testtest

I Hate It When This Happens

my kimber's is all metal in fact.

i think it's "just me", and my disorder of mind, when it comes to some items. if it's all ALL metal gun, then dammit, i expect all metal parts, that are under stress/pressure.

just me.......not you.
I feel the same way, especially when I found out the Springfield Ronin had a plastic trigger on a 1911, couldn’t believe it, but others said it’s no issue, both my Kimber’s gave the plastic MSH…..🤔

What I’m thinking about doing is trading in my Glock G22 Gen5 40 for this as the Glock just didn’t fit my hand all that well. I will admit that I was surprised at the low price as I always figured 1911’s to be on the pricy side, I’ve been watching some reviews on the gun and the low cost has been beaten to death as a gun made in the Philippines.
That would be a good trade.

And Armscor/RIA has been making 1911’s for longer than every American company besides Colt…

So off I went today to wash my truck, (long overdue) and then I wanted to find some 10mm Hollow Point, I check Cabela’s nothing. I went online and looked up gun stores in my area, I knew there were some I’ve never been to.
I found a gem. Name of the store——
(Everything Canceled Carry)
Picked up a box of 20 Hornady Handgun Hunter 10mm 135gr Monoflex Hollow Point, no lead.
It was busy but the owner and I talked guns and ammo.
I should have bought the ammunition and left but couldn’t resist walking around looking at the store. Small but well stocked with everything from pistols, AR’s, rifles and shotguns.
Then I found the 1911 showcase.
No I didn’t buy one (yet)
View attachment 22725
Rock Island 1911 10mm Double stack,
a beautiful black gun, I love black guns.
So here I am asking for more help, who knows Rock Island 1911’s and can maybe tell me about this gun?? At $699.00 what am I buying??
@Keystone19250,
Sometimes those small store have some great finds and they are always interesting as are the owners.

I'm not a 1911 guy but from reading all the posts here it sounds like the gun is well made, has a great reputation and history. It may only be an average price but that's ok, you don't strike it lucky with a fantastic deal on every purchase. Sometimes it's just what you want that matters. If that's the gun that fits your grip and has peaked your interested. Quit worrying about it. We are all behind you pushing now. GO FOR IT!

my kimber's is all metal in fact.

i think it's "just me", and my disorder of mind, when it comes to some items. if it's all ALL metal gun, then dammit, i expect all metal parts, that are under stress/pressure.

just me.......not you.
hey guys, my apologies...

my Kimber CAME with a plastic MSH, i just checked the box it came in, just minutes ago, and i have the OEM plastic one in there.

totally forgot i had replaced that one...

my bad.

I feel the same way, especially when I found out the Springfield Ronin had a plastic trigger on a 1911, couldn’t believe it, but others said it’s no issue, both my Kimber’s gave the plastic MSH…..🤔
on any of my 1911's, i have not changed out any of the plastic triggers. i at this point and time, have no confidence in removing all the innards, involved.

i would however, like "someday", to get the KnightHawk Custom, 1911 drop in trigger kit, all pre-assembled. but about $300 each.

So I very much appreciate all the responses to my thread on the RIA 10mm 1911 A2
After much thought and research I’ve made the decision to pass “for now”
On buying it. The gun and manufacturer had no weight in the decision but what is pushing me to wait is the limited availability and cost of 10mm ammunition as well as I have tons of 40&W for the two 40 caliber guns I currently have.
When I start seeing more 10mm ammunition hit the market and prices hopefully come down I’ll definitely revisit the Rock Island 1911

Back