testtest

Illinois Sheriffs

That (post 18) came directly from the Illinois state rifle association.
It's real.

Well @powerboatr maybe go talk to your states attorney or sheriff, I did I know my county is real. So go be your own test dummy and ask your people
nope i am in texas
not enough cash in the country to get me up there
not trying to pick a fight, just stating the obvious

my point was the sheriffs say they wont uphold this crazy law ( paraphrase)
i applaud them, but the fact remains, the nut governor can simply use state police to enforce the law or guard or pursue legal actions to remove those sheriffs for violation of oath to uphold the laws yada yada
IL is crazy as heck , but the fact remains the law is still valid for now. and the window to register is open ...what ever

even though the state police said they wont enforce the law. I get that ,
The state police work for governor, he can fire or hire and bring in people to enforce the law as state police.
he does not give a rats rear about the people of IL, sadly the people of IL dont get that.

its going to be an interesting play out.
i hope the people if IL ,, stand fast and push back ,
especially if criminals are armed. maybe state should address that issue before non criminals

what happens if guy A gets stopped the one officer decides,,yup your violating the law and off to jail guy A goes.
despite assurances... assurances don't mean dooo dooo they are just opinions until law is repealed or upheld.

I get what you're saying. The fact of the matter is that most of the States Attorneys and Sheriff's think that the law is unconstitutional and they swore to uphold the constitution. I'm not worried one bit. Less than 2% of the 2.5 million of the FOID owners registered and that speaks volumes.

This kind of reminds me of Canada's failed attempt to require the registration of all long guns across the country, back in the early and mid 90s. The western provinces basically told the government to pound sand, and the RCMP remained mute during the whole debacle. The government sunk millions into the program, and when the mandated deadline came and went, well, it silently imploded...and went away. Millions of taxpayers dollars were wasted. Handguns, on the other hand, are restricted to the max. They must be registered and are strictly regulated. I have been away for nearly a decade now, but I know that the current need in power has made things even worse.

I am grateful to be living where I do. I wish we had constitutional carry like our North Dakota neighbors, but at least we aren't California or New York, etc. It makes my heart smile when LE brass stand up for the Constitution. Sounds like we are going to need all the help we can get in the coming years.

I get what you're saying. The fact of the matter is that most of the States Attorneys and Sheriff's think that the law is unconstitutional and they swore to uphold the constitution. I'm not worried one bit. Less than 2% of the 2.5 million of the FOID owners registered and that speaks volumes.
I get it 100%. I would not follow the law either.
but without peeing in the corner
the rate of citizens actually following the law is actually pretty good for sending a message to the governor that he is wrong.
i applaud those standing up for their beliefs and it may take a whole lot of that to change the law in IL.

But just because a person or entity thinks a law is un lawful or un constitutional , in the scheme of due process means BEANS. its still a valid law until its not, and out there right now a DA is gnashing their teeth to get one person arrested for failing to register..they want 15 minutes of fame.
look at GA state attorney, NY AG. etc.

maybe no body gets arrested and maybe no one goes to jail or pays a fine because the law enforcement arm simply refuses..to enforce the law. then the leos are guilty of not following the law, just like the poor citizen that may or may not follow the law to register their firearms.
WE all believe its not a valid law, but until its repealed or over turned , the fact remains its the law of the state, good, bad or ugly.
my point is the people that are to chartered by oath to uphold the law of the state are going to eventually be replaced, or comply or even be charged criminally. the crazy dictator of IL has a wide base of support and could easily stand up a group of LEOS to uphold this law, no matter if its good, bad or ugly.

the last bad point, is all the people that do register their firearms will be targets later, as i guarantee the data base will somehow become posted on the web. then the left nuts will dox them or harass .

this is the same as cities where the DA refuses to prosecute vandals or theft of stores.. its still illegal and those persons charged to uphold the law could be charged with failure of oath of office and could be in criminal court to defend themselves. but those areas have week governors that allow it. still does not make it legal

Here in Texas the department of public safety that issues our license to carry get lawsuits all the time to release the names of said licensees. so far they have refused to divulge, but that could change in november for us if the wrong ding bat gets in as governor, or the texas house or senate goes democrat controlled. the CA people that moved to austin are already doing thier best to turn us into CA.
we all know the last presidentail election was a fraud and unlawful...how can more votes be tallied than the mumber of voters... but we are stuck with it.

For perspective, the big Australian gun confiscation scheme that happened after the Port Arthur shooting, which severely limited private ownership of firearms. Turns out that less than 37% of Australians complied.

Back