testtest

Hellcat primer drag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gen3 Glock 26 does this drag quite often, I wouldn’t worry to much about it, I have seen this mark on several small semi-autos.

The one thing that will break fairly easily by dry firing without a snapcap is the roll pin that captures the firing pin.
Ask me how I know? I replaced my roll pin in my XD-m .45acp with a much stronger roll pin. Instead of just one single roll it has been rolled into itself so it has 3 turns to complete the pin.
Best 6$ ever spent for 2 roll pins

1618358125511.png

1618358146792.png

Meme so funny that I forgot to laugh.

To conclude, I leave here, again, my Sig P365 perfectly punched striker marks VS the Hellcat one. To prove that NOT all compacts drag. If manufacturer cares about that.

Sig P356:
20210410_123303-jpg.16589

SA Helcat:
20210407_115708-3-jpg.16669

i took my hellcat to the range today.

this is the best my lousy camera can do, but i can assure everyone, there is some firing pin drag here too.

DSCN1017.JPG

the striker fulfills it’s life expectancy
That's the unknown part. For EDC, reliability is paramount. For range shooting... meah, not so much.

Anywhoo, based on a explanation that @xdman provided on another thread, I saw that the XD or XD-M have a small rebound spring at the base of the striker channel. I thought that's a great idea, and wonder why is that not applied on the Hellcat too?
And, because Hellcat doesn't have that spring... I am wondering what is actually retracting the firing pin, behind breech face, after firing?

The bullet has left the barrel before the firing pin has a chance to drag on the expended primer.
What is this supposed to mean? I don't care about the bullet... I do care about the firing pin.
Or you feel like I photoshopped those pictures, it didn't happen?

I cleaned the striker assembly and it's hole, it was a bit oily from factory and I never took it out (the manual certainly doesn't say anything about that).
I'll test it again today.

Non issue
With such a detailed explanation, I feel relieved.
Really? Do you feel like that two words are adding anything to the discussion?

What is this supposed to mean? I don't care about the bullet... I do care about the firing pin.

Your previously comment.

For EDC, reliability is paramount.

Hellcats have been fired for thousands of rounds with no firing pin reliability issues because of this miniscue cosmetic issue.

Perhaps you should move to a different platform based on your concerns.

Hellcats have been fired for thousands of rounds with no firing pin reliability issues because of this miniscue cosmetic issue
How would I know? I didn't see THAT gun primers.
In your opinion, if ONE car drives 100k miles without issues, then ALL cars should be the same? No need for any warranty either?
Or your statement means that if I managed to shoot that first bullet, I should be fine?

Ans yes, for now I EDC the Sig 365.
I still want to be able to use a gun that I paid for. Is that wrong?

For clarity, the failure of Sig P365 strikers in early versions had to do with metallurgy issues in the strikers, and had nothing to do with the "drag marks" on the primer. Assumptions were made that the "primer drag" was breaking the strikers. As I understand it, and as observed myself, many sub compact pistols exhibit this mark pattern due to load power, speed, geometry, and force with which the subcompact pistol cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back