testtest

I Hate It When This Happens

So I very much appreciate all the responses to my thread on the RIA 10mm 1911 A2
After much thought and research I’ve made the decision to pass “for now”
On buying it. The gun and manufacturer had no weight in the decision but what is pushing me to wait is the limited availability and cost of 10mm ammunition as well as I have tons of 40&W for the two 40 caliber guns I currently have.
When I start seeing more 10mm ammunition hit the market and prices hopefully come down I’ll definitely revisit the Rock Island 1911
Here’s the cool thing—

Get a .40 S&W barrel fitted, and that pistol could be a double threat…

Here’s the cool thing—

Get a .40 S&W barrel fitted, and that pistol could be a double threat…
Interesting idea but what really pushed my decision was I was taking inventory this morning of the Ammo I have and I have a lot for every caliber gun I have except for 10mm so why am I thinking about buying another 10mm gun.
I’d rather spend some money on 10mm rounds I can find and right now that’s 180 gr S&B FMJ Which my XDM Elite likes to shoot.
And it’s available and not to expensive.

Interesting idea but what really pushed my decision was I was taking inventory this morning of the Ammo I have and I have a lot for every caliber gun I have except for 10mm so why am I thinking about buying another 10mm gun.
I’d rather spend some money on 10mm rounds I can find and right now that’s 180 gr S&B FMJ Which my XDM Elite likes to shoot.

Is understandable too.

Prior to Covid I was buying 10mm 180gr S&B or Magtech ammo for around $16-$17 a box which isn't bad considering the caliber. I know the S&B & Magtech ammo is closer in power to .40cal but it's good for range use.

The best and most cost effective way to source 10mm ammo is to make your own. Midway USA runs sales often on Berry's .40cal (10mm) bullets and you can usually get free shipping from them. The only tough part with reloading 10mm Is finding enough brass as it doesn't seem to lay on the ground for very long at the range. I collect all my 10mm brass that I can find after shooting.

.300blk brass used to be scarce at the range but I've been finding it pretty commonly now so hopefully with the newly rekindled popularity of 10mm there will be more shells available at the local range.

The range officers at the indoor range I go to have no problem with people taking brass for reloading as long as it's behind the firing line.

Prior to Covid I was buying 10mm 180gr S&B or Magtech ammo for around $16-$17 a box which isn't bad considering the caliber. I know the S&B & Magtech ammo is closer in power to .40cal but it's good for range use.

The best and most cost effective way to source 10mm ammo is to make your own. Midway USA runs sales often on Berry's .40cal (10mm) bullets and you can usually get free shipping from them. The only tough part with reloading 10mm Is finding enough brass as it doesn't seem to lay on the ground for very long at the range. I collect all my 10mm brass that I can find after shooting.

.300blk brass used to be scarce at the range but I've been finding it pretty commonly now so hopefully with the newly rekindled popularity of 10mm there will be more shells available at the local range.

The range officers at the indoor range I go to have no problem with people taking brass for reloading as long as it's behind the firing line.
I understand what your saying but a moot point for those that don’t reload, as mentioned many times guns like certain rounds over others and although finding different manufacturers of 10mm is tough right now to do more comparison testing I’m comfortable with the S&B 180 Gr FMJ because my XDM Elite 10mm likes it as well. (Price)
Right now Shoot Point Blank has the same price for S&B for a 50 round box as Bulkammo.com the problem is finding 10mm hollow point to run some testing.

I understand what your saying but a moot point for those that don’t reload, as mentioned many times guns like certain rounds over others and although finding different manufacturers of 10mm is tough right now to do more comparison testing I’m comfortable with the S&B 180 Gr FMJ because my XDM Elite 10mm likes it as well. (Price)
Right now Shoot Point Blank has the same price for S&B for a 50 round box as Bulkammo.com the problem is finding 10mm hollow point to run some testing.
Midway USA has some in stock currently but it's a little pricey.

Buffalo Bore has some available on their site and also Buds gun shop does with Buds they look to have the best price on hollows but im not familiar with the brand.

Midway USA has some in stock currently but it's a little pricey.

Buffalo Bore has some available on their site and also Buds gun shop does with Buds they look to have the best price on hollows but im not familiar with the brand.
In regards to online purchases I’ve only used Bulkammo and Sig, of course Sig is pricy but I’ve had very good luck with there ammunition. Currently Sig has a 20 round box of their Elite Performance V-Crown 10mm 180 Gr. Hollow point for $32 a box like I said pricy but a good defensive round. My opinion.

In regards to online purchases I’ve only used Bulkammo and Sig, of course Sig is pricy but I’ve had very good luck with there ammunition. Currently Sig has a 20 round box of their Elite Performance V-Crown 10mm 180 Gr. Hollow point for $32 a box like I said pricy but a good defensive round. My opinion.
V-Crown is good ammo and for 10mm it's a little on the warmer side but not hot.

Definitely a good choice for bipedal defense as you really don't want anything too hot when over penetration can be a concern.

V-Crown is good ammo and for 10mm it's a little on the warmer side but not hot.

Definitely a good choice for bipedal defense as you really don't want anything too hot when over penetration can be a concern.
Right now calls for wildlife rescues are on the rise and I won’t go out without a gun to protect myself from predators
(4 legged) that intend to feed on what I’m trying to save or myself.
Until recently it was my Mod2 40 then my new XDM full size 45 I want to work in my XDM Elite 10mm but want the stopping power of a hollow point in the gun.

Here’s a couple from my local shops… note prices

Attachments

• D103278D-0F84-4F2F-86C3-BF0FE610F09B.jpeg
    D103278D-0F84-4F2F-86C3-BF0FE610F09B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
  • BE451BD1-547C-4205-BFF0-8985D3AF824A.jpeg
    BE451BD1-547C-4205-BFF0-8985D3AF824A.jpeg
    658.5 KB · Views: 109
Back