testtest

Hellcat

Flsailmaster22

Alpha
Founding Member
Seems to be a lot of excitement about this new CC Hellcat introduction. I’m very interested in reading more from actusl
Owners on their personal feelings on this gun. Good -Bad Indifferent!

I have shot a few mags through one that a friend got. He has the Optics version, but the optics were back ordered. The sights are very good for defensive use. Obviously not target sights, but they are easy to see, come up well with standard presentation. I have been a U notch fan for years thought. If you don't like the notch, you probably won't like these.

The gun feels good in the hand. I would probably still put Talon grips or skate tape on it. With all the hype about the grip texture I was expecting something more. The gun feels bigger in the hand than the 365 or Glock 43 and sits higher in the hand than I expected.

It was very accurate for such a small gun and was easy to shoot well. The recoil/jump is more noticeable than the 365, and it took a bit longer between shots as a result. Shooting it with defensive loads reminded me of shooting a small .40 like the Kahr, or a PPK with defensive loads. Not uncontrollable, but noticeably different/harsher than either of my 365's.

I did like the gun overall. The standoff device on the muzzle is genius that more guns should do, and it is a well done execution of the high cap micro compact idea. If I did not already have a 365 and a 365 XL, I would buy one for sure. But it is not different or better enough for me that I am replacing either of my current guns.

Seems to be a lot of excitement about this new CC Hellcat introduction. I’m very interested in reading more from actusl
Owners on their personal feelings on this gun. Good -Bad Indifferent!
I got the very first one brought to my town and have carried it ever day since ! It’s awesome. All the features are not to be underestimated my buddy has a holster making company and made me a really sweet inside the waistband holster. It gobbles up anything you feed it and it really runs the hot loads well for such a little gun. Lots of firepower and I don’t carry with the extended pinky or the extended magazine I like the short handle. I’m attaching a nice crouch shot of my Dailey. I wear it sun up — and take it off at bed time

Attachments

• A088191F-3A64-428B-B4A6-72CA8ABB6D1B.jpeg
    A088191F-3A64-428B-B4A6-72CA8ABB6D1B.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 351
I have shot a few mags through one that a friend got. He has the Optics version, but the optics were back ordered. The sights are very good for defensive use. Obviously not target sights, but they are easy to see, come up well with standard presentation. I have been a U notch fan for years thought. If you don't like the notch, you probably won't like these.

The gun feels good in the hand. I would probably still put Talon grips or skate tape on it. With all the hype about the grip texture I was expecting something more. The gun feels bigger in the hand than the 365 or Glock 43 and sits higher in the hand than I expected.

It was very accurate for such a small gun and was easy to shoot well. The recoil/jump is more noticeable than the 365, and it took a bit longer between shots as a result. Shooting it with defensive loads reminded me of shooting a small .40 like the Kahr, or a PPK with defensive loads. Not uncontrollable, but noticeably different/harsher than either of my 365's.

I did like the gun overall. The standoff device on the muzzle is genius that more guns should do, and it is a well done execution of the high cap micro compact idea. If I did not already have a 365 and a 365 XL, I would buy one for sure. But it is not different or better enough for me that I am replacing either of my current guns.
Hmmm...I did replace my P365 with the Hellcat. Love the U notch and it does feel awesome in my hand. I actually thought the recoil was felt more with the 365 and felt I had less control over it.
Interesting.

Thanks for your excellent coverage of this interesting gun. I’m also anxious to read all replies and want to know more about the optics version As I’m older can use some assistance in that area. How did the fit and finish look as you remember? I’m surprised about your mention about your needing to add some type of grip texturing as this was a selling point in their advertising. Is it because of the added recoil because it’s smaller or your hand sweats that you feel the need?
again thanks for your input.👍🏼⛵

I have really big hands, and they are pretty well calloused in the palms from fencing and kendo for the past few decades. As such I really like more texture than the average bear. I run skate tape on all my competition guns, and Traction grips on my carry pistol. I did not really notice it to be any better or worse than the current crop of texturing on the Shield, Sig 365, etc and is not as grippy to my feeling as the FN 509 for example.

I think the difference in felt recoil for me was the fact that it sits a little higher in the hand, and because I was using the smaller mags, did not have a great grip on it. Therefore it flipped a bit more than the 365, which "feels" like more recoil, but is not really the same thing.

The fit and finish was good. It feels nice and solid in the hand, everything seems well machined and there were no obvious problems with the finish or and rough surfaces on the controls. Its a good gun, and if it is better than the Sig I think really comes down to a Ford vs. Chevy kind of thing. My friend replaced his 365 with the Hellcat and is happy with it. He is a good shooter with lots of time behind some high dollar race guns. Different strokes and all that.

