testtest

Hellcat OSP Optic choices

The Romeo Zero and Holosun 407K and 507K have this as well. So basically, all of them. ;)
I just purchased a Hellcat OSP and looking for an optic that will co witness. I own a shield with vortex venom mounted on rear sight slot. Love it but does sit high, and so the Hellcat. Shield prices are out sight. looking for info.

I had two of the early plastic bodied Shield SMS (JP branded) sights and they both failed. The Shield SMSc is the one SA seems to be selling through the online SA store. The Holosun is not in widespread release yet, they are thinking April before its in most stores. The Sig Romeo Zero is an option, and while I don't like it as much as a metal bodied sight, for about half the price I would take it over a Shield SMSc polymer body. I would personally go with the Romeo 0 if you have to have one now, or wait until the Holosun is out. The Holosun is the same internals as the excellent 407/507 series, but in a smaller footprint so there should not be much in the way of teething issues even though its a "new" optic.

Thank You so much for optics info, hard to get reliable info, would like to know before plunking down 300 bucks.I have a venom on a S&W shield, mounted on rear sight slot with a outermarker plate. It works very well for me with tight groups, but eliminates rear sight. Bought the Hellcat hoping for a red dot plus use of iron if needed. Im 85 and irons give me that focus problem although I can still shoot ok with them. Wonder if Holosun will allow co witness. Also I would like a bolt on without modification. Thanks again and I will monitor this forum for further info before purchasing a unit.
I had two of the early plastic bodied Shield SMS (JP branded) sights and they both failed. The Shield SMSc is the one SA seems to be selling through the online SA store. The Holosun is not in widespread release yet, they are thinking April before its in most stores. The Sig Romeo Zero is an option, and while I don't like it as much as a metal bodied sight, for about half the price I would take it over a Shield SMSc polymer body. I would personally go with the Romeo 0 if you have to have one now, or wait until the Holosun is out. The Holosun is the same internals as the excellent 407/507 series, but in a smaller footprint so there should not be much in the way of teething issues even though its a "new" optic.

I did end up pulling the trigger (pun intended) on the RomeoZero. Optics planet had it on a discounted, deep sale, and for the price, I figured I would give it shot (pun intended). I'll post another update with mounting procedure, fit and finish as well as functionality.
Have you had a chance to mount the Romeo on the HC yet? Were you able to use the screws that came with the site, or did you have to get shorter ones?

2EAF6563-ACC4-43DC-8CD0-22B0F6E25038.jpeg

The Sig Romeo zero fit very nice. The screws that came with it are about .035 to long though.

Start watching from 3:50. Says Holosuns require milling of the Hellcat slide.

I watched the video earlier today, really liked the Holosun 407K until it mentioned the additional machining needed for the Hellcat. I’m going to hold out for a little while to see what shakes out in this new year. Hellcat is to popular to be limited like that, although I cant wait to long, I’m kinda old.

I watched the video earlier today, really liked the Holosun 407K until it mentioned the additional machining needed for the Hellcat. I’m going to hold out for a little while to see what shakes out in this new year. Hellcat is to popular to be limited like that, although I cant wait to long, I’m kinda old.
Me too. I wish Trijicon would make an optic for OSP. They'd sell a ton.

There will be a new optic option in March or April for under $100. My friend at ADE Advanced Optics (Tony Liu) sent me drawings and plans for a new red dot that will have the Shield RSMc footprint. Below are the drawings (pics) he sent. You can find ADE Advanced Optics at eBay and Amazon as well as ordering directly. ADE is an American company in Oregon and I own several of their optics. These optics quality is comparable to Vortex and Buris but what really sets them apart is outstanding customer service. They have always stood behind their products. I'm just a customer who was looking for a quality red dot reflex sight at a reasonable price when I discovered ADE and 3 years later I still use their products. I won't tell you these are service level quality and durability optics so if you are a LEO they may not be the right choice for a service sidearm but 90% of enthusiast will be more than pleased with them.
Screenshot_2020-02-20-09-19-48-1.png

I'll second the endorsement for ADE products from brutalwarpig, I've got one of their sights on my Buckmark and been very pleased with it.

There will be a new optic option in March or April for under $100. My friend at ADE Advanced Optics (Tony Liu) sent me drawings and plans for a new red dot that will have the Shield RSMc footprint. Below are the drawings (pics) he sent. You can find ADE Advanced Optics at eBay and Amazon as well as ordering directly. ADE is an American company in Oregon and I own several of their optics. These optics quality is comparable to Vortex and Buris but what really sets them apart is outstanding customer service. They have always stood behind their products. I'm just a customer who was looking for a quality red dot reflex sight at a reasonable price when I discovered ADE and 3 years later I still use their products. I won't tell you these are service level quality and durability optics so if you are a LEO they may not be the right choice for a service sidearm but 90% of enthusiast will be more than pleased with them.View attachment 2265

Just had the Sig Romeo Zero installed on my Hellcat OSP this weekend. The only snafu is the M4 screws supplied with the Romeo Zero are too long. They must be shortened to allow for tightening. Pay attention to the length of the screw so they don't protude too far below the slide so as not to interfere with any of the internals. My gunsmith installed for $25. Works great! Plus the Romeo Zero is less than half the price of a Shield RMSC.

Back