testtest

Hellcat OSP Optic choices

I have this one on the way

I have Muddy River's IWB Leather, also. It is, indeed , very comfortable. Mine is for the subcompact XD, so it is just a tad big for the HellCat, but because it is leather, not a problem.
Excellent customer service, too.

Appendix or 3-4 o'clock?

This is my 4 o'clock. The claw works for me. I'm searching for a hellcat OSP for appendix.

Does that claw really help your print? Seems the reviews are 50/50 on the claw feature. And it doesn't mention adjustable cant. If it is adjustable, how many degrees? I like mine at nearly a 20 degree cant in 4 o'clock.

Does that claw really help your print? Seems the reviews are 50/50 on the claw feature. And it doesn't mention adjustable cant. If it is adjustable, how many degrees? I like mine at nearly a 20 degree cant in 4 o'clock.
For me the claw really helps tuck the grip against my body and reduces printing. I use belt loops because there have been more times then I care to have happen when the belt clip slips over the belt and suddenly things are hitting the floor. Not cool when your lacing up your sons skates at the local YMCA ice rink. Usually it happened to me when I'm doing a lot of up and down squatting to pick up stuff and I'm wearing a heavy long coat. Together with the motion, my thigh is pushing up and out while the coat is catching the belt clip from the outside. I have zero tolerance that risk so I do belt loops and the cant isn't as pronounced with loops because there's a little more slop.

But ya, for me the claw works. I especially like it with shorts and a polo shirt because it hides real nice.

Last edited:
For me the claw really helps tuck the grip against my body and reduces printing. I use belt loops because there have been more times then I care to have happen when the belt clip slips over the belt and suddenly things are hitting the floor. Not cool when your lacing up your sons skates at the local YMCA ice rink. Usually it happened to me when I'm doing a lot of up and down squatting to pick up stuff and I'm wearing a heavy long coat. Together with the motion, my thigh is pushing up and out while the coat is catching the belt clip from the outside. I have zero tolerance that risk so I do belt loops and the cant isn't as pronounced with loops because there's a little more slop.

But ya, for me the claw works. I especially like it with shorts and a polo shirt because it hides real nice.
Since my last post I been lookin real hard at the Muddy River Kydex IWB. Even contacted the owner about their "Fabriclip", who surprisingly replied to my email within 5 min. Anyway, they also offer the claw feature with their holster. On their site they only recommend it for 4" barrels and above as the grips on micro-compacts (like the Hellcat) are small enough already.

Thanks for your info about belt loops. I too have had "incidents". Having your Ruger clack on the floor while trying to fish out that last pack of applesauce (for my son) on the bottom shelf at Giant: definitely not an event I'd want to risk repeating. Though, that was because of the cheap poly pouch holster I was using at the time and not the holster clip. However, I don't like the possibility of slop either... Why can't someone just make pants/shorts with holsters built in? :ROFLMAO:

I don't like the possibility of slop either... Why can't someone just make pants/shorts with holsters built in? :ROFLMAO:

The slop pertaining to belt loops doesn't mean the holster moves around on your waistline. It's being compressed by the belt or should be. But the slop I'm talking about means the cant might not be as positional as you like.

The slop pertaining to belt loops doesn't mean the holster moves around on your waistline. It's being compressed by the belt or should be. But the slop I'm talking about means the cant might not be as positional as you like.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Also, I misspoke previously. I carry 4'o clock (4:30) at a 15-17 degree cant, Idk why I said 20.

Swampfox Sentinel shipping label created! Now need to learn how to install and decide on a holster. Will post pics of everything when they come.

Exarchy And tactical justice make some that Have the claw and accommodate a light and red dot, I am waiting for my tactical justice holster , I ordered for a red dot and the olight Valkyrie mini 2, though now I’m getting the Baldr which is the mini 2 with a laser, I hear its a little taller so now I’m thinking I might have to heat or sand my holster for it . Time will tell

Thanks Kdavis23. Great pictures. My 407K is still estimated to be a month away. But that beats a 5 month backlog at Optics Planet for new orders. Glad to see the K series sits low enough for a perfect co-witness with stock sights.

