testtest

How about we start with Mental Health Assistance

Deciding who is responible enough to own a gun is in the eye of the beholder. How many of us would get Shannon Watts' stamp of approval for gun ownship? Getting a person that you think should voluntarily give up his or her 2nd Amendment rights is probably as hard as getting an alcoholic to voluntarily give up drinking. Like many alcoholics, folks with a personality disorder tend not to be introspective and often shun interventions. If people with personality disorders probably should not own firearms then alcoholics probably should not have a driver's license. One is a right, and the other is a privilege, but I don't think any of us would like to live in a society that had proactive laws that limited our rights and privileges based on someone's gut feeling.

Good Grief 🙄
Democrats never cease to amaze.
How about the Administration sets up a funded suicide program /therapy/counseling rather than take away their rights forever

Where can these folks sign up? I'm sure they would be among the first to rush out and happily sign up to wave their 2nd Amendment rights.

1670545806440.png

Last edited:
What about 20-30-40 yrs from now?

Person in their ‘20s needs some therapy-counseling due to life circumstance.
Fast forward , lets say 20 yrs.
Completely mentally sound person.. therapy 20 yrs previous was successful. No other issues ever.
That person wants to buy a firearm for whatever they feel they want it for.

They were flagged in the system as giving up their 2A gun rights.

That is no bueno

Ok…illicit fentanyl is already a felony…what more would you like to see?

Keeping murderers in prison…isn’t that up to individual states to decide—for the most part (yes, there are federal-grade murderers, but…they make up a small percentage of the whole, and are any of them being released to the point it’s an actual problem?)

Rapists: see murderers; this is an issue, mainly, for the states under the 10th amendment, no?
We could do something about the southern border.

At any rate my point is it's hard to take them serious when they pretend to care about saving people from "Mass shootings", when the number of people who die in those are so small as to be statistically insignificant, yet 10 times as many people die from Fentanyl. Not just drugs, fentanyl specifically. Their ploy about safety and saving lives from "Gun violence" isn't fooling anyone other than people with the IQ of a farm animal. And it's insulting my intelligence when they peddle it. They make a living insulting our intelligence and we collectively are too stupid to do anything about it ( see what I did there? :) )

But that’s what this law is about.

Yet everyone is turning this into a full-on chicken little “sky is falling” event…

Where you just admitted it’s something you support.
It's not though. Because it isn't going to do anything. It's not going to keep one single person who wants to commit suicide from committing suicide. On it's face it's ludicrous, nanny state hogwash. Poor suicidal misfits need the government to save them from themselves. Let's not take the money it's going to cost to fund this ridiculous pile of dung and, I don't know spend it on mental health resources.

Isn't it also a kind of end run around the current list of things that get a person prohibited from buying a gun? Once you admit to the government you're mental and ask them to "Suspend" your 2A rights, you aren't ever getting them back, that's a guarantee. And that is icing on the cake for them.

When a government wants to disarm the citizenry it's for their own protection and power retention and any other reason they give you is 100% pure bull :poop:. There is only one reason a government wants to disarm the citizens. And in this country the only way they can do it is little by little. Little laws like this one, which appear to draw support from actual gun guys and 2A supporters. Then on to the next one. It's so obvious that I am taken aback by the inability of a rational person to see it. It's why I pretty much now believe that every person who is anti-gun is a liar with an agenda. Because you would have to be a full on moron to believe banning guns would save lives or stop criminals from killing people.

In my thinking, the majority of people who would sign their 2A rights away would be anti-gunners who never intended to own a gun in the first place. I mean, those than are suicidal don't have to go to a gun store to obtain a firearm, and in reality they don't have to use a gun if so inclined. My concern is that such law would morph into allowing family and friends to add loved ones to the list. If your wife was upset that you were spending to much on guns she could report you as suicidal and your next gun purchase would be denied. Don't let the camel's nose into the tent!

Last edited:
In my thinking, the majority of people who would sign their 2A rights away would be anti-gunners who never intended to own a gun in the first place. I mean, those than are suicidal don't have to go to a gun store to obtain a firearm, and in reality they don't have to use a gun if so inclined. My concern is that such law would morph into allowing family and friends to add loved ones to the list. If your wife was upset that you were spending to much on guns she could report you as suicidal and your next gun purchase would be denied. Don't let the camel's nose into the tent!
Liberals love to Virtue Signal, if such a thing were to pass, I'm sure you would see people all over Social Media promoting how virtuous they are for surrendering their Constitutional Right and expecting praise for being such a Good American.

Although the proposal specifically states it is for the suicidal, I don't think that will stop some people.

Everyone here understands this is Voluntary, and for the specific purpose of those that are Suicidal, Right? Cause some these posts sound like there are people that don't. This, "there are some people that shouldn't own firearms, therefore this is a good thing"? Huh? What is in the proposal is anything to do with this? It won't take away firearms from anyone involuntarily, and it won't take away firearms from anyone that is not suicidal. Unless the Dems proposing it are lying or have a hidden agenda, oh but I guess that is logical fallacy, a logical fallacy that just keeps coming true though....

So you would voluntarily surrender you constitutional right and thus it will become illegal for you to buy a firearm.

So instead of just not buying a firearm, or selling/turning in or giving away your firearms, getting counseling, checking yourself into a mental health facility, get help from friends and family, call a suicide hotline, etc, etc, etc.... .....But folks that fail to do any of these many things, will instead put themselves on a list to make it illegal for them to own a firearm?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Does anyone actually believe this?

This is like passing a law that you can voluntarily put yourself on a list, so you will be arrested if you cheat on your diet.

And does anyone doubt there will be anti-gun liberals putting themselves on this list and virtue signaling about how virtuous they are for surrendering their constitutional right? But the Dems clearly stated this is just for the suicidal, so all those anti-gun liberals wanting to virtue signal by giving up their Constitutional Right, will be turned away and not put on the list, right? If you believe that, you probably believe the ATF will give back any firearms they wrongly seized.

So I look at some of these others national lists brought to you from your federal government, like the no fly list.

I look at the utter futility of this proposal that will accomplish nothing....

I see that the only difference between this and some grossly unfair denial of constitutional rights for many Americans, is just one word, voluntary. But no, that would never be changed.

I conclude its a useless measure that is an open invitation for abuse of power from a government that has been increasing abusing power.

Oh and please tell me that is a logical fallacy, I could use a good laugh.

It won't take away firearms from anyone involuntarily, and it won't take away firearms from anyone that is not suicidal. Unless the Dems proposing it are lying or have a hidden agenda, oh but I guess that is logical fallacy, a logical fallacy that just keeps coming true though....
Let me add to it not taking firearms away from anyone involuntarily, nor that are not suicidal....

All it does is let people keep themselves from buying firearms...... ....cause I guess without a law and a National List to put their name on, they would go out and buy firearm against their own will......

I guess they sleep walk into the gun shop and buy that firearm and bring it home in their sleep....
Then they wake, and say, how did this gun get here, I canceled all my plans to kill myself cause I didn't have a gun, now I have one I guess I have to kill myself....

That's right, of all the things you could do to avoid suicide, the Dems are proposing a Natonal List to keep people from buying a firearm..... ....cause that would make some suicidal unable to commit suicide? Cause they would never use a knife, jump off a bridge or building, crash their car, overdose on drugs or poison, nope, no one would ever think of that, as long as they put their name on a National List to ban themselves from buying a firearm, they have eliminated the means of committing suicide. :ROFLMAO:

This is at the level of ridiculousness that if you are not suspicious it may have ulterior motives, there is something wrong with you...

Back