testtest

Hellcat Threaded Barrel and Comp Kit

belladonna

Professional
So the question came up at supper last night, the mister asked what I would like for Christmas. Here I am thinking we took care of that this year by buying a couple of gun safes last weekend. I was reading the latest copy of The Armory, and they mentioned the threaded barrel and compensator kit for the Hellcat in not one, but two articles. They had an article dedicated to the installation of said kit. This got my mind racing, as I never really thought about that before. It would be a perfect addition to my Hellcat (she is still one of my faves, after all). So the search was on...and as usual I am a day late and a dollar short. There ain't one to be had ANYWHERE. Any place who I found that carried them were out of stock.

Anyway, I do know that this time of year was probably THE WORST time to find what appears to be a hot commodity. That's okay. I am a very patient soul (with a tiny impulse control problem when it comes to guns ;)), and I have no problem waiting. I just hope it wasn't a limited accessory thing and that SA will restock in the new year.

This being said, what are some of the websites you guys use to order firearm accessories? I may begin to dabble in beginner gun modification in the new year. Could be a little cheaper than buying new guns all the time, although now I've been eyeing a VP9 lately. :cool: Y'all are a bad influence on me..

So the question came up at supper last night, the mister asked what I would like for Christmas. Here I am thinking we took care of that this year by buying a couple of gun safes last weekend. I was reading the latest copy of The Armory, and they mentioned the threaded barrel and compensator kit for the Hellcat in not one, but two articles. They had an article dedicated to the installation of said kit. This got my mind racing, as I never really thought about that before. It would be a perfect addition to my Hellcat (she is still one of my faves, after all). So the search was on...and as usual I am a day late and a dollar short. There ain't one to be had ANYWHERE. Any place who I found that carried them were out of stock.

Anyway, I do know that this time of year was probably THE WORST time to find what appears to be a hot commodity. That's okay. I am a very patient soul (with a tiny impulse control problem when it comes to guns ;)), and I have no problem waiting. I just hope it wasn't a limited accessory thing and that SA will restock in the new year.

This being said, what are some of the websites you guys use to order firearm accessories? I may begin to dabble in beginner gun modification in the new year. Could be a little cheaper than buying new guns all the time, although now I've been eyeing a VP9 lately. :cool: Y'all are a bad influence on me..

Yeah we're almost ready to start a VP9 club here.

Yeah we're almost ready to start a VP9 club here.
1702745842484.jpeg

Wow…..who would post stuff like this….it’s blasphemy I tell you blasphemy….😳😳😳😳

if your hellcat is a carry gun, just make sure you can find a holster for it, before you shop for the compensator.

you don't wanna get stuck and not find that.

make sure the website is legit

Last edited:
if your hellcat is a carry gun, just make sure you can find a holster for it, before you shop for the compensator.

you don't wanna get stuck and not find that.

make sure the website is legit

Always! Thank you! 😊

Primary Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Osage County Guns, Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, Grab-A-Gun for guns and/or accessories.
For non AR mags I typically shop MagShack and GunMag Warehouse.

That's just to name a few.

Then you have Midway USA, Brownells, and last and for sure the least, Optics Planet if you don't mind waiting for everything for 10293023 years because it's always on back order even if it says in stock.

I've still got a case of PPU 9mm on back order from them that I placed on order in August of 2020 lol.

and last and for sure the least, Optics Planet if you don't mind waiting for everything for 10293023 years because it's always on back order even if it says in stock.

I've still got a case of PPU 9mm on back order from them that I placed on order in August of 2020 lol.
i have had this issue with Midsouth Shooters Supply.

good prices, but for gosh sakes, long wait times...almost as bad as when i was ordering from The GlockStore (during the scamdemic)

i have had this issue with Midsouth Shooters Supply.

good prices, but for gosh sakes, long wait times...almost as bad as when i was ordering from The GlockStore (during the scamdemic)
I've actually had good luck with Optics Planet. I've only used them a couple times though.

Primary Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Osage County Guns, Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, Grab-A-Gun for guns and/or accessories.
For non AR mags I typically shop MagShack and GunMag Warehouse.

That's just to name a few.

Then you have Midway USA, Brownells, and last and for sure the least, Optics Planet if you don't mind waiting for everything for 10293023 years because it's always on back order even if it says in stock.

I would add Target Sports USA, Top Gun Ammo, Natchez Shooting Supplies and sometimes even the dreaded Cheaper Than Dirt. I got a Wilson Combat Ranger upper $400 cheaper than everywhere else has them. Plus they have a pretty damn good rewards point system. I got a Walker Razor Slim for $18 and I still have at least $100 worth of points left. I got great deals on cleaning solvents and lubes too.

to this day, i have never ordered anything from them..not that i didn't want to, but price shopping and "back order" may have been factors. so i move on to another online store, like i do, as a matter of habit.
I don't recall exactly what I bought from them, but you can be sure whatever it was wasn't for sale anywhere else cheaper. Anywhere legit anyway.

As far as website for accessories Bella, there's a ton of them out there. A few I use of the top of my head are: Midway USA, Palmetto State Armory (PSA), Optics Planet, Omaha Outdoors, GunMagWarehouse, Joeboboutfitters, provenarms&outfitters, and many more I'm sure others will mention.

As far as website for accessories Bella, there's a ton of them out there. A few I use of the top of my head are: Midway USA, Palmetto State Armory (PSA), Optics Planet, Omaha Outdoors, GunMagWarehouse, Joeboboutfitters, provenarms&outfitters, and many more I'm sure others will mention.
Forgot all about Joe Bob's Outfitters. I bought several HS510Cs from them at a ridiculously discounted price. Like somewhere around $250/ea.

Thanks guys. I did try PSA and Natchez and they were out of stock. I’ll definitely do some searching around on the others you’ve suggested. I really don’t expect to find one right away, but it would be cool if I did. Thank you for the info!

Thanks guys. I did try PSA and Natchez and they were out of stock. I’ll definitely do some searching around on the others you’ve suggested. I really don’t expect to find one right away, but it would be cool if I did. Thank you for the info!
I looked around for you too and I can't find them anywhere. The one place I didn't look was Gunbroker.

On a random side note, My Primary Arms MicroPrism ACSS Green Dot came in today and WOW i'm blown away by the quality and how much it comes with for the price. I should have been buying their optics years ago.

Back