Rep at Holosun says they are shipping new inventory out every week, but their order backlog is huge.

I ordered my Swampfox Sentinel on Aug 8th (Saturday) and it is expected for delivery tomorrow Aug 13 (Thursday).

Just placed order on Muddy River for Kydex IWB w/ Optic cut. Their July 15% coupon code still works for anyone who is interested.

Sentinel is very each to install on Hellcat. No mods needed except the hood don't fit all the way down. I may trim mine
Newb here (in case anyone forgot), but what tools should I prepare for the arrival of my Sentinel? Also, if you do trim yours please post pics. Actually, I would also be interested in pics of the hood issue if you have them...

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.16.30 PM.png
Thanks Kdavis. I did Check Gunborker per your suggestion. Numerous 507K's for sale.. No 407K's. I will keep looking.

In the meantime, Sage Dynamics is doing a long term test on the 507K. Check out his website..
https://www.sagedynamics.org. Lots of valuable info there,

He is an unapologetic Trijicon RDS supporter as THE VERY BEST RDS to carry, bar none, and believes every defensive pistol should haver a weapons light, even sub compacts. HIs #1 choice is currently the Holosun 507k as the go-to optic for sub compact carry guns. Until Trijicon announces an optic for sub compacts, Holosun is the best of breed in that narrow market.
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.00.44 PM.png

Appendix or 3-4 o'clock?

This is my 4 o'clock. The claw works for me. I'm searching for a hellcat OSP for appendix.

this is The Oath from Tulster, if you use Hegshot87's code HEG87 you get 15% off. i love Tulster holsters, this one rides a tad high for me as I'm deep conceal, but still love it. if you like a quick draw this ones the perfect height. https://tulster.com/inside-the-waistband/oath/
1597278727674.png

View attachment 8876Thanks Kdavis. I did Check Gunborker per your suggestion. Numerous 507K's for sale.. No 407K's. I will keep looking.

In the meantime, Sage Dynamics is doing a long term test on the 507K. Check out his website..

He is an unapologetic Trijicon RDS supporter as THE VERY BEST RDS to carry, bar none, and believes every defensive pistol should haver a weapons light, even sub compacts. HIs #1 choice is currently the Holosun 507k as the go-to optic for sub compact carry guns. Until Trijicon announces an optic for sub compacts, Holosun is the best of breed in that narrow market.
View attachment 8875

I will check it out. I run a 507c green dot on my Glock. Optics are like guns, everyone has a preference. I have shot Trijicon, Leupold, Burris and went with holosun 1. The viewing window is bigger. 2. Don’t have to uninstall it to change the battery. 3. Customer service. A screw came out on the 507c, which was entirely my fault. I emailed holosun, heard back from them immediately, all they asked was for a picture of the missing screw and serial number and shipped me two sets of replacement screws free of charge.
I emailed them about the modifications needed for the 507k and the emailed me back again immediately with a diagram, and written directions.
I will definitely check out the review.

View attachment 8876Thanks Kdavis. I did Check Gunborker per your suggestion. Numerous 507K's for sale.. No 407K's. I will keep looking.

View attachment 8875
Did he try out any Swampfox sights?

BobaFat, I did not see a review by Aaron of any Swamp Fox optics on the Sage Dynamics site.
FYI, the Swamp Fox Sentinel looks like an interesting option for the Hellcat. But it is in short supply everywhere since the Armory Life article on it. Swamp Fox is saying next delivers will go out September 17. Optics Planet "estimates" my backorder will be filled before then. I have a backup order with Midway. I will cancel the order that ends up shipping last.
A $100 premium is being asked on GunBroker.com and EBay for Holosun 507k & 407k sights that have already been delivered to scalpers. The Holosun 407K is less expensive if you are willing to endure a long delivery delay. The Swamp Fox is currently less expensive if you want a delivery in late September.
Do you have any first hand experience with Swamp Fox optics? I do not.

Back