testtest

Hellcat OSP mags don't drop when mostly full?

It may just be a kinky mag. You said it doesn't happen with the 11 round mag but does with the 13. Maybe buy another 13 round mag and see if it still happens. Like I said earlier in the thread, both my mags drop fine.
Just to be clear, it happens with the 11, but not the 13, but the point is the same. I did buy a second 11 round mag and it does the same thing. After I did that, SA requested I send the gun and mag to them to check it. They did and returned it after a few weeks, but said nothing and haven't replied to my emails since. It actually worked great for an afternoon, then went back to doing the same. I've figured out shortly after I got it back from SA, as the slide cycles, it is dragging the round below the one being pulled into the chamber and dragging it forward just enough to cause the mag not to fall if I need to drop it for whatever reason. It does this down to about 5 rounds left in the mag, then it's fine. I don't have a ton of guns, just under 10 let's say. A few different brands, Glock, S&W, Walther, Sig, and not one of any of them does this at all ever. So it seems this particular gun is wound a bit tight. lol. Weird that it only happens with the 11 though. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else with this issue but the kinds of tolerances these guns have, especially this size with this number of rounds, it's not too surprising I guess. It does seem to be getting better the more I shoot it so maybe this is an issue that fixes itself as it breaks in.

Just to be clear, it happens with the 11, but not the 13, but the point is the same. I did buy a second 11 round mag and it does the same thing. After I did that, SA requested I send the gun and mag to them to check it. They did and returned it after a few weeks, but said nothing and haven't replied to my emails since. It actually worked great for an afternoon, then went back to doing the same. I've figured out shortly after I got it back from SA, as the slide cycles, it is dragging the round below the one being pulled into the chamber and dragging it forward just enough to cause the mag not to fall if I need to drop it for whatever reason. It does this down to about 5 rounds left in the mag, then it's fine. I don't have a ton of guns, just under 10 let's say. A few different brands, Glock, S&W, Walther, Sig, and not one of any of them does this at all ever. So it seems this particular gun is wound a bit tight. lol. Weird that it only happens with the 11 though. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else with this issue but the kinds of tolerances these guns have, especially this size with this number of rounds, it's not too surprising I guess. It does seem to be getting better the more I shoot it so maybe this is an issue that fixes itself as it breaks in.
I hope it works out for you. It's definitely a weird thing. Especially since it happens with only the 11 round mag and not the 13. I have noticed with mine that it is A LOT harder to get that 11th round in than it is to get the 13th in between the two mags.

And as I think about this, before I got the Hellcat, I had a Kimber Micro 9. I don't remember if I had the mag drop problem, but I remember distinctly that when I went to take the round out of the chamber at the end of the day and dropped the mag, the next round would literally get pulled out of the mag and fall out separately. It was obvious that the top round would get pulled forward when the round above it was chambered and when I dropped the mag, it was so far out, it would get pulled out of the mag by the feed ramp. I'd have to think a little bit how a round can get pulled forward, mechanically, with the slide going forward chambering the round above it. Definitely a weird thing...

Back