testtest

Hellcat Size

LastStarfighter

Operator
Founding Member
I have seen quite a few people online asking about the size of the Hellcat vs. their current carry...ehem Taurus G2c and Glock 43x owners... So here is a quick way to compare. https://www.handgunhero.com/

I have held a G2c and a Glock 43x and let me tell you the only gun actually comparable to this micro compact is the p365. There is a difference between a subcompact and a micro compact.

tenor.gif

Picked one up for the first time just a couple of days ago and really like it. Now I just wish there was a range around here that had one for rent. Picked up a P365 and never fired it before I sold it so I'd like to try the hellcat before I buy. But I think it will replace my Glocks for EDC. The 43 is nice for size but I normally carry the 19 for the cap. Seems like the hellcat could replace both. Never shot anything with an RMR but really would like to try one out.

I have seen quite a few people online asking about the size of the Hellcat vs. their current carry...ehem Taurus G2c and Glock 43x owners... So here is a quick way to compare. https://www.handgunhero.com/

I have held a G2c and a Glock 43x and let me tell you the only gun actually comparable to this micro compact is the p365. There is a difference between a subcompact and a micro compact.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif
The Hellcat is much smaller than other pistols I own but it fits my hands well. I was concerned at first because of the short barrel length, but after modifying my grip a little it is extremely accurate and fun to shoot. The Hellcat is an awesome gun.

The Hellcat is much smaller than other pistols I own but it fits my hands well. I was concerned at first because of the short barrel length, but after modifying my grip a little it is extremely accurate and fun to shoot. The Hellcat is an awesome gun.
The biggest comparisons on you tube are the P365 vs. Hellcat. I am waiting for the funds to purchase along with a decent red dot. Hopefully next month. ☺

Own both the Hellcat OSP and the Sig Sauer P365. Both are fantastic guns. He's right that the only comparable in size to the Hellcat right now, is the P365. I dearly love my P365 but I feel the U Dot sights on the Hellcat help me in target acquisition and shoot a tighter grouping to the Sig. I'm going to put a red dot sight on the Hellcat and believe it will be my EDC.

I did a small comparison at the range a couple months ago. Glock 43, Sig P365, Hellcat and Glock 43X. The Sig feels smaller in the hand than the others. The 43X is the easiest to shoot well do the longer grip. The 43 definitely has the most recoil. The Hellcat feels really good with the 13 round mag and I love the sights. I've carried all of these pistols now and the Sig is easiest for IWB because it's a tad thinner than the others. In my opinion the Sig is my overall favorite but not by much and you know the saying about opinions. They are all really good for CCW and all have been reliable at the range. I would trust my life with any of them.

The hellcat and P365 are almost identical in size. I bought a P365 for my wife about 18 months ago, have put over 1000 rounds through it & like it a lot.

I've carried a Glock 30 for 19 years and wanted something smaller/lighter as well. I was thinking about a P365 for myself, the the P365 XL came out & then the Hellcat.

At first I was only able to handle a P365 XL and did like it a bit better -for me- than the P365, and absolute smallest wasn't a criteria for me. Eventually I was able to handle a Hellcat.

Very impressive pistol but it does feel a bit different than the 365's do. For me, I liked the 365/365 XL feel a bit better than the Hellcat, so i bought a P365 XL.

It wasn't a huge issue by any means & I'm sure I'd be perfectly fine to own & carry a Hellcat. I just suggest people handle them if possible before locking in one one or another, you just never know which one might come out on top for you vs someone else.

The biggest comparisons on you tube are the P365 vs. Hellcat. I am waiting for the funds to purchase along with a decent red dot. Hopefully next month. ☺
Were you able to get a red dot yet? I've been seeing a lot of really good reviews of the Shield ones, but man are they expensive!!

The hellcat and P365 are almost identical in size. I bought a P365 for my wife about 18 months ago, have put over 1000 rounds through it & like it a lot.

I've carried a Glock 30 for 19 years and wanted something smaller/lighter as well. I was thinking about a P365 for myself, the the P365 XL came out & then the Hellcat.

At first I was only able to handle a P365 XL and did like it a bit better -for me- than the P365, and absolute smallest wasn't a criteria for me. Eventually I was able to handle a Hellcat.

Very impressive pistol but it does feel a bit different than the 365's do. For me, I liked the 365/365 XL feel a bit better than the Hellcat, so i bought a P365 XL.

It wasn't a huge issue by any means & I'm sure I'd be perfectly fine to own & carry a Hellcat. I just suggest people handle them if possible before locking in one one or another, you just never know which one might come out on top for you vs someone else.

Exactly right Wayward Son! I rented a P365 before buying my Hellcat, strangely enough I had a little bit of trigger bite when shooting the P365.....

I have a trigger bite-ish issue on my 365 as well. The front portion of the trigger guard angles up and my finger just barely fits in there, since I have large hands. So the side of my finger is rubbing against the trigger guard on every shot. I still shoot it a bit better than my HeckKitten, but it is painful after more than a couple mags.

I have the P365 and it is a great gun. Very easy to shoot. From other people I have been told the trigger is slightly better than the Hellcat's. I use the 12 round mag all the time. It replaced my Kahr PM9 for occasional use and fits in all my old Kahr holsters nicely. They both are so light that I can clip a holster onto the waistband of sweats or shorts for a quick trip to the convenience store. However I still prefer a larger gun for EDC.

Have checked out the Hellcat, 365 & 43 and prefer the Hellcat. I guess if those three are considered micro, them my PM9 must be a sub-micro since its noticeably smaller.

And I can conceal the PM9 more than the Hellcat.

Back