testtest

Hellcat sights?

Peglegjoe

Professional
Founding Member
I have to check...but is the dovetail on a Hellcat the same as an XD-s? Or does it match any other Springfield gun? I loveloveLOVE the front sight on my Hellcat, but the U-shaped rear...I want something low-light-visible. The front is tritium, I want a tritium rear to go with it. Has anyone fitted their Hellcat with something from TruGlo or similar?

I'd like to change it out sooner rather than later - still breaking the gun in, and I would rather get used to the sights that will be on it for good, instead of the U that I'm going to take off anyway. I ran a couple mags through it today in the yard and had a very nice 1.5" grouping at 7 yards...but it was at 11 o'clock to the bullseye. Either the sights are off, or I'm off...or I'm pushing.

Don't get me wrong, I like the U. It's easy to acquire in daylight...I just wish it had tritium in it so I could use it in low-light as well.

The regular hellcat has the same dovetail as all XD’s have had for the last 20 years. The OSP version only the front is the same the rear is different. And yes if you look at my Facebook @therealxdman we have put, Truglo/Trijicon/memprolights on Hellcats for customers

Awesome, thanks for the info! I have a non-OSP version.

Have you done any rear-only swaps? Any brand or orientation that works better for point-of-aim than another? Any brands you particularly like for their brighthess?

I appreciate all the info, thanks. (And, I don't do Facebook...hence all the questions here...)

Awesome, thanks for the info! I have a non-OSP version.

Have you done any rear-only swaps? Any brand or orientation that works better for point-of-aim than another? Any brands you particularly like for their brighthess?

I appreciate all the info, thanks. (And, I don't do Facebook...hence all the questions here...)

Not just a rear swap, but I have done a bunch of front swaps were they kept the rears.

you can’t really go wrong with the Truglo TFX or Trijicon HD

Thanks. I have TFX on my XD-s...but somehow, the front sight on the Hellcat is a LOT brighter. But, anything is better than non-tritium, I suppose...

My concern is dot height on the rears, as far as elevation of hits goes. Are all dots a "standard" distance from the top of the slide, or is there variation from brand to brand?

I guess I'll order a set and find out. Worst case if my elevation is off...I can swap to the full set of TFX. But I hate to give up that uber-bright factory front sight!

Well, I've been "meh" satisfied with the TruGlo's on my XD-s (they work, but not - in my mind - impressive brightness)...so I ordered some Trijicon SP01 Bright-n-tough sights for the Hellcat. We'll see how they are for brightness.

I didn't see ANYthing "for Hellcat". Per XDman's advice above, I just looked at stuff that fits the XD/XD-s series since they share a dovetail size.

I don’t own a Hellcat and was curious if Ameriglo offered anything. I like what they offer in sights.

It looks like if you get XD or XD-s sights from Ameriglo, and have a non-OSP Hellcat, they should work.

Back