testtest

Hellcat Pro Optic help/suggestions

I can't find anything confirming the Army will purchase the Deltapoint Pro. I found the US Marshals Service is purchasing Deltapoint Pro's. I remember now, I am confusing what I read about the Development of the M-17/M-18. The Army directed Sig to machine the slide's Optics Mount for the Deltapoint Pro's mount pattern. Which indicates the Army has decided on the Deltapoint Pro, if they ever do start equipping pistols with RDS. Or a RDS using the Deltapoint Pro mount pattern, but there are very few other than Leupold that do. Sig's latest RDS, the Romeo One Pro uses the Leupold mount Pattern, and looks so close to the Deltapoint Pro, you've got to wonder if Sig is having Leupold making the sight for them based off the Deltapoint Pro design. Only difference I can see in the Leupold and the Sig, is the Sig doesn't have a mount for a rear sight, but instead has a Notch cut into the base that looks like it could serve as a rear sight.

I think the Deltapoint Pro is more geared for range and competition use, and the RMR is more for duty and EDC use. For competition, I'd prefer the bigger Deltapoint Pro, but I go with RMRs preferably or Holosuns for carry.
DPP is totally a battle optic.

DPP is totally a battle optic.
Going off all the guys on YT and on ARFCom who own both and use both. I recall when I was doing extensive 1st hand information searching which on the difference between the two and which one to buy, seems that for pistols, the consensus was that the RMR was better for carry and the DPP was better for competition. Not that it isn't capable or strong enough to be used on a pistol. Just that with the bigger window and a couple of other reason I can not recall, it was the better aka ideal choice for competition, and because the RMR was tougher and more compact, it was more ideal for carry.

I have no experience with the DPP, so I am just going off what I heard others say. @RickAnderson saying "the Deltapoint Pro is too big" kinda coincides with what I heard others say in the past about using them as a pistol optic.

Going off all the guys on YT and on ARFCom who own both and use both. I recall when I was doing extensive 1st hand information searching which on the difference between the two and which one to buy, seems that for pistols, the consensus was that the RMR was better for carry and the DPP was better for competition. Not that it isn't capable or strong enough to be used on a pistol. Just that with the bigger window and a couple of other reason I can not recall, it was the better aka ideal choice for competition, and because the RMR was tougher and more compact, it was more ideal for carry.

I have no experience with the DPP, so I am just going off what I heard others say. @RickAnderson saying "the Deltapoint Pro is too big" kinda coincides with what I heard others say in the past about using them as a pistol optic.
Yea, I would only add the DPP is rugged battle sight like the RMR. The DPP being much larger than the RMR, I can see how folks lean toward the RMR for carry. The bigger window of the DPP, I can see competition folks leaning toward it cause it might help in faster target/dot acquisition.

I did mention, its large enough to interfere with holsters and drawing the pistol. Well all RDS run that risk, but obviously the larger RDS, the greater the chances it will create problems with holsters, drawing and catching on things while handling.

As well, the DPP is too big to have co-witness with iron sights for most pistols, if not all pistols. You would have to go through a lot of hassle to improvise some sights that likely would not be so accurate. So again DPP no Co-Witness, not such a big deal for competition. RMR, that most optics ready pistols will have sights tall enough to co-witness without modification, I can see being preferred for Carry, where you'd want the back-up of co-witness sights in case the battery's go dead or the Sight Fails in some way.

Back