testtest

How Important is Capacity?

Interesting video that makes me think that 10 or 12 rds may not be enough. Not sure I’m convinced and I do carry a spare mag, but it’s food for thought
Honestly, with the targets you post, I wouldn’t be concerned at all on not carrying enough rounds.

Interesting video that makes me think that 10 or 12 rds may not be enough. Not sure I’m convinced and I do carry a spare mag, but it’s food for thought
Dont miss on the first couple.

Not many soldiers will step out when a sniper drops the first couple.
Same principle.
Then again, when in the holy heck do you ever miss a bullseye. What are you worried about on capacity…

Dont miss on the first couple.

Not many soldiers will step out when a sniper drops the first couple.
Same principle.
Then again, when in the holy heck do you ever miss a bullseye. What are you worried about on capacity…
It's a pretty solid argument. Can you hit the bulls consistently with a heart rate of 120 BPM though ? That's a good argument too. And it's why I train that way.

Never said I didnt train that way.
For the record, yes
I wasn't talking about you brother. Or anyone in particular. I was just expounding on the idea that target shooting and shooting moving objects, while you're moving and you have a very elevated heart rate ( which is about as close as we can get to a simulated gun fight) are two different concepts. Which we all know already. I wasn't trying to teach anyone anything, just making a comment. Again, about no one in particular.

Well interesting video, I hadn’t really watched any of these before. Time to train a little more and shoot one handed more and shoot from awkward positions more. Also after doing some sprints to get the heart rate going. Ditching the 10 rounder and putting in the 12 for the p365 maybe even the 15

I wasn't talking about you brother. Or anyone in particular. I was just expounding on the idea that target shooting and shooting moving objects, while you're moving and you have a very elevated heart rate ( which is about as close as we can get to a simulated gun fight) are two different concepts. Which we all know already. I wasn't trying to teach anyone anything, just making a comment. Again, about no one in particular.
KF and I do private instruction specifically under those circumstances. It doesn’t completely replicate the stress of being shot at, but it does help you develop that mental muscle memory that you’ll want when it all goes wrong.

On a side note, I have had 4 different times where rather large pissed off hogs charge me out in fields at night over the years.
That will get your heart stomping after you’ve trekked after them trudging thru the mud , dropped a few hogs and they charge you.
THAT will force you to hit on target or be gored by a 30mph charging 250lb pissed off boar. Dropped 2 with a .45 pistol and 2 with the rifle .

Again, I wasn't questioning anyone's training.

I know from my own scores, targets shot while static and at rest are wholly different than targets shot during typical training regiments. For me anyway. Generally when I am taking a class or training on my own, running around, elevated heart rate, shooting at moving targets, point shooting, weak hand, etc.. my goal is combat accuracy. Standing on a line I try to hold myself to a higher standard, but often disappoint myself. :LOL::p

Back on topic, I will say that even in training I don't miss much. That said, anytime I can get away with wearing more than just a t-shirt I'm carrying something with a 17 rd. mag usually. Right now it's a t-shirt and the 7+1 Shield .45 in a CB Mini Tuck with a spare mag in a Muddy River leather mag holster.

Wait a cotton-pickin’ minute here - am I missing something?? A whole lot of it was foreign.

I thought the “rest of the world didn’t have gun violence” like the US does ?!?

*** break, break ***

A couple takeaways I see are that:
1. Controlling yourself under stress is more difficult than we realize and needs to be trained

2. Everyone needs training on moving targets, not black n white paper!

2. The best caliber is the heaviest you can competently handle. (It’s been noted here many times).

3. Given the amount of wasted shots I think I saw, I’m not sure 5-8 more rounds would’ve produced a quicker or ‘better’ outcome fir most of the victims…or am I missing something??

Back