testtest

I'm outta ink from 27 pens now.

I keep a detailed file of my ammo on hand, which I literally do inventory on whenever I pack/unpack for a range day, or when I pick up ammo at the store.

In that same file is a list of each of my firearms and exactly how many rounds i've put through each of them. I do not keep a cleaning schedule because I clean them everytime I come home from the range.

I have digitized copies of all receipts and proof of sale etc, as well as all original paper copies. I store the files on an external hard drive with a back up to my CCTV system cloud which is maintained by me and only me. I run my own Server/NVR for my surveillance system at the house so I have no issues worrying about security as it's only available on my local intranet which can only be accessed through my Server/NVR. I keep that separate from my internet network.
Wish I was as organized and committed as some of you folks seem to be !!!

I keep a detailed file of my ammo on hand, which I literally do inventory on whenever I pack/unpack for a range day, or when I pick up ammo at the store.

In that same file is a list of each of my firearms and exactly how many rounds i've put through each of them. I do not keep a cleaning schedule because I clean them everytime I come home from the range.

I have digitized copies of all receipts and proof of sale etc, as well as all original paper copies. I store the files on an external hard drive with a back up to my CCTV system cloud which is maintained by me and only me. I run my own Server/NVR for my surveillance system at the house so I have no issues worrying about security as it's only available on my local intranet which can only be accessed through my Server/NVR. I keep that separate from my internet network.
i have a simple "inventory" of ammo as well, both new and reloaded, on a simple yellow legal pad.

i check that inventory about once per month, to make sure the count is correct, cuz i can forget to add or subtract at times what i put in, or take out.

right now, i might be in need of another cabinet like this one that i have now, as it's nearly chuck full

1644092273838.png

Last edited:
Excel is perfect for what you're doing...use it everyday for household expenses and work. Since I use an iMac though, it's a tad more complicated than it should be, but 90% of the time Excel works well.

i have excel, i don't know how to use it.
The easiest thing to get started is just to YouTube excel inventory. You will get a million of videos and just click on one that is close to what you are looking for. For example:
. Once you do, you can save it on your desktop and keep a backup copy on a usb or external hard drive. That is all. Excel does a million things, but for a simple inventory it is pretty straightforward and the learning curve is not that bad. Hope this helps.

Too much record keeping can be a bad thing too. Especially when you're trying to convince the "authorities" all your guns were lost in a recent boating mishap. I bought my first gun in 1977 so imagine my dilemma. I need several volumes of data just to cover my gun safes.

Too much record keeping can be a bad thing too. Especially when you're trying to convince the "authorities" all your guns were lost in a recent boating mishap. I bought my first gun in 1977 so imagine my dilemma. I need several volumes of data just to cover my gun safes.

This is the truth. I can't imagine the reams of paper if I collected all the minutae surrounding all the guns I have or ever had. I do have pertinent info for insurance purposes.

ah cripe...my aching butthole

watching "how to use Excel"

you gotta be kidding me.

blah...blah...blah......

some British gal, or she sounds British.......

then there is a "robotic man"........

for the life Of God, and all that is holy..........

ah cripe...my aching butthole

watching "how to use Excel"

you gotta be kidding me.

blah...blah...blah......

some British gal, or she sounds British.......

then there is a "robotic man"........

for the life Of God, and all that is holy..........
What info do you want to keep in Excel?

This is an EXCEL spreadsheet, change the file type to XLSX

Attachments

• LoadData-RecordSheet1.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 116
Back