testtest

How good are your eyes

HVACDOC

Elite
Founding Member
How fast can you spot my son's BB gun? It was mentioned in another thread that a BB gun could be mistaken for a real firearm.
Sunny day fun! I took some of the family out today and I even brought along some of the people who live with me 😜
IMG_20200118_144329470.jpg

Um, top-left pistol (near upper corner)?
You got it. I do remember when they had the orange tip and still got mistaken for real guns. I watched a video recently where a guy pulled a BB gun and was shot by the police (rightfully so). At a glance under stress I believe that I would be hard pressed to tell them apart.

You guys are not kidding about people needing to be careful with these bb guns and the like. Some of them are amazingly realistic. But it can also make them amazing training tools. Thought you might enjoy this article we ran a while back on TAL on the subject: https://www.thearmorylife.com/which-ones-the-bb-gun/

I've used some of the airsoft pistols with cycling slides, realistic controls, etc., in the past and was surprised how good they were for training.

So, you shoot an intruder in your home and you go to jail for firing within the city limits. Sounds reasonable???

I didn't expect any of you to have too much trouble picking it out but had I posted the picture without mentioning the BB gun I doubt anyone had noticed.
The very reason it stays in the safe with everything else. I don't want one of mine getting shot because of a misunderstanding.

There's a gun there????
Sorry papa, no hand cannons today. I had the younger two with me and they are not too far removed from the BB gun. Although that DB 9 in the lower left is like the noisy cricket from the MIB movie if you shoot +p.

I didn't expect any of you to have too much trouble picking it out but had I posted the picture without mentioning the BB gun I doubt anyone had noticed.
The very reason it stays in the safe with everything else. I don't want one of mine getting shot because of a misunderstanding.
That is sooooooooo smart. Back when I was a kid no problem, now, very smart. I would suggest to go one step further. Put a trigger lock on it too.

When my son was young he wanted a BB gun. I told him no. I will get u a 22lr as u will be with me any time u have a gun. He was much happier. You can use safe and trigger locks but you also have to teach safety. I think that is the most important part of gun safety. I was a boy scout master and we were at another farthers house. His son was going to take his new rifle out of a gun cabinet to show my son and he told him not to and came down stairs and told me right away.

Yep, the BB gun pistol here is locked-up also.

Back