testtest

House Democrats give up on passing "assault weapons" ban... at least for now

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Looks like there going to wait before the house decides to bring up and vote on there assault weapons ban bill, I don’t think they have enough support from there own party right now, my guess they will wait till after the midterms.

I see a portion of the Federal gun legislation as talking points trying to satisfy respective bases. This in turn gets the states active whose laws can become harsh or some will become less restrictive. I currently live in Texas which is very gun friendly but used to live in Illinois which is not gun friendly. At times I don't think we pay enough attention to the State politicos and their thoughts / actions. Not surprised the bill has been tabled and will show up in some form early 2023. Obviously just my opinion.

I see a portion of the Federal gun legislation as talking points trying to satisfy respective bases. This in turn gets the states active whose laws can become harsh or some will become less restrictive. I currently live in Texas which is very gun friendly but used to live in Illinois which is not gun friendly. At times I don't think we pay enough attention to the State politicos and their thoughts / actions. Not surprised the bill has been tabled and will show up in some form early 2023. Obviously just my opinion.
That's a fact. However this bill would have died in the senate. And after November I seriously doubt it will ever make it to committee in the senate. By then the house might be flipped too.

It makes me really happy my state decided to insulate us from the back and forth of the federal anti-gun cabal with the Second Amendment Preservation Act. The strongest in the nation. https://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills191/sumpdf/HB1039I.pdf

After the passage of this law the feds threatened the governor and the AG, who promptly told them to pound sand. If there can be illegal immigration sanctuary cities/states and states can legalize marijuana then they are going to have a hard time singling us out for a law that actually protects the US constitution. Apparently they know that since they slunk away quietly.

That's a fact. However this bill would have died in the senate. And after November I seriously doubt it will ever make it to committee in the senate. By then the house might be flipped too.

It makes me really happy my state decided to insulate us from the back and forth of the federal anti-gun cabal with the Second Amendment Preservation Act. The strongest in the nation. https://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills191/sumpdf/HB1039I.pdf

After the passage of this law the feds threatened the governor and the AG, who promptly told them to pound sand. If there can be illegal immigration sanctuary cities/states and states can legalize marijuana then they are going to have a hard time singling us out for a law that actually protects the US constitution. Apparently they know that since they slunk away quietly.
Very concise bill.

Talk about dysfunction, chaos and calamity.

The Senate gets the Spend-O-Rama deal settled, not guaranteed, but now it seems the House will try to defeat that Build Inflation Better Act because of their ill-fated H.R. 1808.

The Senate could take final vote next week (during House recess) on their ‘spend money to change the weather‘ deal. House is also in a tiff about defunding police vs what BigGuy had to say in his recent speech about his supposed Backing the Blue with more resources in a video appearance for the NOBLE conference in Miami, worth mentioning because Coward Joe won’t step foot in FL.

Tense times, tick-tock….the House readies for vacation recess and Friday night is the showdown. I think the House already turned off the lights and put out the cat. Even their Roe codification is going nowhere in the 117th House.

It’s duty of the MSM to keep the distractions going and the uninformed peasants will not question laptops, gasoline, economy, migration and drug trafficking….and Congress merely lays out the programming guide.

Well, you know if it goes to the senate, with what Joe Manchin did, lying about not supporting that bill, then he did a 180 and now supports it, you never know what would happen now on this assault weapon bill.

corrupt politician you don't say wow didn't see that coming I miss feeling good about are country and the future now I just wait for the truth to come out so we can drain the swamp and get back to the way things were no more woke crap I am proud to be an American I know I am not the only one

Back