testtest

Hellcat in Massachusetts

New Hampshire has almost no 2A restrictions outside of federal laws.

We have constitutional carry with the only place you can't carry is in federal buildings and also there are zero prohibited firearms or accessories in the state. Plus you can buy silencers, SBR's & machine guns with just the approval of a federal tax stamp and no further state requirements.

The last 4 years have scored big victories for pro 2A laws in NH.

The constitutional carry in New Hampshire extends to any American citizen from whatever state they reside regardless if you have an LTC in your own state.

I grew up in Massachusetts and lived there until 2 years ago and in my opinion New Hampshire is a major difference from Massachusetts with 2A rights. The 2 states are on opposite ends of the spectrum for personal freedoms.

Massachusetts has strict licensing requirements, assault weapons ban, mag limits, red flag laws and a restrictive state approved firearms roster.

The Massachusetts LTC is may issue only and the city you reside in can deny you without cause or reason with you having minimal course of action to appeal a denial.
Any time I am in NH or ME, with all of that freedom, I just don't know what to do with myself.

I think the trick in exercising out of state carry privileges in NH for someone like me (Alabama) would be getting there! There is a band of red states on the USCCA CCW reciprocity map that would prevent me from driving into NH with a weapon in my car in all likelihood.
May need to readup on how to transport firearms legally? Am thinking needed reading info's on USCCA's site?

The republicans who voted the constitutional law into place wanted to make sure that every legal US citizen who's not a prohibited possessor the right to carry in NH without even having an LTC in your home state because they know some states like Massachusetts unfairly deny law abiding citizens for no reason depending on which city you live in.

New Hampshire also has stand your ground and castle laws here with zero legal or financial reprisals stemming from a justified shooting.

With all this being said New Hampshire is in the top 3 safest states in the country.
Perspective helps? Size and law wise, am thinking many people do not realize the effects some state laws have on surrounding states sometimes? For smaller New England states it's not uncommon for someone to live in one state and work or visit in another. For an example: How many workers in D.C. live in other states and commute daily? Just looking at a National scale map with that in mind may help gain that perspective better? Traveling from state to state there is as common as going from city to city in larger states sometimes? Heck, many European countries aren't as large as Texas or other US states. For example: Someone living in Germany can commute to France fairly easily. Think about how easily their laws can effect other surrounding countries?

Reciprocity laws help in some areas and hinders in others where one place honors the others laws and customs. Juggling matches are not uncommon and can happen. In my opinion, National reciprocity in most matters would help this country out a whole lot in many cases especially where travel is frequent.

I was hoping it was going to hit the roster on the latest update (6-21) No luck.

Back