testtest

I found Small Rifle Primers today

cico7

Custom
I got 1000 small rifle primers at Cabela's at Polaris today for $89. They still had the magnum small rifle primers, and quite a few of these regular small rifle primers, maybe next will see pistol primers!
They had quite a few left.

i go in person at least 2 times a week to my LGS, looking for primers, and still nuffin.

what kills me is that they had W231 on the shelf, and i thought, "well i got 2 pounds of Bullseye, i can get this later"..

i guess it will be later.....

i'll save on hazmat costs and wait for it locally.

i ain't gonna really start going full bore reloading until the early fall.

CCI has been most common in the past year, with Federal coming in second. I've heard reports of various primers found online in the past few months, but I stop shopping after I get a minimum quantity. Now I would only buy if I found an amazing deal. FWIW, I've paid $75-89/1K, sometimes with 1K limits and sometimes up to 5K limits. Large pistol primers were easier to find for a time, then it seemed small were more abundant. Also, small rifle primers were seen, but not pistol. However, small rifle can be used for pistol.
A while back I found shotgun primers for $45/1K and bought 2K. Now I guess they are about $100/1K. Factory shells used to be maybe $9/box and are often around $11-12 online. I used to buy Remington game loads for under $3/box when I started CAS, but nothing stands still.

I had to drive to North Carolina earlier this month (fortunately I was coming home from Myrtle Beach, so not a big deviation) as I found a guy willing to part with 5 bricks of Federal LPP for $75 per. A month earlier I scored 5 bricks of Remington 7 1/2 Benchrest primers for $ 430.30 delivered. For now I have no primer needs as I scored big time during the lockdown. LPP was my only hole…and now it’s filled.

Just bought a 1952 vintage Marlin 39A.
Now is the time to play with a 22 rimfire.
The ammo is not hard to find!

Attachments

• 20220823_120115.jpg
    20220823_120115.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 105
Creating an account at a vender takes about 3 minutes and makes your transaction infinitely safer and more trackable. I have accounts at all the venders I frequent. Including Brownells, Midway and Numrich.

Graf, precision reloading, natchez and bruno's will give me in notifications via email. Midway, brownells and midsouth will only give me in stock notifications when I log in, but no email notifications. What makes it worse is it's usually out of stock if I don't check at least 3 times a day or night. There are a few other vendors that are good about email notifications.

Graf, precision reloading, natchez and bruno's will give me in notifications via email. Midway, brownells and midsouth will only give me in stock notifications when I log in, but no email notifications. What makes it worse is it's usually out of stock if I don't check at least 3 times a day or night. There are a few other vendors that are good about email notifications.
I do a lot of business with Natchez. The last 3 times they sent an email notification something was in stock, when I went to the site it was already out of stock again. The other thing I dislike about Natchez is they rape you on shipping for ammo. Usually Midway will have specials like " Spend $200 and get free shipping". When Natchez does it it's usually $49 and free shipping, but only on a very narrow selection of ammo. And if you buy say $100 worth of ammo off their list and you also buy some ammo not on the list you end up paying the same shipping as if they were giving you no deal at all. A $13 box of FX2 is a good deal. Until you see the $18 for shipping. For one box of 10 shotshells they charge $18 shipping. FX2 sells everywhere else for $26 ( even at Natchez usually) but they often put it on sale for $13. The only way to make it worth it is if you buy about 10 boxes ( shipping will still be $18). It's frustrating.

I do a lot of business with Natchez. The last 3 times they sent an email notification something was in stock, when I went to the site it was already out of stock again. The other thing I dislike about Natchez is they rape you on shipping for ammo. Usually Midway will have specials like " Spend $200 and get free shipping". When Natchez does it it's usually $49 and free shipping, but only on a very narrow selection of ammo. And if you buy say $100 worth of ammo off their list and you also buy some ammo not on the list you end up paying the same shipping as if they were giving you no deal at all. A $13 box of FX2 is a good deal. Until you see the $18 for shipping. For one box of 10 shotshells they charge $18 shipping. FX2 sells everywhere else for $26 ( even at Natchez usually) but they often put it on sale for $13. The only way to make it worth it is if you buy about 10 boxes ( shipping will still be $18). It's frustrating.
At precision reloading I found some powder and shipping cost more than the 2 #s I ordered. Some places are horrible on hazmat cost. I cancelled the order and found some at another vendor. Usually midsouth and brownell's I've purchased hazmat products from have been fairly cheap. Usually under $20 for hazmat and with packaging cost not so bad.

Back