testtest

Hellcat EDC?

If it's like the R5, you can get a small button magnet. The R5 holsters I got from Alien each have the button magnet molded into the interior of the kydex shell...and they shipped each holster with a spare magnet button. It looks like a 2032 coin battery. If you're going to attach one to the exterior of your holster, I'd recommend either epoxy or some thick super glue so you can round/taper the edges up, from the kydex to the outer edge of the magnet, so it doesn't snag on any clothing while you're wearing the holster. I've installed one of my magnets into a belly band and it works just fine, but I may move it to a kydex if I get something made for the hellcat.

I like the C5L...that's slick. How does it fit on the Hellcat, do they make one for it? Or did you adapt one from another pistol? I'll have to research when I get home - darn internet filters here at work...

C5L fits like a glove on the Hellcat..used the bar magnet because I started with magnetic tape and it wasn't strong enough even when touching..ordered the 60mmx 10mm rare earth to make certain the light and laser would go off..bit of an overkill, but it's not going to snag..

Well I did some poking around now that I'm home - looks like the C5L is a "universal" subcompact laser/light combo. Looks very slick. "User programmable modes"? Can you tell it what to turn on when you draw (light, laser, or both)?

Looking forward to the Northern Va gun show next weekend...got lotsa stuff to hunt for now! :cool:

Yes, you press both left and right buttons to cycle through six modes..if you find the one you want, say light and laser, then hit one button to turn it off..when you draw and hit one button it returns to the mode you had..of course using the magnet saves having to press any button..
You will need to change the holding clip to a smaller one so the tension screw hole lines up for you, but it's all included when you buy the C5L..also included is a very small Allen wrench to adjust elevation and windage to move laser dot..

Attachments

• IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    828.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3140.JPG
    IMG_3140.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    979.7 KB · Views: 235
So, I’m a brand new Hellcat owner and I’m unfortunately in a state that limits us to 10 round magazines. I plan on using the one with the pinky ext as it’s much more comfortable.
One curious thing, they give us 2 10-round magazines one with the flat cover and one with the pinky ext and an extra flat cover. Would it have killed them to give us a second pink ext?

If it's like the R5, you can get a small button magnet. The R5 holsters I got from Alien each have the button magnet molded into the interior of the kydex shell...and they shipped each holster with a spare magnet button. It looks like a 2032 coin battery. If you're going to attach one to the exterior of your holster, I'd recommend either epoxy or some thick super glue so you can round/taper the edges up, from the kydex to the outer edge of the magnet, so it doesn't snag on any clothing while you're wearing the holster. I've installed one of my magnets into a belly band and it works just fine, but I may move it to a kydex if I get something made for the hellcat.

I like the C5L...that's slick. How does it fit on the Hellcat, do they make one for it? Or did you adapt one from another pistol? I'll have to research when I get home - darn internet filters here at work...
How is that magnet working? I have the Viridian E-line red laser, but pressing that button gets me nervous.

PS: I also have the P356XL with RomeoZero, for home, and that one has movement activation.

I'm a huge fan of belly band carry...but this one is by far the best one I've ever owned. I like the way it is angled perfectly in the kydex, and it's way more comfortable than IWB. It's by Tactica and they said as soon as they get enough requests for the optics, they'll release a version of it.

IMG_2758.jpeg

Well I did some poking around now that I'm home - looks like the C5L is a "universal" subcompact laser/light combo. Looks very slick. "User programmable modes"? Can you tell it what to turn on when you draw (light, laser, or both)?

Looking forward to the Northern Va gun show next weekend...got lotsa stuff to hunt for now! :cool:
Yes, to programming Viridian C5L, all of the above.... It's VERY nice. Bit bulky, but very nice.
Look on their website if need further instructions to program. - Included owners manual print's fairly puny for my eyes.

Hadn't seen this thread in a while. Ended up going to the gun show in VA after my last post, picked up an Olight Baldr-mini green laser with tac light for my Hellcat. Put it on, and actually made my own kydex shell (mated to one of my Alien Gear leather backing pieces) for the setup. Got lucky - the shell hits the buttons on the Olight just right, and turns it on as I draw. Couldn't do that again if I tried! Got the laser zeroed at about 10M, been very happy with it, holds zero quite well.

The Olight is (was) a little blocky - I ended up rounding off the leading edges of the case, they were squared off with hard corners, making it VERY hard to reholster, so I got the Dremel and angled them back quite a bit so now it reholsters a lot easier. Still bulky...but not as bad as it was. Been carrying it like this for a year(ish) now, with no issues - and I love that the Olight is a rechargeable unit. Every time the gun is in the safe, the charger cable magnet-attaches to the light and charges it while in storage.

I like it a lot. The only issue I have run into is finding a holster for it with the site, right now the choices seem to be limited.
TT Gunleather makes an excellent holster for the HellCat OSP. Turn around time is usually about 4 weeks. Pic #1 is the KX Lightweight IWB Holster, and #2 is a Pancake Holster with Mag Pouch.

Attachments

• KX HC.jpg
    KX HC.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 156
  • TT GL 1.jpg
    TT GL 1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 145
Back