testtest

How Does the SAINT Edge ATC’s Chassis Work?

Not doubting the rifle's ability ... but I wobble too much to be the shooter for this test 🙄

I'm not a long range sniper kinda shooter ...

The ATC does not have an entirely free-floating barrel.
Talyn I have to disagree, it does have a gas block and gas tube channeled back to the BCG But nothing else from what I saw is in contact with the barrel.
Definitely having two AccuTight set screws allows for taking out all the wobble between the upper and lower.

Last edited:
Talyn I have to disagree, it does have a gas block and gas tube channeled back to the BCG But nothing else from what I saw is in contact with the barrel.
Definitely having two AccuTight set screws allows for taking out all the wobble between the upper and lower.
Compared to a bolt gun it doesn't exactly because the gas/block/tune adds a second point of contact with the upper. That's why I said "entirely".

Non-ATCS ARs with free-float handguards offer the same since the barrel/gas/tube/block is also isolated.

Any wobble between a upper & lower can easily be addressed with a matched upper/lower set.

My .02

Compared to a bolt gun it doesn't exactly because the gas/block/tune adds a second point of contact with the upper. That's why I said "entirely".

Non-ATCS ARs with free-float handguards offer the same since the barrel/gas/tube/block is also isolated.

Any wobble between a upper & lower can easily be addressed with a matched upper/lower set.

My .02
I agree with you, however does not the gas tube “float”? I do understand that it fits into the BCG but not sealed completely tight.
Bolt guns are a different animal, the front pad for the receiver has to be machined just right so it does not contact any part of the barrel where it threads into the receiver.

Last edited:
I agree with you, however does not the gas tube “float”? I do understand that it fits into the BCG but not sealed completely tight.
Technically the gas tube doesn't float since it contacts the upper when it enters it. The gas tube hole is large enough to allow the gas tube to enter it but it doesn't prevent contact with the upper.

A true free-float barrel has only one point of contact where it is attached to the receiver, bolt gun or otherwise.

CMP match ARs have free-float handguards that are isolated from the barrel, just like the ATCS is isolated albeit via the lower receiver.

Back