testtest

Henry's New 9mm Carbine

This thread made me ponder and do an online search for a Ruger PC Carbine 40 to pair with my SR40. After a few different sites I gave up. Everyone that was available for sale could only be paid for with crypto, zelle, bitcoin, etc ... any non credit card means. If I've learned anything from this site it's what a scam looks like. Ugh!
Try Bud's Gunshop. I haven't looked there for you, but they seem to have a crapload of guns at reasonable prices.
I thought the Henry looked ok and the changeable mag wells are a good idea, but at a $900 price, forget it. I bought a PC Carbine for $499, so I don't see a reason to buy another carbine at inflated prices.

Perhaps the. 40 was not economically viable to keep in production. A cursory look at Rugers website did not show me any .40 SW models on thier current website. I did find several reviews for them so it seems they were previously sold.
Yes, it was available until not long ago. The problem I had was I have never seen one in a store to buy. I guess I'll just tell my couple LGS's to keep an eye out.
Perhaps, but none of those shown either. Maybe in the works...
No 10mm either, just 9mm.
Try Bud's Gunshop. I haven't looked there for you, but they seem to have a crapload of guns at reasonable prices.
I thought the Henry looked ok and the changeable mag wells are a good idea, but at a $900 price, forget it. I bought a PC Carbine for $499, so I don't see a reason to buy another carbine at inflated prices.
Same here. My Ruger 9mm PC Carbine is a fun great gun. I just started thinking about one to pair with my SR40. I'll go peek at Bud' Gunshop. Thnx

I would hope that Henry's has them straighten out. When Charter Arms was making them they did not work very well.

View attachment 36654
I've been impressed with the Henry produced AR7 models. I bought my Henry AR7 almost a decade ago. My AR7 hasn't seen a whole lot of use because it's just a fun plinker and boat gun that I keep for trips to the family land. It has fired approximately 2,000-2,500 rounds without any significant issues with nothing more than basic cleaning. It's probably had a handful of failures to fire, but definitely no more than any other rimfire .22 running bulk Remington and Federal ammo.

My boys and their cousins loved shooting the AR7 when they were little, but they started to lose interest as they moved on to bigger guns. I'm not sure the boys will start shooting it regularly again, unless it somehow winds up featured in the next Call of Duty game. It still comes out occasionally during boating sessions. At least the boys still enjoy their Ruger 10-22's. I don't think anyone ever fully outgrows those.

Perhaps the. 40 was not economically viable to keep in production. A cursory look at Rugers website did not show me any .40 SW models on thier current website. I did find several reviews for them so it seems they were previously sold.
I know 40 carbines were on their website just a few months ago. I emailed Ruger support regarding their future availability.

Ruger answer, pretty vague -
"We have discontinued this model for the time being. Please keep checking our website for updates, new models, and availability.

Ruger Customer Service"

I'm curious what "for the time being" means? Maybe "new models" might mean a 10mm, who knows.

Maybe Henry can come up with a 40 or a 10mm.

I'd like to see the Chrono and ballistics gel tests on that. I like watching ballistics gel tests

Now put that round in a 16"barrel?

1676654711958.gif

Back