testtest

Help! Field strip

Mine was super tight but I didn’t break it. I had a problem just understanding what to do after that step. With pushing the slide stop out
I will have to say it looks almost impossible to put the idiot scratch on this frame, unlike traditional 1911s. :)

I don't have a Prodigy or any 1911s but I did download the Prodigy manual when reading about it. Reading about the disassembly does look a little intimidating compared to any of my handguns. If all 1911s are similar in their disassembly I can see a few possibilities for the idiot scratches mentioned above with things flying apart. 🤯

Hi I’m sorry I’m a visual person when it comes to learning stuff. Could someone post a video on how to field strip the new 1911 prodigy ds please and thank you!
You can download the User Manual from Springfield. Instructions are clear. Have you come across a two-piece recoil rod? I can tell you I field stripped and cleaned my Prodigy yesterday and I am not a fan of the recoil rod.

Lemme tell you, he had already disassembled that gun. Despite reading the manual (which I always do) and following instructions I thought I was turning the Allen key the wrong way. That bad boy was tight!
i wonder if that means, that while shooting, if it is NOT as tight as from the factory..??

the guide rod will get launched into outer space, after xx amount of rounds, especially if rapid firing.....????

Back