testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

I think that's what bothers me most, cheap household items route their wiring in a way that looks planned. For 300$ exposed wires are lame, china really can do a better job. Cell phones and household appliances dont have them exposed why should open rds accept it?
Yeah, I noticed the wires exposed as well. That is just asking for a failure if any sort of moisture gets in there, or even some small debris.

I decided to mount my third Wasp tonight. Battery is working at 1 3/4 months. Great!!
When I went to verify everything...Well dammit...the iron sights are now cut in half, as if I were using a Swampfox!! Or any number of other available (but unacceptable) dot sights out there.
Not only that, the point where it bisects my front post (bottom of window, where glass meets body), is at a slight angle. About 15 deg, running from high on the left, running down to the right. This is getting out of hand! I have been pretty patient, and advocate for patience right here on this forum. But if I'm gonna have my sight cut in half, I'd have any other sight. This is exactly what I DON'T want. A call out to them on Monday...again!!!

Not sure what your talking about the sight cut in half.

Whereas you would normally be able to see the front sight fully in the rear sight notch, even though the wasp was mounted in place, now the front sight is only half visible because part of the wasp site is blocking at least half of the front site. The “new” Wasp appears to be taller…

Last edited:
Whereas you would normally be able to see the front sight fully in the rear sight notch, even though the wasp was mounted in place, now the front seat is only half visible because part of the wasp site is blocking at least half of the front site. The “new” Wasp appears to be taller…
Maybe grab some calipers so we compare it against an older one someone has? I’m really curious now

Whereas you would normally be able to see the front sight fully in the rear sight notch, even though the wasp was mounted in place, now the front sight is only half visible because part of the wasp site is blocking at least half of the front site. The “new” Wasp appears to be taller…
Ok now i understand. I dont have that problem. Did you buy your wasp with the RDP Package?

No, bought it as a separate purchase to go with the Hellcat I bought 2 years ago. The first two allowed unobstructed view of the front sight. I'm a bit PO'd...
My new replacement sight was identical in dimensions in every way. I have the exact same amount of co-witness with this sight as I did with my original. Is it possible that something else is going on with how it was mounted?

This guy on Utube had his go out at the range. Don't know how old the optic is but the video is one day old. About the 7:25 mark.
I have been to the LGS 3 times now to buy a Holosun 507K to replace my Wasp, and all 3 times walked away without doing it. I will not put a plate on the Hellcat, and would really rather not have to remove any of the lugs on the gun to accommodate the Holosun. This video though is making me want it again. I do believe it is a far superior RDS to the Wasp.

My new replacement sight was identical in dimensions in every way. I have the exact same amount of co-witness with this sight as I did with my original. Is it possible that something else is going on with how it was mounted?
How long have you had the replacement? Is it possible it may be a "pre-fix" unit? Then, it would be expected to be the same dimensionally.
I checked to see if something was under it. No, there wasn't. I believe that the window, the glass of the window, is not mounted correctly. The cut in the sight is right. It's the bottom edge of the window that cuts into the sight line. I moved the dot out of the way for demonstration purposes. Otherwise, the dot is right on top of my (usually, fully visible!) front sight...
It is entirely possible (and most probable) that my now working dot, is just a mis-made, misshapen, mistake...again.

Attachments

• IMG_4155.jpg
    IMG_4155.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4158.jpg
    IMG_4158.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I have been to the LGS 3 times now to buy a Holosun 507K to replace my Wasp, and all 3 times walked away without doing it. I will not put a plate on the Hellcat, and would really rather not have to remove any of the lugs on the gun to accommodate the Holosun. This video though is making me want it again. I do believe it is a far superior RDS to the Wasp.
Don’t grind on your gun…….o_O

How long have you had the replacement? Is it possible it may be a "pre-fix" unit? Then, it would be expected to be the same dimensionally.
I checked to see if something was under it. No, there wasn't. I believe that the window, the glass of the window, is not mounted correctly. The cut in the sight is right. It's the bottom edge of the window that cuts into the sight line. I moved the dot out of the way for demonstration purposes. Otherwise, the dot is right on top of my (usually, fully visible!) front sight...
It is entirely possible (and most probable) that my now working dot, is just a mis-made, misshapen, mistake...again.
38 days

I decided to mount my third Wasp tonight. Battery is working at 1 3/4 months. Great!!
When I went to verify everything...Well dammit...the iron sights are now cut in half, as if I were using a Swampfox!! Or any number of other available (but unacceptable) dot sights out there.
Not only that, the point where it bisects my front post (bottom of window, where glass meets body), is at a slight angle. About 15 deg, running from high on the left, running down to the right. This is getting out of hand! I have been pretty patient, and advocate for patience right here on this forum. But if I'm gonna have my sight cut in half, I'd have any other sight. This is exactly what I DON'T want. A call out to them on Monday...again!!!
Exact same here. The front of the replacement WASP blocks half the front sight. The first two sights didn’t block the front sight, they just ate batteries. Calling SA tomorrow. Tired of this “Made in China” junk.

My original Wasp, which still works after 8 months, never showed the entire front sight. The top 50-60% of it is visible which is enough to draw a bead. I noticed their graphic showed more, but as long as it worked didn't complain.
My first two had 100% visibility of the front sight. That was what the notched dot was all about. They advertised it that way. It is why I wanted the Wasp in the first place. My brother in law bought a Swampfox Sentinal. Just the tip top of the front sight was visible. It sucked!

My first two had 100% visibility of the front sight. That was what the notched dot was all about. They advertised it that way. It is why I wanted the Wasp in the first place. My brother in law bought a Swampfox Sentinal. Just the tip top of the front sight was visible. It sucked!
Same here. Going to call SA tomorrow. This is my 3rd WASP and each successive one has been worse.

SA sent me a shipper. Back to Springfield it goes...
I also spoke with a CSR this morning. She appeared to be totally unaware of this issue. I “borrowed” your post and photos and sent them to her, and printed a copy and put in with the sight, which will be on its’ way back as soon as I can drop it off to FedEx.

Silence was the only reaction when I commented that “Made in China” was probably the cause of the problems with this sight.

I also requested the Custom Shop put my replacement on a Hellcat slide and confirm it works before sending it to me.

Back