testtest

HELP - Looking For Holster (Hellcat OSP, Laser/Light)

I have a Kimber Aegis with a red dot and contacted Dale Frickle to make an IWB holster for it. While not a great fan of Kydex the holster came out perfect. He will build with options for lights also. He will also do strange colors. I ordered purple, hell it is IWB no one will see anyway.

I have a Kimber Aegis with a red dot and contacted Dale Frickle to make an IWB holster for it. While not a great fan of Kydex the holster came out perfect. He will build with options for lights also. He will also do strange colors. I ordered purple, hell it is IWB no one will see anyway.
Lol, love the purple, that’s awesome. I’ll google his name and see if I can find him, thank you 😊

I got mine at https://slimfitholsters.com

The finishing on the kydex cuts isn't the best. But there's no sharp edges, so it's only an aesthetics issue. Retention is strong, and the holster is slim and comfortable for me.

GhdSpuN.jpg

4BKNYYM.jpg

This might help?
There's a canvas type case will work for Hellcat holster by Elite Survival Systems. Works okay. 2 large loops on back to carry upright or sideways. Fits many smaller frames with adjustable elastic/velcro hoops for HG and extra mag. Also has velcro strapped cell phone holster in front and another separate zippered compartment before that for camouflage. The HG/mag and separate compartments are individually zipped for quick access.

NOTE: IT WILL work with both laser sights and OSP.

I looked for a couple weeks before I found a company that made holsters for my Hellcat with Lasermax. I really like it but there was a 10 week delay like most custom holster makers have right now. You can call or text the owner directly. Check out dmeholsters.com

I looked for a couple weeks before I found a company that made holsters for my Hellcat with Lasermax. I really like it but there was a 10 week delay like most custom holster makers have right now. You can call or text the owner directly. Check out dmeholsters.com
Oh great I’ll check them out too, thank you. Yeah there seems to be a wait just about everywhere now. That’s ok, I’m glad I’m doing homework because I’m going to get another laser combo. The one I bought I don’t like how it fits.

Disclaimer: I am a bachelor (you'll see why that matters in a minute).

I put an "oddball" O-light BaldrMini on my Hellcat. I say "oddball" because it's a universal piece, and actually a bit large compared to the thin barrel and frame (you can see where I dremeled the edges off the front of the light, to round off the corners a bit). But, it's a green laser with an LED tac light, and it's USB rechargeable so no batteries to buy.

Copy of 1118201847.jpg

It fits well enough, even though it's wide (I did switch the quick-release lever for a straight bolt - I don't need QR on it), and it holds zero nicely.

I kinda gave up on trying to find a holster for it. I have Alien Gear IWB's for my XD-s, so...I bought some kydex online, and made my own shells by heating the kydex in the toaster oven (there's the importance of being a bachelor!) and molding it around my specific pistol, with the Olight on it. It works...but it isn't perfect. I can tell I'm an amateur when it comes to making these things, but retention is good and draw is smooth and quick. The catch is reholstering - combination of a homemade shell, and that big blocky light. It just takes a little extra time and effort and care, that's all.

Once I got the shell molded, I just cut around the edges to mimic the Alien pieces, and drilled it in the right spot for the 4 screws that hold it to the leather body-side part. If nothing else, it could get someone by while they wait for a shop to custom make a "real" shell for them.

...and here it is, in my shell with the alien backing plate:

View attachment 15543

Better than what I could do. But the reason you're having issues reholstering is because on a lightbearing kydex holster, the light itself is supposed to be the retention device, and you want the section behind the light to be free space for the light to pass by. Holster makers do this by taping spacers behind the light to create channels in the mold.

Disclaimer: I am a bachelor (you'll see why that matters in a minute).

I put an "oddball" O-light BaldrMini on my Hellcat. I say "oddball" because it's a universal piece, and actually a bit large compared to the thin barrel and frame (you can see where I dremeled the edges off the front of the light, to round off the corners a bit). But, it's a green laser with an LED tac light, and it's USB rechargeable so no batteries to buy.

View attachment 15542

It fits well enough, even though it's wide (I did switch the quick-release lever for a straight bolt - I don't need QR on it), and it holds zero nicely.

I kinda gave up on trying to find a holster for it. I have Alien Gear IWB's for my XD-s, so...I bought some kydex online, and made my own shells by heating the kydex in the toaster oven (there's the importance of being a bachelor!) and molding it around my specific pistol, with the Olight on it. It works...but it isn't perfect. I can tell I'm an amateur when it comes to making these things, but retention is good and draw is smooth and quick. The catch is reholstering - combination of a homemade shell, and that big blocky light. It just takes a little extra time and effort and care, that's all.

Once I got the shell molded, I just cut around the edges to mimic the Alien pieces, and drilled it in the right spot for the 4 screws that hold it to the leather body-side part. If nothing else, it could get someone by while they wait for a shop to custom make a "real" shell for them.
Understandable on holster from this direction.
Good gun, Good light, good combo! Finding good combo holster for? - Good night?

Kydex reminds me of old kids toy called "Vac-U-Form." Used thin 4" x 4" colored plastic sheets with perforated edges that could be heated to stretch and form over various or whatever molds to make other things. Had it's own little enclosed oven and vacuum. Cool toy! Likely discontinued like thinking easy bake ovens may have been?

Leather holsters are close to that in molding. Dampen and shape.

Heard there's a semi leather plastic holster available someplace that combines the two.
Sound like leather wrapped Kydex to me. Could be a nice thing!
Name escapes me, but is made by major holster mfg.

Back