testtest

how to not waste lead remover

given that the shortages are holding up "some" components, finding lead bullets over FMJ or copper plated, was and still is easier.
even long before i got into producing my own ammo, i was using leaded reloads.

this is true to a point. but opinions, and facts are always present in a discussion or two.

"happier than a pig in the pen" or "happier than a pig in the poke", or happier than a pig in the mud", is a very old "saying" around here, maybe other places, so no particular reference to any 1 or 2 individuals.

just like down south, y'all have "sayings"

1)
What is the saying happy as a pig in?

Happy as a Pig in Mud

In the 1860s it was common to see happy as a pig in clover, or happy as a pig in a puddle. The important thing is, should you have a pig, that you figure out what causes this happiness, and then work to procure it.
I'm considering hardcast to reload, but have 0 info about do's and don'ts.

I'm considering hardcast to reload, but have 0 info about do's and don'ts.
the mom/pop store i get mine at, sells an awful lot of hardcast.

upon "request" he has reloaded FMJ ammo as well. thing is, he has to set aside his Dillon to run them off, then back to lead.

i have been "inquiring" on a set up to do that myself as well, but right now, with the holidays coming, it's a hard no.

i have been shooting the hard cast as well as factory since i found that store, maybe now about 2 years ago.

today in fact, i took the Glock barrel out of the Boar Tech lead remover tube, and gave it a brushing. (so about 24 hours of "soaking"). i think the Bore Tech does a much better job than the "shooter's choice" lead remover.

my Glock barrel was really not that bad to even start with.

in the end....should i ever need a replacement Glock barrel..??

"Lenny's store" is only 1 click away.....

i believe like what @HansGruber said, "they say don't use lead, to cover thier tuchus, twokus, rear-end, butt, padded seat"........

D/W, says do not use reloaded ammo, do not use lead.....need i say more on what i think about that..????

today i took my new Sig STX, and shot off 50 rounds of my reloaded, lead 230 gr, RN...then 50 rds of Lawman FMJ.

no issues.

opinions on shooting lead are many, i got time to clean deeper if need be, it ain't like i gotta sleep during the day and get up at 5PM and get off to work.

the mom/pop store i get mine at, sells an awful lot of hardcast.

upon "request" he has reloaded FMJ ammo as well. thing is, he has to set aside his Dillon to run them off, then back to lead.

i have been "inquiring" on a set up to do that myself as well, but right now, with the holidays coming, it's a hard no.

i have been shooting the hard cast as well as factory since i found that store, maybe now about 2 years ago.

today in fact, i took the Glock barrel out of the Boar Tech lead remover tube, and gave it a brushing. (so about 24 hours of "soaking"). i think the Bore Tech does a much better job than the "shooter's choice" lead remover.

my Glock barrel was really not that bad to even start with.

in the end....should i ever need a replacement Glock barrel..??

"Lenny's store" is only 1 click away.....

i believe like what @HansGruber said, "they say don't use lead, to cover thier tuchus, twokus, rear-end, butt, padded seat"........

D/W, says do not use reloaded ammo, do not use lead.....need i say more on what i think about that..????

today i took my new Sig STX, and shot off 50 rounds of my reloaded, lead 230 gr, RN...then 50 rds of Lawman FMJ.

no issues.

opinions on shooting lead are many, i got time to clean deeper if need be, it ain't like i gotta sleep during the day and get up at 5PM and get off to work.
Watched an old guy today at the range end up with 2 squibs. 45 ACP he reloaded. He had an AR style PCC. Lead bullets too.

None of which has anything to do with you, just mentioning it as a matter of fact.

given that the shortages are holding up "some" components, finding lead bullets over FMJ or copper plated, was and still is easier.
even long before i got into producing my own ammo, i was using leaded reloads.

this is true to a point. but opinions, and facts are always present in a discussion or two.

"happier than a pig in the pen" or "happier than a pig in the poke", or happier than a pig in the mud", is a very old "saying" around here, maybe other places, so no particular reference to any 1 or 2 individuals.

just like down south, y'all have "sayings"

1)
What is the saying happy as a pig in?

Happy as a Pig in Mud

In the 1860s it was common to see happy as a pig in clover, or happy as a pig in a puddle. The important thing is, should you have a pig, that you figure out what causes this happiness, and then work to procure it.
I always prefer the pig in the form of bacon in my tummy.

Why not just buy a rubber cork, plug either end of the barrel then fill with what ever you are using, did it for lots of .22 rifles i shoot.
R.jpg

My last armorers class recommended cleaning after shooting lead. My last re cert was during the height of covid and an officer asked the question, because he had a bunch of his reloads and store bought was scarce at the time.
I took my class back in 1996 when I had to fly down to Symrna Georgia for training for our Automated Logic HVAC control system, my sheriff got me into the class since I was there already there, maybe things have changed since then on lead in Glocks, I just relayed what was told to us in that class

Back