testtest

Hellcat optics

cheebe

Alpha
I just purchased 2 Hellcat OSP one for myself and one for my son in military. My question is... Now they came out with the RDP version that I would of bought but I'm stuck with this unfired gun. My question is Can I buy the threaded barrel and comp along with the wasp to integrate it to my OSP or trade it in on RDP/??? Cost wise will I get hurt ? Most of the gun shops are rapeing buyers inflating prices so MSRP does not exist anymore. Please advise. Or what optics will fit on my hellcat Vortex venom ? holosun , shield what do you all recommend. I don't like the idea of taking the optic off to install batteries then have to re zero my sites. Is the cut an RMR base or is it preparatory to springfield arms mounting holes??

The RDP will likely cost less than buying a WASP, comp and threaded barrel separately. I wouldn't bother trying to get one if I already had an OSP though. Those modifications look cool in pictures, but IMO are actually detriments on a edc pistol.

The WASP is interesting, and I probably would've bought one had it been available when I bought my RDS. But at the same time, it's a very unproven RDS.

The Hellcat uses the Springfield Micro/Shield RMSc footprint. There are adaptors to change it to other brands of optics, but adapter plates are needed and raise it up slightly. True Precision makes an aftermarket threaded barrel for the Hellcat, to use with suppressors. The comp is proprietary with its locking system, but eventually others will make things to fit. The RDP is way too new to know when or if the barrel and comp will be available separately.

A comp on a carry piece is a stupid idea, shooting in low light situations your going to get a nasty fireball.

I would be interested in an RDP without the Comp or threaded barrel, the Wasp is worth checking out, an dthe upgraded trigger definitely has my attention, but I wouldn't carry it with a comp, and there's no point of a threaded barrel if I'm not running something g on it.

You could always list your hellcats on Armslist.com, or see if a local FFL will put them up for consignment, on armslist.com you'd likely be able to get back all the money you paid, cast a wide net, and offer shipping (which you'd charge extra for) and ship through shipmygun.com to an ffl and your straight.

Or you could just throw a holosun 507k on there and keep the ones you have

A comp on a carry piece is a stupid idea, shooting in low light situations your going to get a nasty fireball.

I would be interested in an RDP without the Comp or threaded barrel, the Wasp is worth checking out, an dthe upgraded trigger definitely has my attention, but I wouldn't carry it with a comp, and there's no point of a threaded barrel if I'm not running something g on it.

You could always list your hellcats on Armslist.com, or see if a local FFL will put them up for consignment, on armslist.com you'd likely be able to get back all the money you paid, cast a wide net, and offer shipping (which you'd charge extra for) and ship through shipmygun.com to an ffl and your straight.

Actually, you're not going to get that nasty fireball...you're confusing it with a bare barrel that gives you a nice volleyball-sized globe out of the muzzle.

Comps (well, good comps designed for defense), by design, direct the flash away from your sight line—while keeping the muzzle flat for a faster follow up.

And more than a few professionals run Roland Specials or similar as their defensive pistol, so...I suspect they know what they are doing.

And, having more than a little experience running comped and/or ported barrels in low light conditions...it's really not all that distracting, or blinding.

Actually, you're not going to get that nasty fireball...you're confusing it with a bare barrel that gives you a nice volleyball-sized globe out of the muzzle.

Comps (well, good comps designed for defense), by design, direct the flash away from your sight line—while keeping the muzzle flat for a faster follow up.

And more than a few professionals run Roland Specials or similar as their defensive pistol, so...I suspect they know what they are doing.

And, having more than a little experience running comped and/or ported barrels in low light conditions...it's really not all that distracting, or blinding.
Ok all honesty I've never ran a comp on an actual pistol, I have ran both comps and brakes on rifles and AR pistols, and I've done low light shooting with comps brakes and flash hiders and there were definitely noticeable fireballs on the comps and brakes, to those that choose to run them that's fine more power to you, but for me its a hard pass.

Maybe its not as bad on the hellcat but it's not really my thing.

Ok all honesty I've never ran a comp on an actual pistol, I have ran both comps and brakes on rifles and AR pistols, and I've done low light shooting with comps brakes and flash hiders and there were definitely noticeable fireballs on the comps and brakes, to those that choose to run them that's fine more power to you, but for me its a hard pass.

Maybe its not as bad on the hellcat but it's not really my thing.
Big difference between the two.

An AR “pistol” has a barrel which is far, far shorter than what the cartridge was designed for—which means you’re going to get a massive fireball due to unutilized propellant no matter what you put on it (And if you want to see how much those comps actually do work? Try a shot out of a naked 7.5” barrel; you'll get a 3+ foot globe of plasma).

On the other hand, that pistol barrel is pretty much the length that 9mm was designed for, and you're not going to be wasting gas, turning it into excess flash and noise.

I have been looking at triggers too. They like all 3 APEX, HYVE monarch ,Powder performance each has it pros and cons any suggestions on a trigger,,? and why the 507K.

Back