testtest

Hellcat RDP Review: Rapid Response 9mm

Thanks for good review video and posting Mike and Paul,
Sounds like very nice package with threaded barrel, unique comp, improved trigger, OSP (Looks well designed,) and optional ambi safety. Pretty cool set up! No doubt good deal too!
One question though, is an optional extended standoff available for setup?

Thanks for good review video and posting Mike and Paul,
Sounds like very nice package with threaded barrel, unique comp, improved trigger, OSP (Looks well designed,) and optional ambi safety. Pretty cool set up! No doubt good deal too!
One question though, is an optional extended standoff available for setup?
Glad you like it! Paul did a great job on the piece, and it is a really cool set-up. I have been told there is currently no offering of the barrel/comp for sale separately.

Is the Gen 2 trigger from the RDP going to be available as a retrofit to Gen 1 Hellcats? is it even compatible with Gen 1 Hellcats? Does it address the side pressure lockup issue encountered when some Gen 1 triggers are not pulled straight back?
Note; There are YouTube videos out addressing Hellcat trigger issue involving small gunsmithing file. Worked well with at least one in real life know of. If handy with tools and have proper tool, remedy helps. 5 minute fix. If not, visit good gunshop.

Any chance the earlier Hellcat can be retrofitted with either or both the Gen2 trigger and the mechanical safety? I didn't see it covered in the video. I note 'SkyMarshall' has already asked about the trigger, but I haven't seen anything relative to the manual safety. Thanks.
Good question on interchangeability, but not seeing much in line of retrofitting actual gun with parts for now. At least from Springfield Armory.

One is, gun is relatively brand new to many people, not much, including all information, is available as of yet.
Older Hellcat was obviously used for new platform, but? After all said and done with thoughts of upgrade or renovating costs, maybe better off with just finding new model Hellcat? Maybe simpler than that, but who knows, new Hellcat was just barely released?

Also, SA doesn't generally sell actual gun parts to the general public as of now, but that may change in future?
Who knows, SA may also open up for inshop off warranty repairs, renovations, upgrades, ect?

The newer model Hellcat was a great surprise, so Springfield Armory may possibly surprise us more in future?

Good question on interchangeability, but not seeing much in line of retrofitting actual gun with parts for now. At least from Springfield Armory.

One is, gun is relatively brand new to many people, not much, including all information, is available as of yet.
Older Hellcat was obviously used for new platform, but? After all said and done with thoughts of upgrade or renovating costs, maybe better off with just finding new model Hellcat? Maybe simpler than that, but who knows, new Hellcat was just barely released?

Also, SA doesn't generally sell actual gun parts to the general public as of now, but that may change in future?
Who knows, SA may also open up for inshop off warranty repairs, renovations, upgrades, ect?

The newer model Hellcat was a great surprise, so Springfield Armory may possibly surprise us more in future?
Yeh, my question was more in line of SA doing the retrofitting if it's possible rather than selling parts to the public. And in all honesty, I'm not in a necessarily critical need for any upgrades. I just like the idea of a mechanical safety even though it's not a deal breaker. I originally bought the gun as it is without any manual safety and feel totally secure with it the way it is, just saw a potential for something just a little better ..... maybe.

As for the trigger, again certainly not a necessity, just an opportunity for a potential upgrade. With the widespread popularity of the Hellcat from the 'Git-Go', it seems reasonable to assume SA might have taken that into account and designed these upgrades into the original. As intriguing as both these upgrades seem, I don't think they would justify buying an additional gun so similar to the one I have.

Yeh, my question was more in line of SA doing the retrofitting if it's possible rather than selling parts to the public. And in all honesty, I'm not in a necessarily critical need for any upgrades. I just like the idea of a mechanical safety even though it's not a deal breaker. I originally bought the gun as it is without any manual safety and feel totally secure with it the way it is, just saw a potential for something just a little better ..... maybe.

As for the trigger, again certainly not a necessity, just an opportunity for a potential upgrade. With the widespread popularity of the Hellcat from the 'Git-Go', it seems reasonable to assume SA might have taken that into account and designed these upgrades into the original. As intriguing as both these upgrades seem, I don't think they would justify buying an additional gun so similar to the one I have.
I do agree!
Like mine pretty much as is too.
Can almost be multipurpose Swiss Army knife though?
Nice size as is for CC. Pro's / con's? Good / not good?
Threaded barrel adds 1" length.
Understand on safety's too. :)

Last edited:
Will the Vaultek LifePod that's shown on the new Hellcat image background be sold to the public? I want one bad! Thanks!
Vaultek-Springfield-Hellcat.png

Just looking at the photos, I don't see how the manual safety would be offered as an update to existing Hellcats - the polymer frame is different, you can see how it is notched for the safety tab. I would assume (but we all know what happens when you do that...) there are also attach-points and pivots molded into the polymer.

The trigger...possibly? Depends if they changed pivot points to get the new geometry, or if they only changed the moving trigger itself. Since the same Gen2 trigger is on both the manual-safe and non-manual-safe pieces, I can't see how the manual-safety polymer would be 'redesigned' to take the new trigger, but the "old" non-manual-safe polymer wouldn't. But again, when you assume...

Back