testtest

Hellcat OSP Optic choices

Hellcat OSP was designed to use Shield RMSc or JP JPoint RDS. I don't know of any other sights that will fit without modifications to the slide. Both of these sights are made to co-witness stock sights. I don't have the Hellcat yet but its on my list. I currently have three Glock MOS pistols with RDS. You can't beat RDS for tired old eyes.

The Sig Romeo Zero will mount in the Hellcat, but it is so new to market there are no real reports on it yet. Of course most of the reviews I have heard of the Shield sights are horrible, so its difficult to imagine the Zero being worse. If it performs as expected, it is cheaper (160-200) with better battery life and built in rear "iron" sights compared the SMSc sights. Time will tell and Sig is not known for getting a product right out of the gate, to say the least, but it is the only other option as of now.

I have been trying to decide on which optic to go with. I use a SIG Romeo 5 on my Saint, love it. It works great. I have ZERO experience with any shield product. Right now on optics planet, the Romeo ZERO Red Dot is 199.99, the shield is about 499.00. There is just not a lot of comparisons out there for these products. I also have not been able to find a list of compatible red dots for the HC.

Looking for both the Shield and the JPoint red dots. Haven't found any sellers that have either. What I have heard is that the Shield is about $425 and the JPoint about $280. Just can't find one. Any one aware of any comparisons in the two?

You can compare them on Optics Planet. I just looked at the JP. It has a 65 MOA Circle, with a 1 MOA dot in the center. Thats a deal breaker for me. If it was just a 1 MOA dot, I would buy right now. The Romeo Zero has a 3MOA Dot, the Shield has a 4MOA, do not want to go any bigger than 4, just my preference.

Keep in mind that the full size Shield sight, the SMS and RMS, as well as the Jpoint (they are all the made by the same company out of the UK), are bigger than the Compact (SMSc, RMSc) versions made for the shield and the 365. They are also fragile and kinda suck for the price, which is why its so hard to find reviews or use reports for them. The price is right up there with a Trijicon RMR or Delta Point Pro and until recently there was not a high demand for light, low, small window red dot sights. I expect at Shot show there will be more options released for these two guns, since they are the hot spot of the market at the moment.

Hellcat OSP was designed to use Shield RMSc or JP JPoint RDS. I don't know of any other sights that will fit without modifications to the slide. Both of these sights are made to co-witness stock sights. I don't have the Hellcat yet but its on my list. I currently have three Glock MOS pistols with RDS. You can't beat RDS for tired old eyes.
Agreed. I own the Glock G40 MOS with a Trijicon RMR attached. It helps me pick up the target quicker. I'm thinking of getting their SRO model as it has a larger viewing area, which my aging eyes would find beneficial.

Keep in mind that the full size Shield sight, the SMS and RMS, as well as the Jpoint (they are all the made by the same company out of the UK), are bigger than the Compact (SMSc, RMSc) versions made for the shield and the 365. They are also fragile and kinda suck for the price, which is why its so hard to find reviews or use reports for them. The price is right up there with a Trijicon RMR or Delta Point Pro and until recently there was not a high demand for light, low, small window red dot sights. I expect at Shot show there will be more options released for these two guns, since they are the hot spot of the market at the moment.
100% agree with this comment. It's why I have not pulled the trigger (pun intended) on anything just yet. The fact that the 3 legitimate options for this little pistol are so fragile for the offered price gives me pause for concern. I love the irons on this badboy, so I am content to wait to see what the first half of 2020 brings. I do however like discussing all this stuff with like minded people on this forum so far, which is what prompted me to dive in.

My eyes are getting tired too. Question, are you able to focus the red dot similar to a rifle scope to increase clarity?

Agreed. I own the Glock G40 MOS with a Trijicon RMR attached. It helps me pick up the target quicker. I'm thinking of getting their SRO model as it has a larger viewing area, which my aging eyes would find beneficial.
If your looking for a RDS with a larger screen I highly recommend Leupold DeltaPoint Pro. It's a great RSD. I have two, one is mounted on a G17 MOS and the other on a G35 MOS.

Back