testtest

Hellcat Pro take down leaver from hell

Check the Owners Manual, I don't know on Hellcat, but on my Sig P320 M18, there are cleaning safety provisions designed to keep you from setting off a round in the chamber while taking it down for cleaning. So on my Sig P320 M18, if the magazine is in, or the slide is not locked back with the slide stop lever, the takedown lever is blocked and you can't move it. Reassembly, don't lock the slide back before throwing the takedown lever, the trigger will be disabled until you lock the slide back.

So it could be something like that, some safety feature for cleaning, requires a certain condition before the takedown lever will move.

Check the Owners Manual, I don't know on Hellcat, but on my Sig P320 M18, there are cleaning safety provisions designed to keep you from setting off a round in the chamber while taking it down for cleaning. So on my Sig P320 M18, if the magazine is in, or the slide is not locked back with the slide stop lever, the takedown lever is blocked and you can't move it. Reassembly, don't lock the slide back before throwing the takedown lever, the trigger will be disabled until you lock the slide back.

So it could be something like that, some safety feature for cleaning, requires a certain condition before the takedown lever will move.
Well, I'd like to claim it was a defect of some kind, unfortunately, It was a MENTAL DEFECT on my part. It's one of those deal, if you JUST READ the manual, one can find all kinds of helpful information there. But, hey, I know EVERYTHING there is to know about guns, so no manual needed for me. However, to satisfy those know it all's out there, I went to the manual, and Low and behold, I found that it you simply pushed the take down lever in the proper position (which is 180 degrees from the way I was trying to push it). Dang smarty pants at Springfield. They did that just to embarrass me, LOL.
When one is a "know it all" dumb azz, it is cathartic to admit that maybe, just maybe, I don't know it all from time to time. And thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I appreciate it.

We’ve all been there.

Attachments

• 7BDD2DB3-650C-4837-99CF-BCDFA7B55607.gif
    7BDD2DB3-650C-4837-99CF-BCDFA7B55607.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
My Ruger 22/45 I had to tap apart with plastic faced hammers to field strip it when I first got it, after shooting it loosened up to be much easier and not require tapping from hammers. But the Ruger 22/45 is a weird design, even more than most .22LR pistols. It still gets difficult to get apart if I hadn't shot it in a while.

In this case the OP didn't realize the lever turns a different direction, we've all done that, if not with a firearm, something else.

My first car with a body computer, I had a warning chime go off and I couldn't figure out for what, had it to the dealership several times, they replaced door switches, etc..... ....after digging through the Owners Manual did I find that the general warning chime would go off if I had left the blinker on 30 seconds or more, to warn you that you left your blinker on.... ...then I thought back, every incidence of that chime going off was when I was on a long freeway ramp turn to get off the freeway and would have the turn signal on for more than 30 seconds until I rolled out of that very long turn.... ....it had been working exactly like it should have, I just didn't know how it worked....

Last edited:
Have you ever purchased a nightstand or dresser from IKEA ?
Without the manual you would never complete the project. Whenever I purchase a new firearm I read the manual first then check YouTube for videos( I'm a visual student) for information. I keep that manual in my range bag for reference all the time. There is usually a question from a fellow shooter about the particular ammo it eats etc.etc. Life lesson learned. READ THE MANUAL.

Back