testtest

HELP: .45 ACP 1911 jammed/locked with thumb safety engaged

Everybody knows that the only thing needed to work on a VP9 is two PhDs and the title of Herr Doktor-Ingenieur. Scheesh. 😜🤪
1706651561220.gif

Seriously though Welcome to the Forum King Orca from the pot hole ridden state of Pennsylvania. Lots of great folks on here and tons and tons of great helpful information. But be alert for the Minions invasion and the Praises being sung daily about the fine attributes of the almighty "YEET CANON".

This is for reassembly. The idea is to depress the pin against the spring in the tube so you can get the thumb safety fully seated against the frame and behind the pin, not on top of the pin.

You can cut up an old credit card into a narrow strip to insert behind the thumb safety to depress the pin. If you really want to get fancy, heat and bend to form a short L-shaped grip surface.

Those two links I provided will guide you through disassembly and reassembly step by step.

Last edited:
Gotta commend you…. There are PLENTY of us here, when we were new/inexperienced, that ham fisted/manhandled it and most likely.. a nice ”beauty mark” was the result. I can neither confirm nor deny my own personal experiences… LOL.
Takes a helluva person to say “nope, not my thing” and either go to a gun smith or send it out.

One could say you possibly missed out on an opportunity to fix/learn about your pistol.
One could also just as easily say you avoided a mark, ruining or worse yet…doing something unsafe.
Cheers.
I agree with you, but I dropped a few Benjamins on this bad boy for me to cause any harm to it haha. I’m an OCD when it comes to scuffs. I like my things to be as pristine as long as possible. With an exception of wear marks, it’s inevitable.

I agree with you, but I dropped a few Benjamins on this bad boy for me to cause any harm to it haha. I’m an OCD when it comes to scuffs. I like my things to be as pristine as long as possible. With an exception of wear marks, it’s inevitable.
Heard. I don‘t have a pistol yet that I consider a grail gun, mine are tools And get treated as such. I’m not saying I drop test them on concrete or tow ‘em behind my truck to torture test them..but each has a mark or two, from one time or another, be it wear, being a little heavy handed for take down, etc.

Every pistol/rifle I own has parts available all day…and lots of help here. I have learned to take my time, seek help.. “most” of the time. :)

Back