testtest

Hi Power or High Caliber

21B66CD6-162D-446B-B1E0-04E1ABD455BB.gif

I first heard he had a Remington 700, a semi-auto rifle, a shotgun and a pistol on the roof, but no indication just what was used. They would only say the rifle was "similar" to an AR15 Assault rifle. Then when I heard the shots on the video I was certain it was not the 700, nor the shotgun, nor a pistol, and certainly did not sound like .223/556. It sounded more like a pistol caliber to me. so later on when they finally identified the rifle as a kelTek Sub2000, I thought well that explains what I heard.

But then I heard it said the KelTek was found on the car seat when they arrested him. Then late yesterday afternoon I heard it was an MP15 he used on the roof, which it did not sound like to me, but I was listening to a bad video.

So after all the descriptions I've heard, I'm still not sure what I think it was. But yes, the M&P15 is very much an AR15 type rifle.
Yeah, that's highly suspect. I heard audio of the shots and it didn't sound like an AR ( 223/556) to me at all.

The shots sounded much like a 'blow back' operated rifle to me, which the Sub2000 is. And like I said earlier, it also sounded more like pistol caliber rounds, which is also what the Sub2000 is (9mm/40 cal). My guess is he used it on the roof, then since it folds to about 16.25", he could have easily hidden it under his clothes when he made his getaway explaining how they found it on the car seat. But that doesn't explain where/how the M&P15 came into play as reported. :unsure::confused::unsure:

Yea too many inconsistencies in reporting these days.
Reported that the gun used was left on the roof by several agencies. Several also reported that the M&P was found on the roof.
24hr news reporting has NOT benefited the public at all! None of them seem to do their due diligence of correct FACTS, just need to be the FIRST to report.

After all that shooting I bet the 2000 was scalding hot 🔥🔥 and would have been real uncomfortable in your armpit or under a dress.

Yea too many inconsistencies in reporting these days.
Reported that the gun used was left on the roof by several agencies. Several also reported that the M&P was found on the roof.
24hr news reporting has NOT benefited the public at all! None of them seem to do their due diligence of correct FACTS, just need to be the FIRST to report.

After all that shooting I bet the 2000 was scalding hot 🔥🔥 and would have been real uncomfortable in your armpit or under a dress.
We can bitch all we want about the media, justifiably so, but the police do NOT reveal as much information as fast as we want to know it...they need to hold information back to confirm accuracies and to prevent charges from being dismissed. Often they are running down leads (investigating) and can't reveal specifics without jeopardizing their charges against the perp. I have to ask, "what legal right do we have to know what rifle he used in the shooting"? None as far as I can see, immediately after the event...but I know, we still want to know...

And when the police report information too early, we get fiascos like the Uvalde press conferences.

We can bitch all we want about the media, justifiably so, but the police do NOT reveal as much information as fast as we want to know it...they need to hold information back to confirm accuracies and to prevent charges from being dismissed. Often they are running down leads (investigating) and can't reveal specifics without jeopardizing their charges against the perp. I have to ask, "what legal right do we have to know what rifle he used in the shooting"? None as far as I can see, immediately after the event...but I know, we still want to know...

And when the police report information too early, we get fiascos like the Uvalde press conferences.
👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

Screenshot_20220715-091136_Samsung Internet.jpg

So much for the media not knowing anything about firearms. This is the Associated Press tellingreporters not to use the words assault rifle or assault weapon because they're highly politicized terms that URINATE people off.

Why is it important that the Associated Press is advising reporting stop using the terms assault rifle and assault weapon when we've been complaining about their inaccuracy and politicization for decades? Because they have been part of the culture war waged by the gun prohibition lobby and propaganda machine to confuse the public about firearms and create mistrust and fear of gun owners and it is important to us when a major news organization moves consciously to de-politicize reporting. We'll have to see which reports abandon the politicized terms and when continue to use them.

View attachment 28981

So much for the media not knowing anything about firearms. This is the Associated Press tellingreporters not to use the words assault rifle or assault weapon because they're highly politicized terms that URINATE people off.

Why is it important that the Associated Press is advising reporting stop using the terms assault rifle and assault weapon when we've been complaining about their inaccuracy and politicization for decades? Because they have been part of the culture war waged by the gun prohibition lobby and propaganda machine to confuse the public about firearms and create mistrust and fear of gun owners and it is important to us when a major news organization moves consciously to de-politicize reporting. We'll have to see which reports abandon the politicized terms and when continue to use them.
Honestly don’t hold your breath waiting you’ll turn blue and die.

Honestly don’t hold your breath waiting you’ll turn blue and die.

I think you're missing my point, which means I didn't properly explain it. I don't trust the media. I doubt very seriously this is going to change anything in the way things are reported. Although, I have noticed a recent shift away from "Assault rifles" to "Assault-style rifles".

My point is, this is an admission by one of the leading media corporations that the term "Assault Rifle" is a meaningless bit of political propaganda.

Now class, can we all say "Sturmgewehr". What, too hard to pronounce? Well then, we'll just call it by its translated name as well as anything that ever even remotely resembles it in appearance and function. Maybe we should stop using AR and subsitute Sturmgewehr 15 in its place. Now wouldn't that screw up the folks on the nightly news!

My point is, this is an admission by one of the leading media corporations that the term "Assault Rifle" is a meaningless bit of political propaganda.
But you are preaching to the choir. We all have known that for years! Hopefully a leading media corporation will be able to influence politicans across the country to see the light, but politicans and propaganda go hand in hand. I'll keep listening to see if there are any changes, but something tells me not to hold my breath either. It remains our struggle.

MOD Intervention.

Hey guys, great discussions going on but let’s take it back to the core issue of the weapons used.

We all know the media is aligned against firearms and many are incredibly smart and wiley while many others are just plain ignorant. It is possible for both to be true.

Back to the rifles please.

Back