In my opinion, the Springfield Armory HellCat is KING of the Micro Compact 9mm pistols and has not been plagued with problems since its debut and the company has not filed for bankruptcy! 😈

I got the very first one brought to my town and have carried it ever day since ! It’s awesome. All the features are not to be underestimated my buddy has a holster making company and made me a really sweet inside the waistband holster. It gobbles up anything you feed it and it really runs the hot loads well for such a little gun. Lots of firepower and I don’t carry with the extended pinky or the extended magazine I like the short handle. I’m attaching a nice crouch shot of my Dailey. I wear it sun up — and take it off at bed time
You're obviously a 'south paw'. My favorite side and hand. I wish more manufacturers would pay a little more attention to the needs of us lefties. Left handed guns were so rare when I first got into guns (probably around 1952-3) I just never found a real need for them as the years went by. I just learned to use all right handed firearms, much as well as most right handers could.

I have often sought out and bought those certain guns that work almost as well for the lefties as for the righties. For example, one of the first rifles (other than .22's) I ever owned for myself was a pre-'64 Winchester Mod 94. It obviously ejects the spent cartridge case almost straight up and out rather than to the right of the receiver which is directly across my line of sight and is/or was a distraction. Another great choice was my Ithaca Mod 37 Featherlight. A beautiful 12 ga pump action shot gun that ejects directly out the bottom of the receiver, again not across my line of sight as most semi-auto's and other pump actions do. I also enjoy any break action, single shot such as the Ruger #1 and/or the Thompson Center Encore and Contender carbine conversion. Of course all break action shotguns, like the Ruger Red Label O/U and all 'side by sides' work for us lefties.

The one and only truly 'left handed' gun I ever owned was an early Rem Mod 870 in 20 ga that my wife bought for me as a B-day present many years ago. She said she had heard me complain about not having left handed guns so often, that when she was searching for a new shotgun for me she had it special ordered. A mighty fine firearm it was, but I finally had to explain to her how for so many years I had self trained to use right handed guns, that at that point a left handed gun was so foreign to me I just couldn't enjoy it. Well, that's when the fight started!!!!:oops: Y'all know that routine I'm sure.

To all those of you who don't fully understand just how awkward some things are for most lefties, just consider some simple things like tightening screws with a screw driver. Screws and bolts typically tighten CW, which is the strong direction of your right hand when tightening a screw. Or take out a simple tape measure and pull it out on something as if you were going to measure and mark it. A righty will usually hold it in their left hand as they pull it so as to make their mark with their writing (right) hand. For lefties, it's just the opposite and the result is all the numbers and letters on the tape are upside down. Or try cutting something with your wife's best pair of scissors. I guarantee they will cut much easier and better when held and worked with the right hand. Or a really simple one that really doesn't make a lot of real world difference is a pencil or ball point pen. When held in the right hand as if you're writing with it, all the printed advertising on it can be read as your holding it. But if held in the left hand, all that advertising is again upside down.

Well, didn't mean to get all this far off topic. Hope y'all will overlook it and give this ol' codger a little slack. Although all the above is really something to ponder!

On edit: Sorry I got off topic, but I love my Hellcat OSP. I'm so used to using right handed pistols I didn't even bother to flip the mag ejector button even though it's possible. After some research I decided on the Shield SMSc red dot. It mounted with no issues with screws provided and co-witnesses perfectly with the iron sights. I own several 9mm's, in full size to micro's and enjoy every single one of them, maybe some a little better than others but love them all. But I will say as time goes on I'm thinking the Hellcat will become my all-time favorite.

regards,
jumpinjoe

Picked up my new Hellcat today in FDE with OSP option . Very happy so far .

20200614_000850.jpg
Congratulations on the new Springfield HellCat 9mm Pistol make sure you register your serial number with Springfield Armory they give a discount in their store they will send you an email. I purchased 4 Magazines at a discount and they have the OSP optic in stock. I like the FDE color. I love my HellCat Pistol its the best of the micro-compact 9mm pistols, in my opinion, it has since become my EDC, replacing my full-size 4.5 " XDE OSP 9mm Pistol. It's much more comfortable without sacrificing firepower with 13+1 Capacity and its grip angle gives the shooter a natural point of aim. I find it the be both accurate and reliable. I use the IWB Urban Carry G3 Holster to deep conceal carry my HellCat 9mm pistol. I also have OWB Leather Pancake belt Holster with thumb break security for when carrying concealed wearing a Sport Coat or Dress Suit.

Want to register my Hellcat OSP, does Springfield offer any discount on an optic?

When you register you get a link that allows you to buy stuff from springfield store at discount. I've not done it since the HEX Wasp has been released, so I'm not sure if that device is offered on discount. But I would assume so. When I did it, I only bought extra mags. The discounted price was the same as gunmagwarehouse.

You might want to check on the rules regarding the discount ......... I'm thinking there is a time limit to buy with the discount after you register your Hellcat. I'm not certain but IIRC it was 90 days. Certainly well worth the effort though since you'll be registering it anyway. (y)

Back