testtest

How I know I am old …

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
My favorite war series/movie is 20 yrs old today.

they are also doing a podcast to celebrate 20 yr anniversary of the series
1631210555600.jpeg

☝️☝️☝️ Well heck fire son, you was just a youngster then. I was already driving (legally), drinking (maybe not quite legally), and chasing women, and had just a few months left in my service tour. I was 20 ...... almost 21. Damn how time flies, huh? ;) :D:D:D(y)(y) But I will say you have matured very well !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And BTW, it was one of my favorites as well.

they are also doing a podcast to celebrate 20 yr anniversary of the seriesView attachment 20516

My wife and I just re-watched the entire series this week for the 6th or 7th time.

Now on to The Pacific again as well. Was also very good but not quite as good as Band of Brothers.

My wife and I just re-watched the entire series this week for the 6th or 7th time.

Now on to The Pacific again as well. Was also very good but not quite as good as Band of Brothers.
Agree that BOB was better than Pacific. Anyone ever watch Generation War, it has subtitles so I have it on my list when I can pay full attention. I have heard is described as the German BoB.

HOW I KNOW I AM OLD …​

We had 10 kids growing up and a tiny 9" diagonal black & white TV in about 3' square box, 2' deep. We were the antennae if we were nearby. So we didn't sit inside watching TV nor did a family of 10 kids ever go to the theater.

I do remember seeing the show Combat on that little screen.

HOW I KNOW I AM OLD …​

We had 10 kids growing up and a tiny 9" diagonal black & white TV in about 3' square box, 2' deep. We were the antennae if we were nearby. So we didn't sit inside watching TV nor did a family of 10 kids ever go to the theater.

I do remember seeing the show Combat on that little screen.
I remember the antenna days quite well, today’s youth has no ideal if this

Well, you will know how old this duck is after I tell you my favorite war movie, The Dirty Dozen……hint….I was 7 years old when this came out…
View attachment 20518
@BET7 can relate to that, incidentally this was his first car he had…🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oppps….did I just post this……🤔

they are also doing a podcast to celebrate 20 yr anniversary of the seriesView attachment 20516

How I know I am old because my favorite war movies is the bridge over river Kwai with William Holden ha ha

Agree that BOB was better than Pacific. Anyone ever watch Generation War, it has subtitles so I have it on my list when I can pay full attention. I have heard is described as the German BoB.
Yes. It was interesting. The subtitles thing made it less enjoyable than it could be.

I recently bought the Blu Ray for a Russian movie (dubbed to English so no subtitles) called The Final Stand. True story and very well done. Wasn’t prepared to enjoy it as much as I did.

Another good true story is Danger Close, about Aussie troops in Vietnam. It’s on Amazon Prime if you have it.

Back