testtest

Hogs are in trouble…

I’ve been here since 1983.
Its over run with Blue state coasties and IndiaPaki’s.now. My 1000 person town in ‘89 is now 267,000. 😩
I really never liked living in the Dallas area but I got great martial arts training there and that's why I stuck around for as long as I did. I still have martial arts students who live in the area and we email back and forth sometimes. I have taught martial arts classes in martial arts schools in Los Colinas, Plano, and Wylie

I have heard about former Californians taking over McKinney, Anna, Denton, and similar areas.

Fort Worth, especially southwest of Fort Worth toward Granbury and Stephenville was one of my favorite motorcycle rides going down highway 377. Most people in Fort Worth always seemed a little less stressed out than the ones in North Dallas. A few times I took highway 377 to 281 and headed toward San Antonio. I miss those motorcycle rides...:)

I'm not leaving the Rio Grande Valley because the cost of living and good people are hard to beat(plus most of my family lives down here..:)). There's still roads around here you drive on without seeing much traffic. The Gulf Coast is less than an hour drive and during the week there aren't usually many people out there.

Folks around my neck of the woods chuckle when we hear Texans say it gets cold.
This is my home and driveway as a kid: I know cold
34E8349B-838D-4376-ABA5-A9B38F7C4CC0.jpeg
28442ABC-7BF4-4390-9A5A-4CF3521A3244.jpeg

Doubt that… the snowfall that year in Maine was 383 inches cumulative.

Look how high up the telephone pole the snow is . Dad hired a Front End Loader to clear the driveway. Our snowplow wouldnt keep up

But Texas does get some decent snow occasionallyView attachment 33375
Snowfall where I'm at compared to DFW area is WAY different. Many of bovine had lost their way due to a 1 time 6-8' of snow. It didn't happen very often. When you're 7 or 8 years old, school closed due too snow the work was an all day find the cattle on horseback.

I remember when Texas had snow like that......it was the early to mid 70's and April 1, 1987.
I found out what cold was when I was a Marine in Korea in 1977. Mount Fuji, Japan was pretty cold also. I was in a MAU(Marine Amphibous Unit) and we traveled to Korea, Japan, Philippine Islands, etc and we dealt with all kinds of weather conditions(humid and cold).

I've dealt with snow and cold when visiting Colorado but nothing has ever come close to the cold I felt in Korea. Our troops during the Korean conflict in 1950-1953 had it so rough. The cold weather gear they had back then wasn't very good compared to the stuff we have now.

I think about these things when people complain about snow and cold. I don't usually complain about cold or hot because I know it could be worse. And I also believe I live in the greatest country in the world with the greatest people...:)

I found out what cold was when I was a Marine in Korea in 1977. Mount Fuji, Japan was pretty cold also. I was in a MAU(Marine Amphibous Unit) and we traveled to Korea, Japan, Philippine Islands, etc and we dealt with all kinds of weather conditions(humid and cold).

I've dealt with snow and cold when visiting Colorado but nothing has ever come close to the cold I felt in Korea. Our troops during the Korean conflict in 1950-1953 had it so rough. The cold weather gear they had back then wasn't very good compared to the stuff we have now.

I think about these things when people complain about snow and cold. I don't usually complain about cold or hot because I know it could be worse. And I also believe I live in the greatest country in the world with the greatest people...:)
I know they're places that get WAY colder and have much more snow, but dang! I went skiing in CO, arrived at Gunison for the night (about 3:30am) and it was 39 below 0 (not accounting for wind chill). Later found out we were the coldest place in the nation at -64. I had a mustache when I got out of the vehicle, took 1 breath, rubber my stash and it broke off (the mustache that is).

I know they're places that get WAY colder and have much more snow, but dang! I went skiing in CO, arrived at Gunison for the night (about 3:30am) and it was 39 below 0 (not accounting for wind chill). Later found out we were the coldest place in the nation at -64. I had a mustache when I got out of the vehicle, took 1 breath, rubber my stash and it broke off (the mustache that is).
Glad you clarified that I was a little worried!

The temperature differences between Texas and Colorado can be significant. I once rode a motorcycle from the Dallas area to Denver in late July. It was 95 when I left the Dallas area and 48 and drizzling when I got to Castle Rock(20 miles south of Denver). I'm glad I had an electric vest (that's like wearing an electric blanket while riding a motorcycle in the cold). Good gear makes a big difference when dealing with very hot or very cold weather...:)

Strange.......... from Feb77 - Feb78 in Seoul, my field jacket barely saw the light of day, didn't feel nearly as cold as Iowa.

Where I live, snow means warm in the winter (above 10F). It doesn't snow in "cold" weather here. Talk to me when you see -30F in Texas. Or as a MN resident would ask, -40F (lived there 10 years). I know it may have happened once...but c'mon...y'all trying to tell me it's just as cold in TX as WI (or MN)? Pleeezzzzz...

Where I live, snow means warm in the winter (above 10F). It doesn't snow in "cold" weather here. Talk to me when you see -30F in Texas. Or as a MN resident would ask, -40F (lived there 10 years). I know it may have happened once...but c'mon...y'all trying to tell me it's just as cold in TX as WI (or MN)? Pleeezzzzz...
I'm just glad we don't experience lake winds!

Back