Need help when made at what caliber?

Attachments

• 85AD4970-9103-4DD4-894B-979D174BA891.jpeg
    85AD4970-9103-4DD4-894B-979D174BA891.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 12FBEEA8-FCFA-483B-84B1-294FC5CE7F42.jpeg
    12FBEEA8-FCFA-483B-84B1-294FC5CE7F42.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 200
S&W customer service will need the serial number, like it was stated if the gun has a sketchy past and the serial number is gone, I definitely would get rid of it, easiest way is if they gave a gun buy back, with those, no questions asked, but, it’s just my opinion.

S&W customer service will need the serial number, like it was stated if the gun has a sketchy past and the serial number is gone, I definitely would get rid of it, easiest way is if they gave a gun buy back, with those, no questions asked, but, it’s just my opinion.
Antiques didn’t have serial numbers.

Havnt seen it in a year or 2. Iwill give a look soon. He was wondering if it was worth anything. I dont know alot about guns thats why i joined this to try and learn. Again ty

Need help when made at what caliber?
Looks to me like it may possibly be military. The stamping shows it was patented on Jan 24, 1965. Then I would guess the next two dates are issue dates and the last three are when it was reissued. I’m not military, but can’t think of any other reason for this to have that many dates and reference to it being “reissued”. Just a guess on my part.

Check for any other markings.

Looks to me like it may possibly be military. The stamping shows it was patented on Jan 24, 1965. Then I would guess the next two dates are issue dates and the last three are when it was reissued. I’m not military, but can’t think of any other reason for this to have that many dates and reference to it being “reissued”. Just a guess on my part.

Check for any other markings.

I'm sure that was a typo on your part but not 1965 but 1865.

I'm sure that was a typo on your part but not 1965 but 1865.
Not a typo, didn’t even consider 1865, lol. If it’s 1865, it’s definitely worth some money. And don’t worry about a serial number in that case. Pretty sure firearms manufactured prior to 1900 don’t require serial numbers or the usual paperwork that modern firearms do. I’d definitely take that to an antique dealer and get it appraised.

Back