testtest

If this is you

Then we can be friends

F0HEsW5XsAAgktB.jpg

I don’t watch enough tv for it to even be close. In fact I could watch NCIS 24/7 and it still wouldn’t be close. I do point those things out constantly, much to my wife’s chagrin ( that means dismay, annoyance, dislike etc. 🙄) but unless I’m in front of my bosses, customers or government officials you can bet the next word out of my mouth will be an expletive ( that means curse word 😉).

I don’t watch enough tv for it to even be close. In fact I could watch NCIS 24/7 and it still wouldn’t be close. I do point those things out constantly, much to my wife’s chagrin ( that means dismay, annoyance, dislike etc. 🙄) but unless I’m in front of my bosses, customers or government officials you can bet the next word out of my mouth will be an expletive ( that means curse word 😉).
I don't watch tv much anymore myself. But my favorite time of the year is coming(football season) so I'll football games(high school, college, pro) but with the mute button on...:)

I've a lot more experience in Boxing/Martial Arts training than shooting firearms(mostly because I taught martial arts classes 4 to 6 days a week for many years and only went to a gun range every couple of weeks or once a month). When I see a fight sequence and others are around, I have to hold my tongue and usually do.

I once had a student who watched a lot of professional wrestling. One time before class(and I was warming up) he got the foolish idea of trying to pick me up over his head like one of those wrestling moves he saw often. I kind of knew he was kind of "different". When he went into pick me up I put him in a guillotine choke and warned him to lower me down slowly.

He thought I was kidding and found out that I wasn't. I applied enough pressure to almost make him pass out. He lowered me down and decided martial arts training wasn't for him. Maybe he donned a mask became a professional wrestler. He was a big strong guy...:)

Having people come into a martial arts school that think they're tougher than they are, can be a big problem. It's a good idea to make them sign a release before you allow them to try a class. And it's also helpful if you have enough real life experience in dealing with violent people so you don't get embarrassed in front of your students...:)

There always seemed to be a higher influence of people looking to train after an action movie came out. I suspect the John Wick series has sold a lot of firearms, maybe some black clothing...:)

I sometimes miss the old Boxing days where some disagreements were solved by a Boxing/Sparring session. There's a reason we teach proper breathing, good posture, hands up, short steps, elbows tucked close to the body, etc, etc for a reason...:) You can run out of energy quickly if you forget to breathe, or let your emotions get the best of you...:) It also helps if you can take a punch or at least learn to roll with them...:)

I speak 3 languages. English, slang and profanity. English is my weak one. :rolleyes:
I couldn't keep a swear jar around. I can't afford it!

As for the firearms inaccuracies, I pretty much try to let those slide. Movies are just make believe after all.
Unless they're just absolutely glaringly wrong. The one that always sticks out to me is in the Matrix. The lobby shoot out scene. Neo pulls out a pair of Skorpion sub guns (.32acp) and starts blasting away. Then they cut to show 5.56 brass raining down on the floor. For some reason that one just irks me no end. :mad:

I speak 3 languages. English, slang and profanity. English is my weak one. :rolleyes:
I couldn't keep a swear jar around. I can't afford it!

As for the firearms inaccuracies, I pretty much try to let those slide. Movies are just make believe after all.
Unless they're just absolutely glaringly wrong. The one that always sticks out to me is in the Matrix. The lobby shoot out scene. Neo pulls out a pair of Skorpion sub guns (.32acp) and starts blasting away. Then they cut to show 5.56 brass raining down on the floor. For some reason that one just irks me no end. :mad:
I’m also fluent in drunken gibberish.

Thank goodness for the Bobothaures or none of the Neanderthals or Cretins would have a clue to what he’s talking about.

I watched "Nobody" again the other night. He's havin a flashback trying to remember what gun he had to this guys noggin. First he thinks it's a suppressed walther then changes his mind to say," No, it was a silenced HK USP45." but the slide clearly calls out 9x19. Then they kept saying the white challenger had a 4.9 liter V8. Not un a 72 Dodge they didn't!

Back