testtest

Holsters

That part of the world produced your XDs, my favorite bass guitar and has been engineering and manufacturing quality products for a long, long time. These holsters get really good reviews.
Agreed so I’m holding out hope, some of the bad reviews are scary but there seems to be more positive then negative. I also realize that not everyone can be made happy.

I will say this as I carry my Elite 10mm in my Muddy River holster I’m liking it more and more, it holds the gun securely and tucks it in close to my hip and conceals very well.

Agreed so I’m holding out hope, some of the bad reviews are scary but there seems to be more positive then negative. I also realize that not everyone can be made happy.

I will say this as I carry my Elite 10mm in my Muddy River holster I’m liking it more and more, it holds the gun securely and tucks it in close to my hip and conceals very well.
Yeah, I really like Kevin's stuff, although I have never used his ( or anyone's) leather for carry guns. I like Kydex. Yours looks fantastic though and I am vaguely considering one for a .45 Shield for AIWB. My main hesitation with leather is the top getting floppy and inhibiting safe reholstering.

Yeah, I really like Kevin's stuff, although I have never used his ( or anyone's) leather for carry guns. I like Kydex. Yours looks fantastic though and I am vaguely considering one for a .45 Shield for AIWB. My main hesitation with leather is the top getting floppy and inhibiting safe reholstering.
And THAT IS MY concern as well so I will wait and see how it plays out. I talked to Kevin directly before placing the order and asked why he didn’t add a strip of leather to stiffen the throat of the holster, his response was in a defensive situation re-holstering is a non-issue. 🤔

I'm guilty of drinking the Versacarry Kool-Aid lately. And no, I don't carry them together. :)

Attachments

• 20221008_121007.jpg
    20221008_121007.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
And THAT IS MY concern as well so I will wait and see how it plays out. I talked to Kevin directly before placing the order and asked why he didn’t add a strip of leather to stiffen the throat of the holster, his response was in a defensive situation re-holstering is a non-issue. 🤔
My opinion only but reholstering is NEVER a non issue. A lot of ADs occur during reholstering. Yes, most are due simply to complacency, but poor holster design can and does play a role in some. And since the VAST majority, hopefully ALL, of your use of a holster is not during or after a defensive situation I would consider a statement like that to be too flippant and careless for my taste.

Again, Just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
My opinion only but reholstering is NEVER a non issue. A lot of ADs occur during reholstering. Yes, most are due simply to complacency, but poor holster design can and does play a role in some. And since the VAST majority, hopefully ALL, of your use of a holster is not during or after a defensive situation I would consider a statement like that to be too flippant and careless for my taste.

And no, I am not saying it is poorly designed. Simply that design can play a part in how the holster performs and can contribute to an accident.

I happen to be a big proponent of a reinforced throat for a holster but a lot are not I know that. I do not think it is needed for a safe holster, simply I believe it can help make things a bit better.

I did consider it pretentious from the owner of the company, he could have said he’s working on something like or….. honestly some thing other than talking about a defensive situation, as @Bassbob noted “so much for training”

My favorite holsters right now, nothing wrong with them
They seem well made and are comfortable. Even the Arma holster that I didn't think. It's very simple\basic and when it's on sale its $15, very comfortable carrying the XDS Mod 2. I actually bought more of them.

So as a follow up to this holster order I have to honestly say I’m upset with myself for not doing research on
(Craft Holsters)
I’m not saying that this is going to be an issue however I found out this is NOT a company based in the USA ☹️
Now I do have a FedEx tracking number that is showing travel movement the reviews on customer satisfaction are mixed and the BBB gives them an (F)
I guess I wait to see if I’ll be happy or disappointed. 🤦‍♂️
Update…… 4 days in transit and my order is still in Germany 🤦‍♂️ maybe I’ll receive it by Thanksgiving. 🤔

HBE Leatherworks. Pro Slim for a P365X. He's a one man independent shop out of Utah. Need to use it more so jury is still out. Pros: get fit/retention, molded leather is very stiff, clip grabs and will not dome loose. Cons: Cant is non adjustable and the clip could be used to slice cold cuts or whittle wood. It is no more or less comfortable than the Concealment Express IWB Kydex holster (which I like a lot) for $41.

Attachments

• PXL_20221007_140926844.jpg
    PXL_20221007_140926844.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20221007_141047129.jpg
    PXL_20221007_141047129.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
If we have a holster thread already going, I sure couldn't find it, so I figured I'd start one. Please share your examples of high quality holster work here.

Milt Sparks 60TK OWB holster and S-4C mag carrier for my TRP, which I was lucky to win in an auction a while back:

View attachment 31388
look at my Galco Combat Master Belt Holster $87.50
galco holster.jpg

any review for this gun holster

look at my Galco Combat Master Belt Holster $87.50 View attachment 31549
any review for this gun holster
I have No review for that particular holster but Galco makes fantastic holsters so you can’t go wrong with their products.

Edit……

An update on my holster ordered through (craft holsters) is after a 3 day trek through Germany my holster arrived in Tennessee yesterday and as of this morning is in the Louisville Kentucky FedEx sort facility for delivery today. 🙏

Last edited:
I received my holster yesterday and I’m fairly impressed, as mentioned I did have to make the cut for the Holosun optic but that came out great, the retention strap required some stretching and I got that to snap. I bagged the gun and let it sit overnight and this morning I feel good about how it fits.
6B348418-9F78-41FF-8690-E54306307F85.jpeg

30ADCD7D-A34E-438A-9EAF-81EB5DD96193.jpeg

This will be the first holster I have that the belt slides through the back so that will take some time getting used to carrying.
B377A8DC-B6F6-4EFE-AC59-AEBBAFD0CD3E.jpeg

I received my holster yesterday and I’m fairly impressed, as mentioned I did have to make the cut for the Holosun optic but that came out great, the retention strap required some stretching and I got that to snap. I bagged the gun and let it sit overnight and this morning I feel good about how it fits.
View attachment 31569
View attachment 31570
This will be the first holster I have that the belt slides through the back so that will take some time getting used to carrying.
View attachment 31571
Looking good. A nice review in a few week to let us know how it's working for you is in order.

Back