testtest

I hate driving down through Detroit

Sld1959

Hellcat
Love my daughter and love seeing her but God I hate driving through Detroit. But that's what we have to do today to take the grand niece's and nephew to her house today for pool party and celebrate daughters birthday.

I usually try to avoid Detroit when going there but with all the construction it will cut a lot of time in detours. Ugh, the potholes, the angry road rage drivers the massive traffic, oh well just pull up my pants and do it lol. Have fun day folks.

Love my daughter and love seeing her but God I hate driving through Detroit. But that's what we have to do today to take the grand niece's and nephew to her house today for pool party and celebrate daughters birthday.

I usually try to avoid Detroit when going there but with all the construction it will cut a lot of time in detours. Ugh, the potholes, the angry road rage drivers the massive traffic, oh well just pull up my pants and do it lol. Have fun day folks.
Exactly how I felt driving I-95 through New Jersey.

When ever I traveled south from Connecticut I would go out 84 West to Scranton Pennsylvania then go south.
Hours and miles out of the way but safer and more relaxing especially when I traveled on my motorcycle.

I grew up just outside of Detroit. Moved to the Grand Rapids area 30 years ago. Just retired and don't miss calling on automotive customers in the Detroit area. The people, traffic and especially the road rage is no joke. I used to laugh at the idiots in their SUV's that tried to challenge my 8500 lb GMC 2500HD Duramax. :)

Dan Ryan Expressway was no picnic either.

nor any highway in California.

nor nearly any roadway, let alone highways in Florida

all the while driving 18 wheelers

i had to be the "professional" and let the idiots, morons, jerks and jackwagons, go about their useless life's way.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your party!

Sld1959,
Dont stop and ask for directions 😄
8C0CFA53-53D3-4E39-9CEF-E1573568113D.jpeg

Exactly how I felt driving I-95 through New Jersey.

When ever I traveled south from Connecticut I would go out 84 West to Scranton Pennsylvania then go south.
Hours and miles out of the way but safer and more relaxing especially when I traveled on my motorcycle.
Many years ago when I was in DC, I drove up I-95 to meet our oldest son who was taking a professional development course in Patterson, NJ. One of the worst trips ever and this was at night when traffic was not that bad.

As far as Detroit goes, maybe we should let OCP take over. Life imitating art.

I love driving in Wyoming. Speed limit is 80 and hardly any traffic. Just have to watch out for the speed goats.
Having a brush guard at least gives you a false sense of security. LOL
i had a love/hate relationship with WY.

Generally LOVED Little America, back in the day with like 100 + fueling pumps

but then, there would be deer? caribou? Elk...?? whatever...??

one herd on one side of the highway, another herd on the opposite side.

i'd see cars stopping on the highway....

why..??

well, from what i saw, the herds were exchanging sides...!!!!!

and this too, which is really "F" crazy, the wind socks on I-80, you KNEW if you were a trucker, you weren't gonna make it across......

wyoming_windsock.jpg

Last edited:
Dan Ryan Expressway was no picnic either.

nor any highway in California.

nor nearly any roadway, let alone highways in Florida

all the while driving 18 wheelers

i had to be the "professional" and let the idiots, morons, jerks and jackwagons, go about their useless life's way.

First time on San Diego I-5 speedway, rush hour, on a motorcycle, fast lane and trying to scoot over to the exit. Wow.

Last road trip on The I90-94 - Dan’s Death Ryan…heading out south from downtown Chicago starts at the interchange all the way to the border and cost to take the Skyway is costly and no better. I recall jumping off 94 South landing in Gary IN for a spell to get to Dunes Hwy, good thing it was dawn when everyone was sleeping.

Yeah, try and beat traffic leaving early like 4 a.m. sometimes works, but there’s always road-rage maniacs, get-even drive by retaliations volleying shots at one another, screaming and racing crotch rockets the occasional suicidal youth in ATV‘s, the foreign and domestic drunkards all in between the potholes, fallen debris that never gets picked up and perpetual construction projects with scattered orange road barrels all askew. And nobody stops for nuttin’, seen plenty of junkers dropping #hit, morons driving on flat tires, dragging mufflers, shoulder passers, aside all that the eating, littering and blatant disregard for the basic rules of the road.

I-90 Eisenhower, I-55 Stevenson, I-57 within the city are all the same until the tollway kicks in. You not getting anywhere fast leaving or entering Cook County from any direction.

Driving through every big city on and east of the Mississippi, as well as the handful of Western cities (Denver, Portland, Puget Sound metro area) and all of Kalifornia are a nightmare.

If I have to drive through any of those I try to time it to go through at night, a Sunday, or very early in the morning.

Last edited:
First time on San Diego I-5 speedway, rush hour, on a motorcycle, fast lane and trying to scoot over to the exit. Wow.

Last road trip on The I90-94 - Dan’s Death Ryan…heading out south from downtown Chicago starts at the interchange all the way to the border and cost to take the Skyway is costly and no better. I recall jumping off 94 South landing in Gary IN for a spell to get to Dunes Hwy, good thing it was dawn when everyone was sleeping.

Yeah, try and beat traffic leaving early like 4 a.m. sometimes works, but there’s always road-rage maniacs, get-even drive by retaliations volleying shots at one another, screaming and racing crotch rockets the occasional suicidal youth in ATV‘s, the foreign and domestic drunkards all in between the potholes, fallen debris that never gets picked up and perpetual construction projects with scattered orange road barrels all askew. And nobody stops for nuttin’, seen plenty of junkers dropping #hit, morons driving on flat tires, dragging mufflers, shoulder passers, aside all that the eating, littering and blatant disregard for the basic rules of the road.

I-90 Eisenhower, I-55 Stevenson, I-57 within the city are all the same until the tollway kicks in. You not getting anywhere fast leaving or entering Cook County from any direction.
Driving through every big city on and east of the Mississippi, as well as the handful of Western cities (Denver, Portland, Puget Sound metro area) and all of Kalifornia is a nightmare.
yeah, and each and every one of'em are more important that the rest of us.

not that making the switch from long haul to regional, then to local made a huge difference for me with the above mentioned array of BS, but for home time instead.

i found it relaxing to be home from either late friday nights or early saturday mornings, and starting again on monday nights. (yeah all my years my driving was primarily nights).

the "rat race" got it's start back in (i'd say) the mid 1960's, with more husband/wives working than just the husbands only.

harried home life, equalled harried work life, and work loads from the bosses.

our vehicles became our "safe, leave me da hell alone spaces" when we were driving, and ANY infringement, people exploded from all the day to day BS of those harried lives.

Q: What is the activity that produces the most fatalities in Saudi Arabia? (Hint: It's not terrorism.)

A: Driving

From the above it sounds like we're getting to be just as bad.

Back