellcat is not comfortable in the hand 😪. I am really surprised that the same group of designers that produced the XDM/XD worked on this pistol. Please fix the ergonomics and make it just as ergonomic as the XDM/XD lines. If I want non-ergonomic I will go buy a Glock!!!! I would like “Ergonomic Reliability” to the Springfield tag line!!!
I own a Hellcat and actually work at a gun counter in a major sporting goods store. We had a tough time getting the cat, but I bought one and really am impressed. another good alternative if it feels better is the Sig P365 or 65XL.

I have the Sig P365 and the Hellcat and the Hellcat is so much more fun to shoot. I have Talon grips on both as I prefer those but the stock grips felt ok to me. The soft Talon grip makes is more comfortable to carry against my skin. I like the trigger feel on the Hellcat and having 13+1 is great too. I like the look of the Hellcat over the P365 too...it looks more aggressive. Both guns are great but I like the Hellcat better for my EDC.

I thought the Hellcat felt spot-on like my XDs with the larger backstrap installed. So similar, in fact, that it quenched my "MUSTHAVENOW" impulse.

For a little while.

I really liked running it...that capacity is nice.

I will stick with my P365. While I agree the Hellcat looks better I think the Sig shoots better. The trigger on the Sig is also IMO better. There are currently more options for the Sig although I am happy stock except for finger extensions for the 10 round mags.

I have TWO older sig Pistols P-226 9MM & P 220 .45 that I have owned for 30 years. My son has a few Sig Pistols he had a P365 but traded it off because he had to send it back twice for repairs it jammed shut locked up twice. He likes his Sig collection p320, p229, sp 2022, P220, P226 Pistols, and has never had a problem with any of them but the 365. His Preferred EDC is a 1911 45 full size. His wife carries a HellCat OSP she loves it so do I.

I have TWO older sig Pistols P-226 9MM & P 220 .45 that I have owned for 30 years. My son has a few Sig Pistols he had a P365 but traded it off because he had to send it back twice for repairs it jammed shut locked up twice. He likes his Sig collection p320, p229, sp 2022, P220, P226 Pistols, and has never had a problem with any of them but the 365. His Preferred EDC is a 1911 45 full size. His wife carries a HellCat OSP she loves it so do I.
I’ve always loved Sigs never owned one sadly. I have my eyes set on a P220 and a P226. However the Hellcat far exceeded my expectations. I absolutely love my Hellcat.

I’ve always loved Sigs never owned one sadly. I have my eyes set on a P220 and a P226. However the Hellcat far exceeded my expectations. I absolutely love my Hellcat.
I like my HellCat it's above the rest in my opinion when it comes to Sub Micro Compacts with more than 12 rounds capacity. and I have been thru 500 rounds of ball ammo not one jamb or malfunction I won't part with it. I've had the Sigs since I was stationed in Germany In the '80s where I purchased a Sig P220 in .45ACP & a Sig P226 9MM they both are safe queens now but they are good shooters, I sent my P226 in for a trigger upgrade about 5 or 6 years ago and they refurbished it for free even put on new sights and finish on it. Sig gets them back quick their customer service ranks with Springfield Armory . If you get hold of an old Browning BDA .45 you will notice its made By Sig it's a P220 with Brownings Name on it I had a BDA .45 in 1979 and traded it off, I now wish I kept it. You will like the New Sig P220 .45 it has had many refinements over the years. You can get used Police Surplus P220'S at a discount look around you might find some good deals. My Son has a collection of Sig Pistols and he loves them but he said the Sig P 365 was one disappointment after another so he traded it in on a Hell Cat for his wife and she loves it also. She shot in some Bowling Pin women's match and came in second place with her Hell Cat. The winner had a 38 super 1911 Colt silver cup customized pistol. I did like that customized silver cup 1911 38 super match pistol she was using.

The Hellcat is a good option but I believe the best fit depends on the individual. Best to try a few before committing to one. SigSauer had a tough time at launch for the P365 for reasons not important to this topic. That being said it is a good idea to try both the P365 and the P365XL. The Glock 43X is also a good option. Shield Arms came out with a 15rd flush mag for the 43x/48. So with capacity and reliability being almost equal I would suggest giving each a try.

There is no such thing as a best gun for everyone. As stated here, try different ones till you find the one you like, I have a Shield in 9mm, is it the best gun, I would say no, my brother has the Glock 43, also, honestly I can’t say it’s the best gun either. I had a XDs, I liked it a lot, I have tried one of the Hellcats, it did fit my hand and pointed better then the XDs in my hand, as for Sig, I don’t like the new ones since they tried to say there was nothing wrong with there P320 and then again in there 365, which there were issues with both so I can’t give any reports on those pistols. Which ever gun you decide on, be it a S&W, Glock or Hellcat, or a Sig, as long as you like how it feels and functions to you, that is all that matters. My personal choice would be either a Shield 2.0 or Hellcat, but, this is just me.

I was intrigued by the Hellcat OSP so I bought one. It is my first Springfield although I do own other brands. My initial range visit with it was eye-opening. It is, by far, the best micro compact I've ever shot. Deadly accurate from 7, 15, and 20 yards. 8" steel plates fell one after the other with no misses or failures of any kind in 150 rounds using my EDC and range ammo (Credit the Hellcat, not me). The iron sights are so good In fact, I don't know at this point if I will put a red dot on it (maybe just a light) but it's nice to have that option. Target acquisition from low ready was spot on from the first shot although I did little snap cap dry firing at home, both combat grip and offhand. My old eyes seem to like these sights. I have XL hands but had little difficulty finding a workable grip before my range visit. I'll work on my draw next. Thank you Springfield Armory for this awesome firearm!

Last edited:
Back