testtest

How much spare ammo do you all carry?

Did u get Hornady Zombies killers bullets.
I do have some but not as my go to round.
I watched an active self protection video last year I think where a leo rolled up on a stabbing. He shot the guy from about 5yards three times center mass. The fella stopped looked up at the officer and then went right back to stabbing like nothing happened. The officer advanced a few steps and let him have one in the head which stopped the attack. I can't remember what the guy was on but he could care less that he had been shot.

I do have some but not as my go to round.
I watched an active self protection video last year I think where a leo rolled up on a stabbing. He shot the guy from about 5yards three times center mass. The fella stopped looked up at the officer and then went right back to stabbing like nothing happened. The officer advanced a few steps and let him have one in the head which stopped the attack. I can't remember what the guy was on but he could care less that he had been shot.
I have them, do have some in the Glock in the truck just for something to talk about mostly.

Hey gang, I was curious how much spare ammo you all carry (and how). I'm currently carrying two spare mags in my pocket with ammo armor carriers. That gives me an extra 34 rounds of 9mm handy. I've known guys that just carry a J-frame or a something like a 911 with no spare ammo, but I've always had spare rounds. How about you all? And if you do, whats your favorite way to carry it?
I carry a total of 3 mags
1 in weapon and 2 in holsters for my EDC
If you need more than that call your neighborhood militia or 911.

I normally carry whatever the mag in the weapon carries plus one in the tube. Have extra loaded mag for each of the 3 EDCs that I use most in the truck console. For years I only carried 18 rounds, six in the duty revolver and 12 more in my duty belt and when allowed, 5 more in my snubby back up. Once we transitioned to semi-auto we carried 16 rounds in the weapon and 2 mags of 15 rounds on our belts. Most of my EDC weapons hold at least 11 rounds and with those that are single stacks I will usually throw another mag in the watch pocket of my jeans.

The difference is that we need to distinguish between a psychological stop and a physiological stop. ;)

The former simply means when the person receiving the hits decides to quit. This varies - you'll see some folks who are injured in a variety of gruesome ways (being shot multiply among so) simply continue on doing what they feel that need to accomplish. "Good guy/girl" stories here are as common as those involving the other side of society, with men like Jared Reston (https://www.recoilweb.com/shots-fired-jared-reston-survival-gear-154993.html) and women like Stacy Lim (https://www.policeone.com/officer-s...tacy-lims-story-of-survival-J2ay86axRN55pvP8/) both fought-on and won their respective encounters through grim and (what should have been) fatal (respectively) injuries.

Physiologic stops are just that: either obliterating the CNS structure sufficiently to cause the threat to cease to function - or to drop their blood-pressure sufficiently to achieve cessation of aggression. The will to fight is not a choice, here (and we saw that in officer Lim's story, above, towards the end of her near-fatal encounter) - this is pure physiology. There's a reason why the "NSR" - non-standard response - drill is taught - because sometimes, a single round or even a few just won't do the job. Here, the NSR is demonstrated by the late Pat Rogers, instructing the Alliance PD SRT:

^ Time-point ~4:03 is where that specific portion of the flat-range drill begins.

The NSR continues to be taught as valid CQB drills by SMEs such as John "Chappy" Chapman and the like.

On my person I always carry 1 spare mag, usually an extended capacity if it's an option.

That means an 8 round mag if I'm carrying my 1911, a 6 or 7 round mag if I'm carry my XDS and a 13 round round if im carrying my XD Mod. 2 SC.

I generally have a 3rd mag either in my vehicle or in a backpack if I'm packing one around.

Hey gang, I was curious how much spare ammo you all carry (and how). I'm currently carrying two spare mags in my pocket with ammo armor carriers. That gives me an extra 34 rounds of 9mm handy. I've known guys that just carry a J-frame or a something like a 911 with no spare ammo, but I've always had spare rounds. How about you all? And if you do, whats your favorite way to carry it?
Hey guys, I have an article lined up to post tomorrow on The Armory Life on ways to carry spare ammo, by Mark Kakkuri. Be sure to keep an eye out for it!

When I conceal carry, A 10 round magazine which helps conceal as opposed to the 17 round magazines,which are on my belt.Soooooooooooooooooooo.totals 45 rounds. Plus the "claymore" if I have to go to the city. "this side towards enemy".

I carry my XDs with 8+1 loaded and then an additional 8 round mag in my pocket.

I guess I am also an odd duck. I am not a Leo/military and in all honesty am never going to be in a sustained firefight. I mean I really can‘t think of a situation were legally I am going to be justifiable going though a couple hi cap mags. cool I get the whole shtf and yes I carry a rifle in the truck and have an extra mag there. But **** the thought of carrying a couple pounds of ammo, gun, knife, multitool, wallet, keys etc sounds horrible. If you want the truth carrying the pistol instead of another mag I would rather have a tourniquet. You are more likely to need that then laying cover fire. If there is a mass casualty event an Ifak will make you more useful then an extra mag. Would also recommend at min a stop the bleed class to learn some basics of how to use an IFAK. USLaw Shield offers a gunshoot wound class and the surgeon that taught ours gave some high speed education on boo boos. Think about it an IFAK can come in handy in multiple situations Car Accidents, slips and falls, industrial accidents.....you know everyday stuff. As for Extra Ammo, I guess Im the meme of the guy sipping coffee at the table convince me otherwise. Hey if you carry extra ammo I am not putting you down, just my situation it doesn’t work for me.

The single biggest point of failure is the magazine. If there is feed problem and you don't have a spare mag to swap out you no longer are armed.

Back